Daniel Candeias - The Complete Winger

the_glorious_12th

You know, the one that many of us on FF did not believe could exist and so use to make excuses for Barrie McKay. Myself included amongst the worst of them.

"Winger's shouldn't have to be tracking back", "it's not their job to making challenges."

Well Daniel Candeias come on down. What a performance.

He creates, he scores, he times his runs and he is always there for an outball. But he also tracks back, tackles, draws fouls, holds the ball up and chaces down every lost ball.

What a snip at £800k. MOTM for me.

Love candeias. Chases everything and also wins it about 9/10 times. No such thing as a lost cause with him about

Absolutely him gives 110% and will empty the tank for the cause. And reading an interview with him the other day. And it seems he loves playing for us.

His first touch is immense. The way he instantly controls high balls out the air is ridiculous, and another cracking assist for him today. Love the guy.

You know, the one that many of us on FF did not believe could exist and so use to make excuses for Barrie McKay. Myself included amongst the worst of them.

"Winger's shouldn't have to be tracking back", "it's not their job to making challenges."

Well Daniel Candeias come on down. What a performance.

He creates, he scores, he times his runs and he is always there for an outball. But he also tracks back, tackles, draws fouls, holds the ball up and chaces down every lost ball.

What a snip at £800k. MOTM for me.

I have been singing his praises since he arrived.

His work rate is tremendous. He chips in with goals. He has fabulous assist stats. He swings in dangerous ball after dangerous ball, but most impressive of all is his attitude. He never rests on his laurels on the work he does going forward. He tracks back and covers for Tav brilliantly almost every week.

Just a great bit of business and rapidly becoming one of my favourite players.

Have to hold my hands up here. Slated Daniel after his performance at Easter rd earlier in the season & though he wouldn’t kick on, but the wee guy has put in some terrific displays since then. Must be one of the first names on team sheet every wk.

Him and Tav for our POTY I don't watch any games in Scotland except us obviously and them when they are getting spanked so I' hearing noises about Berra or Forrest for the Scottish POTY everytime I've seen us against either of those players they just don't stand out.

The wee fella has a crackin' engine on him. Bit of a dig, the odd trick and rapid over ten yards.

I like him a lot.

I remember around the time Pedro was booted on here defending Candeias against utter morons that thought we should get rid because he had about 3 games where he wasnt excellent.

Hope everyone of them is big enough to eat the humble pie because the truely is an excellent, excellent player.

Tanner ba wingers don’t exist anymore, you need a guy like him on the flanks to help out the full back in the modern game. His fitness levels are unbelievable he’s an athlete first and foremost, you never see him blowing out his arse even in the last minute, he’s looks better away when we get a bit more space, remember he’s come from another country and style of football, looks to have settled now, was fkn brilliant today.

£800k makes a complete mockery of the cost of platers south of the border that cost millions and earn stupid money for being average at a push...

The Candyman is tremendous. I've never seen such a hard working winger. He is great going forward, has pace and a great delivery but then turns himself into an extra fullback when we're defending. Love the wee guy. I hope we extend his contract as well. He deserves it for his performances. There's not a better player in Scotland than him this season. Other than Tav of course!

I absolutely love him - he has desire, he has energy, he has ability, and he knows what it means to play for us.

Agree with that entirely. It's pretty incredible to see what it clearly means to him to be playing for us.

Particularly when you look at his career to date. Has been a journeymans career if ever there was one. Passed from pillar to post but always seems to have been a consistent performer.

Looks like he was just looking for somewhere to call home. I'm delighted he has decided it's here with us.

Love his attitude, gives up on nothing. If everyone had the same attitude we would have this league won already.

That is very true his attitude is first class.

Hope we can hold on to him for 55 and 56 but he keeps performing the way he is I think there will be a lot of interest in him in the summer..

He works so hard and the fact that we now have another hard working wide man in Murphy just gives us so many more options now.

I 100% believe that it’s Candieas that has allowed Tav to have the season he’s having.
They are dynamite as a partnership.

He had a brilliant game. It was him and Murphy who stepped up to win us the match when Windass and Morelos has a bit of an off day.

The front four are looking very threatening now.

He’s been one of our best signings in years, very consistent for a winger which is rare. Love him!!

Back