Dom McKay leaves Celtic

If your work forces you to leave because yoir partner has cancer the work would be on the end of a heavy employment tribunal claim.
Definitely and also if your work then had media clowns like Sutton publishing rumours about your families health issues to hide the truth then your ex work should really look at being disbanded.

Rumours on FB that his wife has advanced cancer. No idea if true but obviously I would wish them all the best if that were to be the case.

I say this as someone who despise that rancid club.

The truth will out.
Really hope that’s not true wouldn’t wish that on anyone and let’s be honest this guy is nothing like a vile as the previous job holder

Some saying on Kerrydale St that he was bagged by their board due to their poor start to the season. I would take that one with a pinch of salt. One of them is alleging that he decided to walk as a consequence of Strachan being brought in over his head.
How can they have had a poor start to the season when the yahoos were bigging them up as football's equivalent to the Haarlem Globetrotters?

BBC Scotland chief sports writer Tom English-

“This has come as a major surprise. I talked to somebody close to McKay who had spoken with him in the last three days and was given no indication this was in the pipeline. Everyone has been blindsided by it.

This was a dream job for McKay, a Celtic fan all his days. He was effusive when given the job and totally absorbed in it.

He had been at Scottish Rugby for 13 years but saw this as the big step up, the one he wanted. It's now over in 71 days.

Celtic will wait to get who they consider the right person to replace him.”
Aye no bother, think you’ll find its gonna be a difficult task to get anyone to take that job that’s in the full knowledge of what’s about to hit through the courts. That’s why they’ve opted for a company man to fill in. He’ll still be in post this time next year. Anyone’s career associated with the CSA is done afterward…what company would touch them.

BBC Scotland chief sports writer Tom English-

“This has come as a major surprise. I talked to somebody close to McKay who had spoken with him in the last three days and was given no indication this was in the pipeline. Everyone has been blindsided by it.

This was a dream job for McKay, a Celtic fan all his days. He was effusive when given the job and totally absorbed in it.

He had been at Scottish Rugby for 13 years but saw this as the big step up, the one he wanted. It's now over in 71 days.

Celtic will wait to get who they consider the right person to replace him.”
Aye no bother, think you’ll find its gonna be a difficult task to get anyone to take that job that’s in the full knowledge of what’s about to hit through the courts. That’s why they’ve opted for a company man to fill in. He’ll still be in post this time next year. Anyone’s career associated with the CSA is done afterward…what company would touch them.
If that’s true, surely a good employer would give him a long-term period of absence and have an interim in?
Exactly! 100%. McKay has made it known he cannot stay in post due to what he’s found out within it. Hand shake, NDA and be off with ye! Lawell vacated the post cause he knew what was coming.

Rumours on FB that his wife has advanced cancer. No idea if true but obviously I would wish them all the best if that were to be the case.

I say this as someone who despise that rancid club.

The truth will out.
Really hope this isn’t true and if it is all the best to his wife.
But if it’s made up what kind of absalute scumbag would start that?
Lowest of the low.

All is not well at the East End, that much is obvious.

He may well have personal issues but that's been used as the excuse for either him running a mile or being unceremoniously dumped.

I doubt this story will 'disappear quietly' because a lot of their own won't allow it to.

Who knows how good Ange may or may not turn out to be as a coach but I reckon he will now be fully aware he has turned up as a low profile turd in an absolute shit-show.

Exactly! 100%. McKay has made it known he cannot stay in post due to what he’s found out within it. Hand shake, NDA and be off with ye! Lawell vacated the post cause he knew what was coming.
You sound very sure of this. What makes you so sure mate?

A City Group appointment is a stick on.

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the answer.

Lawwell still hanging about like a bad smell, Strachan getting an 'advisory' role to the football department, Desmond allegedly meddling in football matters.

Not a chance any of the above is what McKay wanted.

Poor Alf. He'll be next. How long before wee Chesney is honoured to be Celtic manager again ?

Poor start is surely down to Flange? Imagine Robertson getting the bag because Rangers had lost 2 league games, not plausible.
Walking due to Strachan coming in i can believe
This is probably nearer the truth than anything else. A CEO should be making all non playing appointments and it’s quite obvious Strapon wasn’t high on McKays list to go on the rattler payroll. So someone else sanctioned the appointment.

The truth of the matter is he realised what he was up against when the Queen dispatched the pride of the fleet HMS Queen Elizabeth to Japan and their top man then leaves Japan with the knee in bits… Can’t blame him for jacking it…

I just spat my Irn Bru all over the carpet and my trousers laughing. Ha ha ha ha. Return of Lawwell, or maybe Strachan?

Looks like he’s opened a cupboard and was confronted by many skeletons.
Exactly this, he is a corporate manager.
The level of dark arts at the cesspit are obviously too far for him.

I don't believe this for a second. There's no way McKay wasn't fully aware of what is going on with regards to the CBC stuff before he took the role.

Happens reasonably often that someone leaves an employer they've been with for years and finds out their new role just isn't for them.

In this case, I'm sure he's possibly getting some pushback when trying to implement his ideas and he's thought "bollocks to it"

I heard on the radio this morning that Strachan has been given the official approval to hold his roles at both Dundee and Celtic. Coincidence that's said this morning and Dominic is gone by 5pm?

If what Tom English is saying is true then he’s been punted for some reason, and that seems to be backed up by a few other insiders.

Looks like DD didn’t fancy him for some reason.

Genuinely wish the guy all the best. He knew he'd made an error in the fans media press conference.

Thank you for having morals. You lasted 70 days longer than you know you should have. That was your only error.

I don't believe this for a second. There's no way McKay wasn't fully aware of what is going on with regards to the CBC stuff before he took the role.

Happens reasonably often that someone leaves an employer they've been with for years and finds out their new role just isn't for them.

In this case, I'm sure he's possibly getting some pushback when trying to implement his ideas and he's thought "bollocks to it"
Bollocks to it 71 days into a role. Nah I don’t believe that. This guy was a professional and at SRU for 13 years. Only a child would throw toys out the pram so soon, if it was for personal reasons serious enough he’d have been granted dispensation on full salary. McKay has made an indirect statement here by deleting mentions of CFC on LinkedIn and deleting his Twitter account. Fair enough he’d probably have known about CSA cases, but do we even know the full picture? Spotlight themselves have stated they can only release further info once Cairney’s case has happened.

How can they have had a poor start to the season when the yahoos were bigging them up as football's equivalent to the Haarlem Globetrotters?
That’s what I was having a quiet chuckle at. Banging in goals against newly promoted teams, newspapers brimming with the “ style” which produced -

Exit from CL
Saved in the EL by inept finishing from AZ
Lost for the sixth time in seven games to their biggest rival
Lost four of their opening five away fixtures

Back