MOTM Poll Rangers v Lyon - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We haven’t been great tonight, but we haven’t been able to buy a decent break tonight, everything has fallen Lyons way.

We never gave ourselves a chance by not competing. Flat as a pancake and really poor decision making if we even get half a chance in front of goal. Lyon are a good side, but we've made them look like a CL side, which they aren't.
Man City in the QF last time would say different tbf. Reckon they would do fine in the CL. They’ve been in it something like 4 times in the last 6 seasons or something.

What I admired most about Lyon tonight, whenever a decision went against them, they just accepted it. Moved on, organised themselves and accepted the decision.

Something just not right with us, 3 European games so far this season and 3 defeats, we had lost only 6 in 47 previously under gerrard
No quality bought this window just squad fillers which didn't take us up the level that we required this is going to be a hard European campaign.

Reactions: BWO
We've been totally outclassed. If our form doesn't pick up we won't win a game in the EL.

I wish I could say what was needed but I have no idea how to fix it.

Wright a great talent but very very naive at this level. Refs been shocking but still, can't give them an excuse to dive

Below par tonight as we've been for the most part this season,players look lethargic and unwilling to put in the same work rate as last year.

The annoying thing is it's not even as if Lyon are shredding us with world class football. It's just a complete lack of pace or desire and wrong decision making all over the park.

Agreed, Lyon have not been at their best either, even at that, could easily have scored four/five.

There's something not right about our play.
That said they're a big physical team, they're quick and skillful. They've just held us at arm's length. They've comfortably defended everything we've thrown at them.
Oh and they're "street smart". Diving c**ts.
Well beaten.

Have to take points off Brondby and Sparta, try and get that second place. Anything else is (as in the past few years) a bonus.

Granted we are playing a very good side who are levels above us. My concern is we are not playing with the same intensity or desire we have shown in previous seasons

Think we need to freshen up the line up

Flat as a pancake on the pitch and in the stands, we are a shadow of the team we were last season, 4th defeat already this season, and I said it at the weekend Kamara is lovely and tidy, but produces no goals, no assists, he has to do far more.

I thought we were unlucky to go in behind at half time. The first half was pretty open with us having a few decent chances. The second half we struggled to create anything.

They are a decent outfit, but we should and could have done better.

Back