MOTM Poll Rangers v Lyon - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ach beaten by a better more expensively assembled team when were not quite at our best
Wont lose any sleep tbh

As long as we beat the filth to 56 ill take 6 pumpings in Europe

WATP

Similar to Leverkusen I feel that we were just beaten by the better team tonight. World Cup, Euros, Champions League winners. Guys who play for the likes of Brazil, France, Portugal etc. No shame in that.

Positives are Lundstram and Balogun played well. Thought Davis looked his age tonight for the first time though.

We are just off the pace slightly, and unfortunately Lyon have taken advantage. I can’t fault our teams effort.
They are forcing us into errors and controlling the pace. Also good at the dark arts of European football and buying free kicks from ref to kill any momentum

We haven't been convincing all season.
Something needs sorting on our fitness, and dominance or behind the scenes in our overall play.
I acknowledge that Lyon are better than us , but our overall play is very disappointing in most games.
Perhaps it is attitude and approach or confidence, or someone or something is unsettling our whole team?
I was looking forward to this game, but I am depressed with our performance tonight.

Let’s not kid ourselves. Lyon (and clubs like them) are what we should aspire to. They are a level above us and it should be obvious to anyone who watches football outside of our games that there is some real quality in that team, definitely the best team we’ve played in the last 4 seasons.

that said, the amount they have conned the ref and the way they react when they go down is embarrassing but such is European football.

I know there will be the usual panic merchants on here but we don’t play that quality every week so see it for what it is.

We can't play lundstrum and davis in same team - waste of a midfield spot and we need more mobility and linking to the strikers.

Lyon a good good team so it is what it is. Form of some of our players is worrying though

Yep, much wrong with our performance tonight but they are an order of magnitude better than us. So well drilled defensively as well.

We will not play a better side this season, that's for sure.
A good point and we must take the positives that this match will help drive our team up a level or two now after a slow start to the season

Never expected to win tonight but I think even Lyon will be surprised that they haven't really been made to work hard for this result. Too many passengers out there, Midfield especially.

Back