Thumbheid Kicks Flare Into Crowd After Paedo Chants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a bit of the Dundee derby and thought he looked pretty sharp tbh. Almost scored a belter of a header by out jumping Charlie Mulgrew (who is a lot taller than him) then forced the Utd keeper to pull off a good save from a half volley where he got in front of Mulgrew again.

I hate the wee prick but we need to be switched on against him.

I watched the game too mate and I thought he looked a yard off it.
Obviously he'll always be a danger from set pieces, but in open play I don't see him doing anything against Goldson and Balogun.

I actually wouldn't be suprised if he didn't start.

perhaps he knows things that might involve police hierarchy and politicians.
maybe moving in the same circles as him.

Agreed, what a disturbing thought it is.

There is an element in Scotland that is morally bankrupt.
Parents in general should be concerned by it and demanding action is taken against present and historic child abuse.

It’s utterly disgusting it is allowed to be covered up and bred by these parasitic pieces of sh*t.

The silence and inaction is because Griffiths was sent there for one reason only - in the hope Griffiths will score against us and take some points from us that help that mob in the title race.

If he was to be banned for tomorrow that plan/agreement wouldn’t work, so he won’t be banned at least not until after we play them.It’s so obvious what’s going on here
He was sent their because Dundee changed their vote at Lawrlls request in return for some future loan signings etc.

Yawn.

All these negative comments about Dundee are from people who never go there. The city has vastly improved in the last 15 years and there's plenty of unionists and Rangers supporters from Dundee. It's got 2 LOL's an apprentice boys and an independent LOL. Plus Dundee blues and royals FB.

I'm not Dundonian but I lived there for years and think it's ignorant when people talk about it like it's the worst city in the world.

For the record, Dundee FC's reputation has went down the toilet with Nelms and co.
Dundee is a Nat stronghold and if these Unionist and Rangers supporters vote for the Nats, then I'm sorry but they are not welcome in our stadium.
It's still the arse hole of Scotland and a druggies, and victims, playground

Dundee is a Nat stronghold and if these Unionist and Rangers supporters vote for the Nats, then I'm sorry but they are not welcome in our stadium.
It's still the arse hole of Scotland and a druggies, victims, playground
You're ignorant. Those unionists wouldn't vote for the nats otherwise they wouldn't be unionists/loyalists. They have done more for the PUL community than most others have and are highly regarded in NI.

Where you from? Btw Glasgow is a nationalist stronghold with drug and addiction issues as well but I don't see you asking to build a fortified wall around this city. Did a Dundonian shag yer wife? Cause you sound very bitter.

Last edited:
In the future it won't be Escape from New York starring Kurt Russell.

But Escape from Dundee starring Martin Compston.

I watched the game too mate and I thought he looked a yard off it.
Obviously he'll always be a danger from set pieces, but in open play I don't see him doing anything against Goldson and Balogun.

I actually wouldn't be suprised if he didn't start.
I’ll be amazed if he plays tomorrow.

he will get absolute pelters and he’s shown that he’s too mentally fragile not to do something stupid.

Griffiths should have been arrested and charged by now.

Any fan who through a flare back to opposing fans would certainly have been treated differently.

What he did was completely irresponsible and it is hard to fathom PoliceScotland’s response other than as an example of its increasing politicisation.

Edit: notice they got round to it!

Last edited:
Charged with culpable and reckless conduct.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: "Police Scotland can confirm that a 31-year-old man has been charged in relation to culpable and reckless conduct, following an incident at Dens Park, Dundee, on Wednesday, 22 September.

"A report will be submitted to the Procurator Fiscal."

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: "Police Scotland can confirm that a 31-year-old man has been charged in relation to culpable and reckless conduct, following an incident at Dens Park, Dundee, on Wednesday, 22 September.

He's surely out for tomorrow then?

Anything from spfl yet?

Serious question here, has any of the media condemned this action yet? Not sure if I'm stuck in an echo chamber but I can't recall seeing a thing yesterday or this morning so far calling Griffiths out for his act of maliciousness and stupidity.

Serious question here, has any of the media condemned this action yet? Not sure if I'm stuck in an echo chamber but I can't recall seeing a thing yesterday or this morning so far calling Griffiths out for his act of maliciousness and stupidity.
Barely a whisper that I’ve seen

More justifying his actions by leading with the fans chants

Given what he did to Brechin City who were in the Championship not all that long ago, he should be a figure of fun who is mocked daily rather than an "expert".
Hard to take training drills off a guy when the nation refers him to as 'mushroom' though.

I’m not really up with Scots law. Don’t often get in trouble with the police. Does this seem to be the appropriate charge? Sounds fairly soft. Reckless conduct. But maybe that’s just me.

I’m not really up with Scots law. Don’t often get in trouble with the police. Does this seem to be the appropriate charge? Sounds fairly soft. Reckless conduct. But maybe that’s just me.
I'm not either but I have recent (receiving) experience with a similarish situation in England. This looks like a wide ranging charge which can go up to 5 years depending on severity/history/situation so it is not necessarily minor. I can't find a sentencing guideline for it to know what would be the minimum.

Hope he plays. He can’t press, so he’ll need company. Would be one or two less playing a blanket defence at the other end.

I'm not either but I have recent (receiving) experience with a similarish situation in England. This looks like a wide ranging charge which can go up to 5 years depending on severity/history/situation so it is not necessarily minor. I can't find a sentencing guideline for it to know what would be the minimum.
Thanks. I know sometimes it’s just the name of the charge and not to read too much into it. In plain English it sounds soft, but that doesn’t always mean the possible sanctions or outcomes are equally soft.

See to be honest mate you can make that argument about all of them.

Gordon Daziell - all he ever done in the game was score an equaliser against the beggars in the 94 League Cup win.
Andy Halliday - one of the worst players I've seen with us. Found his level as a Hearts player.
Alex Rae - Can't stand the guy tbh - he's been sacked from every football position he's had after he stopped playing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just a bluenose with an opinion and a Wifi connection - those guys still know more about the technical details of football than I'll ever know but you wouldn't think it listening to them. I'd be amazed if footballer panel member on Super Scoreboard weren't bottom of the class in just about everything in School. Bright as blackouts.
You missed out the heid , he’s been hopeless as a manager

Do we know if it's definitely him who's been charged and not a 31yo idiot who threw the thing onto the park?

Thanks. I know sometimes it’s just the name of the charge and not to read too much into it. In plain English it sounds soft, but that doesn’t always mean the possible sanctions or outcomes are equally soft.
Might just be a fine but still yet another stain on his character.
He’ll really struggle to get his taxi drivers license once he (soon) stops playing.

He never mentioned abusive chants in his “apology” as that would have demonstrated malice in what he did, so he’ll be hard pushed to bring it up now.
Looks like Dundee FC’s glib and mendacious statement, quoting thumbheid, has kind of boxed him into a corner.
“I was only trying to clear it off the pitch and get the game restarted”
He wasn’t retaliating to abusive and disgraceful chants, or he would have said so, surely.
Delicious quandary Dundee FC have got themselves into, due to their own smartarse behaviour and inability to do the right thing.
Hell mend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back