Thomas Muller

He's been my favourite player for a very long time. I wish we could produce players that good.

If Ronaldo and Messi weren't as good as they are, he'd be the player of the generation.

Won everything there is to win and will go down as Bayern Munich's greatest ever player
Argument could be made his namesake Gerd Muller is the only one better.

Beckenbauer is widely regarded as Bayern's greatest ever player and doubt it will change.

Thomas Müller is a great player though. One of the most intelligent players in the world, his runs are exceptional.

Mental how he isn't actually brilliant at much but is a brilliant player :D

He isn't the quickest or a good dribbler, he isn't great in the air or have a particularly good killer pass etc but he is a great player.

He doesn't really have any stand out attributes technically or great pace. He's an extremely effective player with a great attitude and will to win.

His movement and intelligence is second to none. His positional play without the ball in between the lines and into deep areas of the final third of the park is ridiculous.

Not blessed with skill but he’s got a great touch, vision and technique. Hard working and bloody clinical.

He’s so underrated.

He’s a really unconventional player but a great one.

He sees things ahead of their happening, is a good finisher, if not Lewandowski quality but has prevailed at the top for a long time and will rightly be regarded as a top player.

Terrible commentator. Das Ulster Gazelle and constant shoutouts to Bayern supporters clubs in Mongolia do my head in.

Even though he has been about for ages, it is still hard to determine what his conventional position actually is. Neither midfielder, striker, inside right, No.10, or whatever.

Just looked it up there and apparently he is known as a ‘raumdeuter’, which appears to translate as ‘space interpreter’. Which is reassuring to hear as it sounds like some sort of German homosexual practice.

Suppose the closest that we have had to something similar would be Ronald DeBoer, who used to drift about in attacking areas.

Weird Bavarian inbred but what a player.

Fair play to Bayern, their knack of sourcing high quality players from the local area consistently is nothing short of remarkable

Mental how he isn't actually brilliant at much but is a brilliant player :D

He isn't the quickest or a good dribbler, he isn't great in the air or have a particularly good killer pass etc but he is a great player.
Sounds like he's shite.

I must be missing something here , he said Thomas Muller is Bayern's greatest ever player , and I replied Gerd Muller and Franz Beckenbauer are miles better.
My bad, I was looking at the first line and the best player of the generation :oops:

Thought that was what you were debating. Just gone back and read the full post. You are correct.

If Ronaldo and Messi weren't as good as they are, he'd be the player of the generation.

Won everything there is to win and will go down as Bayern Munich's greatest ever player.

Wow, that's one of the boldest statements I've read on here.

Xavi
Iniesta
Pirlo
Ibrahimovic
Suarez
Lewandowski
Neymar

To name a few...

Wow, that's one of the boldest statements I've read on here.

Xavi
Iniesta
Pirlo
Ibrahimovic
Suarez
Lewandowski
Neymar

To name a few...
Suarez and Neymar are highly debatable.

Better on their day? Perhaps. But weighed against what Mueller has achieved. His record is incredible and he has shown up in some enormous games / tournaments. Certainly a solid debate to be has there.

Even though he has been about for ages, it is still hard to determine what his conventional position actually is. Neither midfielder, striker, inside right, No.10, or whatever.

Just looked it up there and apparently he is known as a ‘raumdeuter’, which appears to translate as ‘space interpreter’. Which is reassuring to hear as it sounds like some sort of German homosexual practice.

Suppose the closest that we have had to something similar would be Ronald DeBoer, who used to drift about in attacking areas.
You’ve been playing Football Manager, haven’t you? :)) :))

Some player. Frighteningly intelligent and ruthlessly clinical in front of goal as his numbers suggest.

Brilliant footballer and will go down as one of Germanys greats. Bayern’s greatest though? I highly doubt it considering the talent they’ve had over the years. Probably in the top 10 of course, but not the best.

Suarez and Neymar are highly debatable.

Better on their day? Perhaps. But weighed against what Mueller has achieved. His record is incredible and he has shown up in some enormous games / tournaments. Certainly a solid debate to be has there.

Suarez has won everything at club level, been one of the best strikers (if not the best) of the last decade or so. Neymar has also won everything, will break Brazil's record for all time appearances/goals, has finished 3rd in the Ballon d'Or rankings (behind Messi and Ronaldo).

I really rate Muller, he’s been uber consistent through his whole career and has won every major trophy there is to win.

He also comes across as a total lad too and someone who would be a great asset to a squad.

Back