Sorry. That was awful.

I will be honest if that was another team other than The Rangers I would have switched channels the only positive was the 3 points. That was boring to watch we still look lethargic yet again.
My take on it too. Watched the Inter v Atalanta game after and it was outstanding. Both constantly pressing, end to end, brilliant goals, Atalanta hit the post, Inter had a penalty saved, 90th minute Atalanta goal ruled out by VAR, skill, talent, desire, workrate in abundance from both teams. It was like watching a different sport.

Completely get your point and understand what you are putting across but I will take 3 points by any means. If/when we win the league, we will be talking about 56 and Champions League qualification. Nobody will care about the day in Dundee we won but played mince.

Play at that level against Hibs any Hearts and we are easily dropping more points. We scraped it today and a few big players in that team need to have long look at themselves in the mirror. I've never seen Goldson and Tav play so bad at the same time. Goldson's head looks elsewhere and we can't drop him as we have no quality cover.

I understand we are top of the league. I understand playing crap and winning is the mark of champions. But this isn't a couple of poor performances, for my money, we have been poor all season. Certainly for 95% of it. We didn't look interested in that second half and Dundee were far and away the better team. I have no idea what's happened to this team, but it is night and day compared to last year - despite what the league table may say. Praying they find a spark, but I've been saying that for weeks.
Totally agree. It was awful after we scored. Neither side showed much. Didn’t really think we’d lose but could and maybe should have drawn. Don’t know what it’s going to take to shake them up.

Play at that level against Hibs any Hearts and we are easily dropping more points. We scraped it today and a few big players in that team need to have long look at themselves in the mirror. I've never seen Goldson and Tav play so bad at the same time. Goldson's head looks elsewhere and we can't drop him as we have no quality cover.

Goldson could have 10 shockers in a row and gerrard would pick him. He is undroppable and knows it

Two camps here

1. those genuinely concerned with what we’re witnessing whilst happy we are winning. However, we won’t win every week playing like that. Very fortunate with that McLaughlin saved the penalty or we were dropping points

2. those with their heads in the sand that believe nothing is wrong and it’ll be the next game when we click. We’ve been hearing the same chat after every game now.

Im still convinced the new narrow system with the front players is a big reason for our struggles. Zero width and everything is congested in the middle. Constantly trying to walk it into the net. Very little rhythm to our play, slow, lethargic and little urgency.

100% agree with your final paragraph. However, your group 2 assessment is total bollocks I'm afraid. Everyone on this forum is group 1, as in the happy clappers and woe is me'ers can both see we aren't playing as well as we can. The difference in opinion between the two comes from the woe is me'ers predominantly concentrating on the negative aspects, even when we play well, and the happy clappers predominantly focusing on the positives, even when we play poorly.

Personally, I fall under the happy clappers bracket and you, given the difference in tone and language used in describing the two camps, are in the opposite camp. We have played much better than that and lost or drawn matches previously. More often than not now we can grind out wins despite playing poorly, which we couldn't before. Lundstrum was a positive today. I'm delighted with the 3 points and we are clear at the top of the table. Doesn't mean I can't see there are issues to be sorted out like you highlighted above. Just means I'm more optimistic than pessimistic.

Said in the match thread I dont enjoy watching the team play just now. Not just because of how they are playing but it's living on your nerves just waiting on it going tits up.It's looking like we will only win the league because Celtic are shitter than us not because we are good. I've actually avoided posting in the Bear Pit because I feel so negative and the board doesn't need it.

Those making excuses for them are fastly running out of anything valid. They need to buck up.

Same trends appearing in every match near enough this season it's very concerning.

Defensively fragile
Lack of control in midfield
Very little creativity
No cutting edge

Where is our high tempo pressing game ? It's completely non existent.

We seem to start games off well then completely fade away why ?

Same old predictable stuff week in week out.

There is only so much we can get away with this and grind out results.

Things need to change and fast.

Last edited:
Sorry, but that was far from "awful". We controlled a great many parts of the game, and some of our football around the Dundee box was really good; we kept the ball excellently at times. An away performance to win a league title.

Here’s the bottom line. We are nowhere near as good as we think we are. Our players are not as good nor worth as much as we think they are. If they were, someone would have bought them. We are probably good enough to beat the Tims and that’s good enough. Watch old videos of Laudrup, Gascoigne, Gough, Hateley and McCoist to see how good we were and reflect. Good enough is all we need to be and today we were good enough. That’s life in 2021 for Rangers.

It's the meaningless possession with little end product type football of two or three seasons ago we are seeing.

Nobody can get a shot off quick enough either, which doesn't help.

Hopefully get to January and their is a bit of liquidity in the market that wasn’t their in the summer. That way we can try get some quality replacements in and look to move a few on.
Liquidity would score for fun up here.

We are happily sitting atop of the league, in a season where we have been inundated with mind-numbing bullshit about “Angeball” and the purring from the media about how the title won’t be coming back to Ibrox now BBQ Pedro is in town.

Yes, todays performance might not have been barca circa 2011, but it was effective in getting a goal and not conceding. We won the match and it won’t be remembered for the silky stuff on display.

We’ve got the 3 points and now applied a wee bit of pressure on the manks to drop something tomorrow, which given recent form is something that isn’t unlikely.

I think we should just enjoy being the premier club in this country, we are the box office draw still and we are officially dominating. Top of the league at this stage as champions, and we are laying down some markers than we will be difficult to beat, dundee utd aside, we haven’t been that bad at all.

Let’s just enjoy folks, let’s enjoy the points and the look of the table for the time being!

We're particularly bad at killing our attacking momentum in the middle of the field. Midfielders taking the ball from a defender, and instead of moving it quickly forward, taking it for a jog then passing sideways.
The other thing we're doing is posing no goal threat. Our strikers are not attacking deliveries into the box. Both Morelos and Roofe just stood waiting for crosses, not even making an attempt to challenge the defenders who were mopping them up.
It's laziness. The big issue this season is we don't work hard enough to win games. We've done it at every level so far this season. Against Malmo, against Lyon, against Motherwell and against Dundee Utd when we lost or drew, and in games we've won the failings are the same. Midfielders not moving the ball forward and killing attacks, and ineffectiveness converting attacks into goals.
If that's what's being served up for the whole season I don't expect to qualify out of the Europa League, and if we win the title it'll be littered with frustrating dropped points.

A terrible game to watch. Our defence who were terrific last year look shaky. Goldson who was a star performer last season is flapping at everything thrown into the box. Tavernier was skinned a few times today as well. I think the midfield looks disjointed, and our front men are just not firing on all cylinders. Hopefully we find our flair again soon.
Thankfully our goalkeeper saved a penalty and we came away with the points though.

Our 433 is leaving a massive gap between midfield and front. Pointless possession and back passes in our half and then an inevitable wrong decision or lack of control when it goes forward. Three two yard passes on a row seems impossible when the panic sets in.

Every hopeful punt looks like it could outfox the centre halves. Free headers at corners, poor clearances.

Feels like warburtons plan a at present. Bringing on different attacking players to play out at the same sloooow speed from the back is madness. They barely get a touch in dangerous areas.

Out of curiosity - what does "demanding more" entail? Moaning on an internet forum? Moaning at the players at

Sorry, but that was far from "awful". We controlled a great many parts of the game, and some of our football around the Dundee box was really good; we kept the ball excellently at times. An away performance to win a league title.
I really wish I could agree with you, but think we must have been watching different games.

That was a Walter smith team performance, that wins leagues, I’m not disappointed with that performance.
Mate, like you, I grew up watching Walter's teams. Particularly the second spell. I remember trips like away to Accies when Miller scored in the last minute to win it and we were absolutely minging. But it wasn't week after week. This isn't the same. If anything, we're actually getting worse.

It’s coming.

We have Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen coming up in the next month.
As far as I'm concerned it's already come.

We had our arse felt by Malmö in Europe and have already gave up points to Motherwell in the league. Both fixtures we would have been able to overcome with relative ease last season imo.

Nobody seems to be able to put their finger on precisely the reason for this step backwards but I hope to f**k the management team have solutions in mind to get this team back firing again.

I understand we are top of the league. I understand playing crap and winning is the mark of champions. But this isn't a couple of poor performances, for my money, we have been poor all season. Certainly for 95% of it. We didn't look interested in that second half and Dundee were far and away the better team. I have no idea what's happened to this team, but it is night and day compared to last year - despite what the league table may say. Praying they find a spark, but I've been saying that for weeks.
You need to find another team to support mate .
We went to Dundee and won , take a day off.

Been utter garbage all season if being honest, Celtic game apart.

Won’t and can’t keep getting away with being so bad, it’s mundane, boring football and we are regressing quickly

Looks like a side who need a few bodies moved out and some brought in
Can u please use derogatory terms for them in future. mentally challengeds is my personal favourite

I really wish I could agree with you, but think we must have been watching different games.
Nearly 70% possession, in away game, isn't bad going; this is the part where we did well, by retaining the ball, with some nice interplay in our passing. Dundee made us work for our win, and that was what we did.

Sorry but you're talking pish.

Sometimes you need to grind results out away from home, even if the football isn't easy on the eye.

Juxtaposed with quite a few awful defensive moments, from nothing more technical than a long high ball. The penalty incident was a case in point, Tav getting rinsed by the Dundee full back on more than one occasion was a little bit worrying too. I can understand not clicking going forward, that sometimes happens, but we look shaky as hell at the back and our skipper & vice captain are largely playing a part in that.

Do we take another 30 odd games like that and win the league or do we demand more?

I don’t need the team to chanel their inner Brazil 1970 but fùck sake play a bit of football at least.

We seem to do it briefly then just nothing.

I was watching that last 20 mins with genuine fear we would drop points.

It was Dundee ffs.

Maybe it's me and I'm a panty wetter.
If you think we will another 30 odd games the way we are playing, you're seriously deluded mate.

Last edited:
Is this the first season watching football for a lot of posters, as some of these comments are cringeworthy. There seems to be an absolute desire that we fail by so many 'fans' just so they can brutalise their favourite hated player. Sacking players left right and centre along with coaching staff and questioning our manager is all par for the course....Headless chicken attack mode seems to be the preferred tactic of these 'experts', and no doubt they would also be the first to scream hysterically when it goes horribly wrong...

Anyone that doesn't think we have serious problems within our team right now need their heads

Is this the first season watching football for a lot of posters, as some of these comments are cringeworthy. There seems to be an absolute desire that we fail by so many 'fans' just so they can brutalise their favourite hated player. Sacking players left right and centre along with coaching staff and questioning our manager is all par for the course....Headless chicken attack mode seems to be the preferred tactic of these 'experts', and no doubt they would also be the first to scream hysterically when it goes horribly wrong...
Fans, in general, report what they see. From my experience most football fans are knowledgeable and will call it as they see it. They're not daft and can't have the wool pulled over their eyes. We are not playing well. At all. And that is a concern.

Juxtaposed with quite a few awful defensive moments, from nothing more technical than a long high ball. The penalty incident was a case in point, Tav getting rinsed by the Dundee full back on more than one occasion was a little bit worrying too. I can understand not clicking going forward, that sometimes happens, but we look shaky as hell at the back and our skipper & vice captain are largely playing a part in that.
Tavernier was good today, as was Balogun.

• Wow
Reactions: BWO
Back