Sorry. That was awful.

Agree to a certain extent but we were spoiled last season, it's back to grinding out results. We will click though, no doubt about it.

Another 30 games like that and we're winning %^*& all.
Needs to change pronto.
I mean... Literally that is wrong. Performance wise I'd perhaps agree with you, but if we get 30 more 1-0 wins in the league we will be on 106 points minimum. I'd be gobsmacked if Celtic get more than that this year. So we'd win the league. You don't lose the league with that many points do you now.

Tense or not, 30 more of them would smash all kinds of records regarding goals conceded, total points in the league and we'd be speaking of this team for the rest of time.

We played better against Motherwell. More attractive, more control. Everything was better. But I prefer today's result personally.

I understand we are top of the league. I understand playing crap and winning is the mark of champions. But this isn't a couple of poor performances, for my money, we have been poor all season. Certainly for 95% of it. We didn't look interested in that second half and Dundee were far and away the better team. I have no idea what's happened to this team, but it is night and day compared to last year - despite what the league table may say. Praying they find a spark, but I've been saying that for weeks.
Listen, we won. Mission accomplished. We played them at arms length. A bit risky at 1-0, I agree, nearly backfired with the penalty, but it was not as bad as you make out. Personally, i would rather we concentrate on the league rather than rest players for Europe, but Gerrard obviously thinks differently. Glass should be half full m8 not empty. We are top of the league !

He did an interview at the beginning of the season and he was uncharacteristically downbeat and even appeared angry. He was asked if the team was ready and he said "I am" or words to that effect. Alarm bells started ringing for me even back then.

Kamara and Goldson stalling on contracts. Kent and Barisic well 'off form'. Morelos quite obviously just going through the motions. Meanwhile no quality signings although we did find money to give Defoe a new job.

Something isnt right.
Is the efforts of last season looking more and more like a one off season?

Some players just aint putting in the effort. My guess is its about money. Some getting paid top dollar for little input while others are giving their all for much less. Bound to cause unrest.
That's a typical football fan opinion to say players are not putting in effort is a load of shite. We're off form yes but Dundee made that an absolute scrap today yet we came away with 3 points and are 7 points clear of them for the time being.

That's a typical football fan opinion to say players are not putting in effort is a load of shite. We're off form yes but Dundee made that an absolute scrap today yet we came away with 3 points and are 7 points clear of them for the time being.

Id agree if it was just one game but its been virtually every game this season.

Do we take another 30 odd games like that and win the league or do we demand more?

I don’t need the team to chanel their inner Brazil 1970 but fùck sake play a bit of football at least.

We seem to do it briefly then just nothing.

I was watching that last 20 mins with genuine fear we would drop points.

It was Dundee ffs.

Maybe it's me and I'm a panty wetter.
No mate you are right. We played in fits and starts again. Really poor.

No need to apologise, we were awful and that just wasn't good enough but that's what champions do grind out wins we shouldn't.

That being said we cant ride that luck forever, we need to improve and pronto.

I have seen one or two games in my time and that is up there with the worst. (The worst was QPR v Wolves back in the 70's - I climbed a wall to get out!)

I understand we are top of the league. I understand playing crap and winning is the mark of champions. But this isn't a couple of poor performances, for my money, we have been poor all season. Certainly for 95% of it. We didn't look interested in that second half and Dundee were far and away the better team. I have no idea what's happened to this team, but it is night and day compared to last year - despite what the league table may say. Praying they find a spark, but I've been saying that for weeks.
Don't be sorry you are correct in all you say and unless we change a few players that are long overdue a rest no matter their status within the team in the past and importantly change our slow laborious style of football then we won't get away with these type of results for long, surely Gerrard and his team know this even though they don't admit it in after games questions.

We were sloppy in spells but we dominated the ball in most of the first half and after the penalty.

We’re not firing on all cylinders up top. Alfredo and Roofe look miles off it.
Alfredo set up the goal on one of the only 2 occasions we played through the middle instead playing wide to 2 full backs who were really not up to it one in particular who has given us nothing all season.

I’ve always said these are the games that win you Championships, the yahoo games will generally take care of themselves but scrappy 1 nothing wins away from home are worth their weight in gold. In saying that we’ve been dreadful this season and are riding our luck in all honesty.

Agree to a certain extent but we were spoiled last season, it's back to grinding out results. We will click though, no doubt about it.
I hope so but I doubt it unless we change our style and replace a few players who are giving nothing to the team, I admire loyalty to players who have contributed in the past but we have a league to win and I think they need to look over our games this season and make some decisions about certain players.

I'd rather win 1-0 and play poorly like today than play good stuff like vs motherwell and drop points.

Winning the league is all that matters. We never improved in the summer and our performances are a direct consequence of that for me.

We were lucky not to get beat today. That's the worrying thing for me. A half decent team would have given us a hidding today. It really was a lethargic half-ass performance all round. We were extremely sloppy defensively and our forwards couldnt beat their man. We really need to buck up our ideas before this type of performance become habitual.

I mean... Literally that is wrong. Performance wise I'd perhaps agree with you, but if we get 30 more 1-0 wins in the league we will be on 106 points minimum. I'd be gobsmacked if Celtic get more than that this year. So we'd win the league. You don't lose the league with that many points do you now.

Tense or not, 30 more of them would smash all kinds of records regarding goals conceded, total points in the league and we'd be speaking of this team for the rest of time.

We played better against Motherwell. More attractive, more control. Everything was better. But I prefer today's result personally.
I was, of course, referring to performance.

If we continue to perform at these levels you can be sure we' ll be winning %^*& all

I was sat in the Dundee end today, my mate who has been a Dundee season ticket holder for years said he couldn't remember the last time where we had came to Dens and spent the last 20 minutes playing out a 1-0 win.

We've definitely lost that invincibility cloak we had least season, Dundee may have lost today but every team that plays us at the moment must fancy themselves to take something.

That was a Walter smith team performance, that wins leagues, I’m not disappointed with that performance.

We bring it on ourselves with our pace of play midfield 3 and others at time barely even jog never mind run no idea if that's an instruction or taking the easy way out

Another turgid lack lustre performance today and fortunate to come away with 3 points against a poor Dundee side, top of the league but playing very poorly, we really need to get our act together our performances this season have been honking

We were sloppy in spells but we dominated the ball in most of the first half and after the penalty.

We’re not firing on all cylinders up top. Alfredo and Roofe look miles off it.
Morelos is playing some great football imo. The problem is it seems to always be 25-30 yards away from goal.

If the truth be told we haven't played with much flair and fluidity since Christmas.
Every match is a plod and a slog now and Gerrard has to sort it now.

I hope so but I doubt it unless we change our style and replace a few players who are giving nothing to the team, I admire loyalty to players who have contributed in the past but we have a league to win and I think they need to look over our games this season and make some decisions about certain players.
For me it goes back to pre season, it was almost non existent for too many important players. People don't understand how important pre season is, if you don't get it right you're playing catch up from day one. I agree with what you say though, I'd love to see Patterson get a run in the team. His energy takes us up a notch.

you're clearly blind to our form right now
I would reckon you are a young fella who has not experienced the ups and downs I have over the last fifty years. 3 points young man is three points closer to retaining the league title. It may not be good to watch all the time but I will take three points from a poor performance everytime

Im hoping the likes of Sakala and Bacuna will freshen things up and give us a bit of a spark but they need to start getting a run of games. Same way Lundstram has in the last few games and looks to finally be settling in. Morelos and Roofe both aren't cutting it at the moment, and the decision to let Katic go on loan now looks like a dodgy one as we are 1 cb injury away from playing Simpson there.

Regardless of what happens this season we have a huge build next year that will require a decent amount of money to upgrade the squad, along with some inevitable departures.

Two camps here

1. those genuinely concerned with what we’re witnessing whilst happy we are winning. However, we won’t win every week playing like that. Very fortunate with that McLaughlin saved the penalty or we were dropping points

2. those with their heads in the sand that believe nothing is wrong and it’ll be the next game when we click. We’ve been hearing the same chat after every game now.

Im still convinced the new narrow system with the front players is a big reason for our struggles. Zero width and everything is congested in the middle. Constantly trying to walk it into the net. Very little rhythm to our play, slow, lethargic and little urgency.

Back