Sorry. That was awful.

Jamie19892017

I understand we are top of the league. I understand playing crap and winning is the mark of champions. But this isn't a couple of poor performances, for my money, we have been poor all season. Certainly for 95% of it. We didn't look interested in that second half and Dundee were far and away the better team. I have no idea what's happened to this team, but it is night and day compared to last year - despite what the league table may say. Praying they find a spark, but I've been saying that for weeks.

Do we take another 30 odd games like that and win the league or do we demand more?

I don’t need the team to chanel their inner Brazil 1970 but fùck sake play a bit of football at least.

We seem to do it briefly then just nothing.

I was watching that last 20 mins with genuine fear we would drop points.

It was Dundee ffs.

Maybe it's me and I'm a panty wetter.

I understand we are top of the league. I understand playing crap and winning is the mark of champions. But this isn't a couple of poor performances, for my money, we have been poor all season. Certainly for 95% of it. We didn't look interested in that second half and Dundee were far and away the better team. I have no idea what's happened to this team, but it is night and day compared to last year - despite what the league table may say. Praying they find a spark, but I've been saying that for weeks.

Some players just aint putting in the effort. My guess is its about money. Some getting paid top dollar for little input while others are giving their all for much less. Bound to cause unrest.

Do we take another 30 odd games like that and win the league or do we demand more?

I don’t need the team to chanel their inner Brazil 1970 but fùck sake play a bit of football at least.

It was Dundee ffs.

Out of curiosity - what does "demanding more" entail? Moaning on an internet forum? Moaning at the players at games?

It was Dundee ffs.

Yes, if we play like that but win every game I would take it…

It was poor. But we're top of the league. It's down to them to improve on their 50 percent win ratio.

Yes, if we play like that but win every game I would take it…

Fair enough.

Points win prizes, I'm just frustrated watching us as you know we are so much better than what we are seeing.

Also the fear that we will get caught out at some point, but as it stands we are top of the league so I'll keep keep in mind.

I think last season was the be all and end all for some of the players.

Maximum effort to win 55 and are finding it hard to match that.

Today was brutal.

I agree. The irony is, we played our best football against a good Motherwell team and ended up a draw. Quite a quandry. Obviously 3 points is a must, but like today, it was heart in mouth stuff at times.

It was Dundee ffs.

The thing is, you cannot win 30 odd games playing like that.

We got lucky today.

It’s both worrying and a positive at the same time.

It’s worrying because we don’t seem to be able to get out of this run of poor form.

It’s a positive because that’s the sort of result that champions are able to grind out and I don’t think we were capable of that a couple of seasons ago.

We’re 7 points clear tonight and we’ve been awful pretty much all season, things hopefully can only get better from here.

The thing is, you cannot win 30 odd games playing like that.

We got lucky today.

That's my fear.

We can certainly count ourselves lucky to take home all 3 points.

Then I also think, but we did get the points and perhaps should read more into seeing it as getting the job done without playing well.

I know it doesn't matter as long as you keep winning, but its really poor to watch this season. I'm sure we'll all take a league title at the end even if it's as turgid as this, but it's definitely hard on the eyes.

Good to get points but we'll get caught out sooner or later playing like this. Still not played hearts, hibs or aberdeen.

Hopefully get to January and their is a bit of liquidity in the market that wasn’t their in the summer. That way we can try get some quality replacements in and look to move a few on.

Last edited:
Apologies if it came across snide - my opinion has always been that of the players re trying their best than demanding more is a bit unfair. We just aren't playing great

That's fair.

We are not playing well, and hopefully that comes with time.

We are sitting top and that is all that matters really.

But their are more than a few of them that, imo, need to have a serious shake and get playing to a better level.

Maybe pertly due to the disruption of the last couple of seasons from covid, the collective effort of last season, the sense of relief of winning the league. The disruptive summer with the euros etc. At the moment we aren't playing well but we are winning. Yes team need to kick into gear and play well but at the end of the day we all know winning is what is really important. As a fan base we need to will the team on rather than dragging them down with constant moaning.

you have to grind some results, we could have played like arsenal today great looking football and lost. I thought lundstram looked excellent today. Much better

So you cant explain why we've been crap since the start of the season but you know its got nothing to do with my idea? Very good.
In my view the idea the players aren't trying is bollocks. If I knew why we weren't playing well I'd phone Gerrard up. Maybe you should do that and tell him his team aren't trying

Back