Sorry. That was awful.

I didn't see the game today so can't comment

However our last few performances aren't that much difference than last season other than we are missing the goals. We rarely blew teams away we were built on a solid defensive footing kept good possession and took our chances

Thot we were extremely unlucky to lose across the road in the second match and very lucky to get a victory today albeit the referee really ought to hang up his fifa card if he thinks that level of aggression is legitimate .

blend of modfield and blend of forwards isn’t working imo .

rhs of defence was almost disastrous today tbh an Absolute mess

We were sloppy in spells but we dominated the ball in most of the first half and after the penalty.

We’re not firing on all cylinders up top. Alfredo and Roofe look miles off it.

Slow, turgid football by us,lost count at the amount of times we passed it back the way, this is down to Gerrard and the coaching staff to demand they move it forward and quicker, poor defending again by tav,patterson must be wondering what he has to do to get a game.

It's turgid stuff. We pass the ball from side to side or backwards whilst posing little or no threat. We keep doing that until we gift possession and/or an opportunity to our opponents. We look clueless defensively which is just bizarre given how we defended last year. That is what worries me most. Is it a lack of communication or concentration? It needs sorted a.s.a.p.

Been utter garbage all season if being honest, Celtic game apart.

Won’t and can’t keep getting away with being so bad, it’s mundane, boring football and we are regressing quickly

Looks like a side who need a few bodies moved out and some brought in

we are the best of a bad lot.
We haven't played at all so far this season, some of that defending was amateurish to say the least. A better team than Dundee would have taken something off us today, arses need booted.

Starting with Stevie G who is quite happy with how things are going. (his words)
Sort it Rangers, we can and should be much better than this.
Up our game and lets bin the clubs around us, starting next Saturday at home to Hivs.

I will be honest if that was another team other than The Rangers I would have switched channels the only positive was the 3 points. That was boring to watch we still look lethargic yet again.

It’s both worrying and a positive at the same time.

It’s worrying because we don’t seem to be able to get out of this run of poor form.

It’s a positive because that’s the sort of result that champions are able to grind out and I don’t think we were capable of that a couple of seasons ago.

We’re 7 points clear tonight and we’ve been awful pretty much all season, things hopefully can only get better from here.
While I agree. We're not 7 points clear. From the filth, sure, but they're not the challengers at the moment.

In my view the idea the players aren't trying is bollocks. If I knew why we weren't playing well I'd phone Gerrard up. Maybe you should do that and tell him his team aren't trying

He did an interview at the beginning of the season and he was uncharacteristically downbeat and even appeared angry. He was asked if the team was ready and he said "I am" or words to that effect. Alarm bells started ringing for me even back then.

Kamara and Goldson stalling on contracts. Kent and Barisic well 'off form'. Morelos quite obviously just going through the motions. Meanwhile no quality signings although we did find money to give Defoe a new job.

Something isnt right.

I understand we are top of the league. I understand playing crap and winning is the mark of champions. But this isn't a couple of poor performances, for my money, we have been poor all season. Certainly for 95% of it. We didn't look interested in that second half and Dundee were far and away the better team. I have no idea what's happened to this team, but it is night and day compared to last year - despite what the league table may say. Praying they find a spark, but I've been saying that for weeks.
Dundee were not far and away the better team but you’re right we are pysh at the moment.

Two holding players in a 3 man midfield again. Forwards who don’t look fit and aren’t making runs again

without a firing Kent we are poor in a 4-3-3

He did an interview at the beginning of the season and he was uncharacteristically downbeat and even appeared angry. He was asked if the team was ready and he said "I am" or words to that effect. Alarm bells started ringing for me even back then.

Kamara and Goldson stalling on contracts. Kent and Barisic well 'off form'. Morelos quite obviously just going through the motions. Meanwhile no quality signings although we did find money to give Defoe a new job.

Something isnt right.

100% right...

We are so far off it, this will not be a magical click and back to our best.

I honestly think the 1st 6 months of last season were an exception to how we have performed under Gerard.

Only a matter of time until the results start to reflect the performances.

Yes we are winning games 1-0 but we are winning. It was only a couple of seasons ago that game we would have lost the match or drawn the game. Come on not our best spell but still winning can’t be that bad. Top of the league WRTP.

Something isnt right.
Haven't seen that interview - do you have a link or know what game it was before?

Starting with Stevie G who is quite happy with how things are going. (his words)
Sort it Rangers, we can and should be much better than this.
Up our game and lets bin the clubs around us, starting next Saturday at home to Hivs.
I've seen some amount of posts on social media platforms saying they would take winning games 1-0 like that all season to win the league. We won't win a lot of games 1-0 playing like that, we got lucky today with Dundee not scoring their penalty. Levels need upped.

100% right...

We are so far off it, this will not be a magical click and back to our best.

I honestly think the 1st 6 months of last season were an exception to how we have performed under Gerard.

Only a matter of time until the results start to reflect the performances.

I dont understand the thinking that performances dont matter. If we keep playing like that we aint winning anything.

I think last season was the be all and end all for some of the players.

Maximum effort to win 55 and are finding it hard to match that.

Today was brutal.
I think a few have served their purpose but we are stuck with them at present.

I understand we are top of the league. I understand playing crap and winning is the mark of champions. But this isn't a couple of poor performances, for my money, we have been poor all season. Certainly for 95% of it. We didn't look interested in that second half and Dundee were far and away the better team. I have no idea what's happened to this team, but it is night and day compared to last year - despite what the league table may say. Praying they find a spark, but I've been saying that for weeks.
Totally agree, 3 points but an absolutely shocking performance. The players need to wake the f*** up!

Bar first 20 odd minutes (and even then Griffiths had a couple chances he should have scored) we were shocking

a half decent team we lose that 5-1 - literally - that’s not hyperbole

Gerrard I sometimes thinks gets carried away his pre match he’s excited but today had the same warning signs we’ve had all season

something is not right

Correct. I reckon they could have had 6 if they'd carried some luck. We were awful.

Just to check.

Mundane. Shocking. Awful.

We were all screaming time up at Madden and jumping about daft at full time, right ?

I've seen some amount of posts on social media platforms saying they would take winning games 1-0 like that all season to win the league. We won't win a lot of games 1-0 playing like that, we got lucky today with Dundee not scoring their penalty. Levels need upped.
When we’re “unlucky” we’re told luck doesn’t come into it, that we make our own luck, or don’t!
Surely the same applies today.

Fortunate that lot are in transition tbh. Need to get the finger out rápido

I've harboured the fear that some simply aren't able to reach reach levels that they did last season. In essence last season was a home run for guys like Tav and Goldson, but maybe they just aren't going to be able to quite reach the peaks again?

Morelos, Tav and Goldson are three for me that just don't seem to be able to recreate the magic.

Plenty credit in the bank, and plenty analysis I am sure could be provided that they are still adequately contributing.

Bit to see Tav getting skinned off jobbers, Morelos tenacity bullying guys off the ball gone, and Goldson needing a telescope to deal with high balls for me is a sign they aren't reaching the same heights.

In recent games we have been creating, but not scoring, whilst limiting the opposition to one or two chances.

Today was different. We did not create much at all, yet gave up about 6 clear cut chances. Added to that about 4 or 5 mistakes by bad passes in our own defensive third which better teams would have exploited.

Today was our worst defensive performance I can remember in recent years.

Because......we just aren't playing well? You know that way teams sometimes don't play well at times?
So you cant explain why we've been crap since the start of the season but you know its got nothing to do with my idea? Very good.
It's the old Sherlock approach

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

At the moment we are struggling against teams who sit in, and teams who press us all over the pitch. Quite worrying. We won’t beat hibs next week if we play like our last few games. Still confident we can turn it around, but have seen few signs of it yet.

Do we take another 30 odd games like that and win the league or do we demand more?

I don’t need the team to chanel their inner Brazil 1970 but fùck sake play a bit of football at least.

We seem to do it briefly then just nothing.

I was watching that last 20 mins with genuine fear we would drop points.

It was Dundee ffs.

Maybe it's me and I'm a panty wetter.
Another 30 games like that and we're winning %^*& all.
Needs to change pronto.

In my view, Motherwell was 2 points dropped based on our performance in the game and what that deserved. Today was 2 points stolen by us based on the same. 4 points over the 2 games was what we deserved due to one mediocre performance.

It's clearly not clicking at present which is frustrating, but we just have to keep backing the lads. They ground out that win and it is days like these thag win a league. Remember we are just days since the scum lost at Livi. This year may not be about smashing all the records (last year really set some unrealistic expectations didn't it!) but it doesn't mean it's not still about securing 56. And 56 is won or lost not on the days you win by 4+ goals. Its won on days like this. Clean sheet and job done ahead of the Euro tie this week. Moving onwards and upwards.

That was as poor as we have been all season. I was actually surprised that Gerrard said he was pleased with the effort. I don’t doubt that the players want to win and are trying but, honestly, I don’t think they are working hard enough on the pitch. There needs to be a collective effort to play with greater tempo. Get the tempo right and all of a sudden the passes and runs are made quickly and with conviction and the space opens up. But right at the moment it is pedestrian and laboured. Too many guys are walking about there, particularly in the middle of the park. Too often the passing is slow and imprecise. There is nothing sharp about any of it. I really don’t know why it is the case. The personnel is largely the same as last season. Is it injuries and inability to field a settled side? Is it a few guys being off form? Is it a bit of a natural come down after the efforts and high of 55? I really don’t know what it is. But we do need to snap out of this funk sooner rather than later. The last thing we should be doing is giving Celtic even a sniff of this league.

Yes we are winning games 1-0 but we are winning. It was only a couple of seasons ago that game we would have lost the match or drawn the game. Come on not our best spell but still winning can’t be that bad. Top of the league WRTP.
Didn’t win last week.

Back