MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't like that argument that people use to shout down anyone who isn't negative though

"Oh, you shouldn't be positive before the game because then you are the one who can't control your emotions during the game"

I would argue the opposite appears to be true

If you don't want people to challenge your posts, don't make sweeping, baseless generalisations against people who don't hold your view

I don't know why being negative is the go to "staunch" view. But not all of us want to hate every second of being a football fan. Dont project your fears on to others
Mate. You need to read my original post which I thought was a call to arms for players and supporters ahead of a big game tomorrow. I think you either misunderstood what I was trying to say, or you have another agenda that I would prefer not to get involved with. Stay calm. It’s all good. We all believe that 56 is coming. WATP.

I wonder how far we are from using JD. We’re not scoring.

Judging by his Instagram today, he’s trying to keep sharp and is netting in training.

It’s a big game. A win and we can rest a little easier, knowing that our early season form is a stutter and we’ll come out of it. A defeat and bigger questions are posed.

Can’t decide on my team. I’m wondering if there is a start for Wright, for example.
Some picked Wright

Not for me

But not like anyone else is demanding a start

Mate. You need to read my original post which I thought was a call to arms for players and supporters ahead of a big game tomorrow. I think you either misunderstood what I was trying to say, or you have another agenda that I would prefer not to get involved with. Stay calm. It’s all good. We all believe that 56 is coming. WATP.
Aye, maybe I got it wrong.
Let's enjoy tomorrow : D

Any win will do. Go into break top of the league and regroup and prepare for Hearts on 16th where another win will pull us further away

He (Tailwind) is a proper argie bargy Mate. Just my opinion of course.

Expecting that Gerrard and Beale have something up their sleeve this weekend after his comments post Prague. If he put in another performance like the previous two he'll look an absolute tit.

2-0 Rangers and a good performance. Goldson and Tav with the goals.

I've been pretty supportive this season I think, but I'm unhappy after the performance in Prague and the attitude to selection and after the game. Fail to win today and I'll be in the negative Da camp.

This should be a standard home win, potentially even comfortable win. While there's a lot of talk around Hibs mounting some sort of challenge for a top two spot I just don't see it.

They were gubbed 4-1 away to HNK Rijeka then couldn't beat them at home either registering a 1-1 draw. HNK aren't some Euro giant, they have a squad value around a quarter that of Rangers.

We all complain about the form but Rangers have the best form in the league over the past 5 games. That's 4 wins and a draw to Hibs 2 wins and 3 draws.

And though our form has been patchy at best I just can't see that continuing. There's too much talent in the squad and at this point Hibs haven't faced a side of anything like Rangers quality.

Hibs could be in a fight for top 5 far less top 2 once injuries and suspensions begin kicking in.

FFS, this is shite.
Yaaaaaaaaasssss.
We really miss Kent.
They're terrible but we're making them look good.

Getting my contributions in early as it's a 2am kick off and I'll miss this one.

I would ring a few changes:

_____________McGregor
Patterson__Goldson__Balogun__Bassey
__________Kamara__Lundstrum
_______________Hagi
Wright________Morelos________Sakala

I would ring a few changes:

_____________McGregor
Patterson__Goldson__Balogun__Bassey
__________Kamara__Lundstrum
_______________Hagi
Wright________Morelos________Sakala
Tavernier is bombproof sadly gerrard has his favourites like most other managers, that's a good team, it has to be mixed up a bit it's all too predictable, we need the full game to be very similar to the first 45 against mwell, where I thought we played very well, little intricate passes, players linking up well playing with a good tempo, we need that today and the rest of the season.

Big game today. Would love us to come out flying from the off abs go for the junkies throats.

From what I’ve seen of Hibs so far this season, they are a bit like the tims, in as much as they seem to throw everything they have at you in the opening period, then run out of steam.
Whether they will try that at Ibrox is another matter.

Tavernier is bombproof sadly gerrard has his favourites like most other managers, that's a good team, it has to be mixed up a bit it's all too predictable, we need the full game to be very similar to the first 45 against mwell, where I thought we played very well, little intricate passes, players linking up well playing with a good tempo, we need that today and the rest of the season.
I agree, Gerrard will stick with his captain. But Tav’s not showing the energy going forward that he has in recent seasons and Patterson has looked the better player this season.

I think hibs will be more open than other teams in our league and so we may find using space a bit easier.

A few posts have said tav isn’t at it l, fair enough but I wonder if the fullbacks have been told to change focus a bit?

What we need is to be quicker and sharper - snap as Gary Mac calls it, it’s the slowness at times that kills a move, forward twenty years then Pass backwards to retain ball - that’s ok but not all of the time, we need to take a shot or a risky pass in the final third

I wonder how far we are from using JD. We’re not scoring.

Judging by his Instagram today, he’s trying to keep sharp and is netting in training.

It’s a big game. A win and we can rest a little easier, knowing that our early season form is a stutter and we’ll come out of it. A defeat and bigger questions are posed.

Can’t decide on my team. I’m wondering if there is a start for Wright, for example.
Defoe won’t change the fact we aren’t creating chances bud. It’s not that we are missing chances , it’s that we aren’t creating any in the first place. Our play breaks down in the final third, having Defoe , batistuta or Gerd Muller up front isn’t going to make a blind bit of difference

We need to get back to being in a place where we are creating 12/15 half decent chances per game, the strikers will score two or three and we generally will win games that way.

How good would it be if it all came together today and we got a good solid win....everyone could go into the international break with a smile on our faces....

I'm not asking for much here rangers....

I obviously want us to play well. But his statement is not correct.

We could play in the same lethargic way and still be top. We are far superior to Hibs and don’t need to be at our best to beat them. Of course it significantly improves our chances if we play well. But I don’t know why people make those negative declarations that aren’t even true.
Agree this Ibrox and they are Hibs, having said that, it’ll be a 1-0 slog

I’m not as pessimistic about today as I thought I might be earlier in the week. We aren’t playing well but then neither are Hibs in truth. They’ve been overhyped by the Scottish media, as always happens with these diddy teams that string a couple of results together before fading away.

I expect a tough game nevertheless, mainly down to our own form. A single goal victory to go back on top and maintain our 6 point lead over the Dhims. Sadly, I’m not expecting much from the likes of Bates and McCrorie today - horrific partnership. That said, a win for the Sheep would perk things up somewhat before kick-off.:))

Last edited:
Today should tell us a lot.
Home game against SPL opponents and we need a performance.

I fully expect Aberdeen to give up the 3 points easily in the early match so we will need to win to maintain that 6 point lead.

Bad results happen and Thursday was a terrible, terrible, night. What's important now is the response. Really hoping for a 3 or 4 nil victory here to get our season underway.

Defoe won’t change the fact we aren’t creating chances bud. It’s not that we are missing chances , it’s that we aren’t creating any in the first place. Our play breaks down in the final third, having Defoe , batistuta or Gerd Muller up front isn’t going to make a blind bit of difference

We need to get back to being in a place where we are creating 12/15 half decent chances per game, the strikers will score two or three and we generally will win games that way.

Muller was a sensational penalty box striker. He didnt just score goals he moved quickly to make chances for himself. If the striker doesnt make the runs he cant get "service".

I fully appreciate it has been frustrating watching us of late. Today is a day when hopefully we can all get behind the Team and back them to the hilt. Any win puts us in a nice position in the league, hopefully gives us time to get a couple of injuries cleared up and lets the competition stew on being behind.

I have to admit I am so desperate for Rangers to win that I can be guilty of criticising mistakes during games. Today that won't help our Team. Positive backing is the only way to help them get over the line in my opinion.

C'mon Rangers, let's show everyone whom the champions are!

4-4-2

Need to sort the tactics cannae blame the players for everything.

McGregor.

Patterson.
Goldson(hopefully)
Balogun
Barisic

Tav
Davis
Kamara
Aribo

Sakala
Alfie

I like this bet, Rangers win, over 2.5 goals, Hibs to get a red card(is one of the more honest refs today that will book opponents Walsh) 14/1 betfair.

Feels like we've been waiting far too long for it to click into gear - today would be ideal if we started.

As others have said, I'm hoping we have something planned - maybe altering style slightly to be more direct and use quick interchanges. I've got a sneaking suspicion we might see arfield start today to help link attack and midfield better.

Team for me,

Shagger
Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic
Kamara Lundstram Arfield
Hagi Alfie Aribo

Difficult to say how this is going to go.

I'd happily nick three points even if the performance is poor.

Interested to see if Hibs go with what got them to the dance or revert to what they've done in all other recent match ups at Ibrox.

Wondering if Hearts will do the same actually.

Either way, we've got to be at it today.

Think we might have edged out Motherwell with Batistuta and Muller up front

Don't have much confidence in our defence lately and this will be very tough test today.1-1

Defence picks itself today as its all we have. Obviously if Goldson is back he takes Basseys place.

Middle if the park, Lundstram, Kamara, Hagi

Front of Morelos, Sakala and Wright.

Not comfortable today. Ideally we scrape it but think it'll be 1-1. Expect the gap to close as they win at Aberdeen.

This is going to be tough one. Hibs were easily the toughest domestic opponent last season.

2019/20 apart where we dished out 2 scuddings, EVERY game between us and Hibs since they got back up has either resulted in a draw or a narrow 1 goal victory for either team.

If we play to our best we'll win. If we play anything like Dens Park and Prague then Hibs will more than fancy their chances.

Scoring first is absolutely vital. I shudder to think of the reaction both on and off the park if Hibs take the lead.

Defence picks itself today as its all we have. Obviously if Goldson is back he takes Basseys place.

Middle if the park, Lundstram, Kamara, Hagi

Front of Morelos, Sakala and Wright.

Not comfortable today. Ideally we scrape it but think it'll be 1-1. Expect the gap to close as they win at Aberdeen.
That’s the spirit!:shh:

Another one in the “just win today”, here.

I suspect the sheep will put up their usual pathetic display against Cover-Up FC, and get humped, so we just need to get the points on the board.

I’d take anything where we score 1 more than the spoon burners right now.

Feck being with you in the trenches!
Hibs aren’t playing particularly well either and we are at home.
Correct. We ain't scoring. We ain't keeping clean sheets. We drew our last home match 1-1.

Didn't say we would lose or be played off the park. Think a 1-1 is a reasonable prediction. I'll happily be wrong. Especially if Aberdeen can also do us a turn.

Back