MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tav pulled us out the hole up at St Johnstone. He's one of our very few goal threats at the moment. Patterson is a superb talent though and these are the big games he needs to make his move to be our main RB.

Leaving Tavernier and Davis out are big calls. Neither are at their best but both are really big players for us. I’d have had them both in. Wright hasn’t shown enough to be starting either. Big opportunity for Patterson today, really hope he excels.

Quite nervous for this one.

At this point it's strange to think, but this game will be the difference between a good start to the season results wise, and a poor one. Being 6 points ahead of Celtic will be very decent, but only being 3 ahead of them given their own start would be grim. Definitely need a win here.
The other thing about the start to the season is the filth have now played at Ibrox, Tynecastle and Pittodrie. We've not had one of the hardest away games yet.

Good to see Gerrard trying something new by dropping a couple of the undroppables.

We haven't been playing well this season so it is clear something in the team needs shaken up a bit.

Experimenting like this is always a bit risky, if it pays off and we play well everyone will be saying he is a genius, if we play badly his team selection skills will be getting decried.

Leaving Tavernier and Davis out are big calls. Neither are at their best but both are really big players for us. I’d have had them both in. Wright hasn’t shown enough to be starting either. Big opportunity for Patterson today, really hope he excels.
Team needs refreshed and someone needs to fall out. Ones running on empty and the other is out of form.

Today`s starting line up missing Tavernier,Davis and Roofe (on bench) and Helander and Kent,that is 50% of our outfield players,nothing you can do about injured players but I`d have preferred to start with 9 of what I consider our strongest line up rather than 6.Rangers have 99 pts from our last 38 consecutive league games if we win today it will be 101 pts (in last 38 games) if we win today it will be impossible to maintain 101 pts consecutively.First 7 games totals were 102,99,99,101,101,99,99.

Said earlier on the week that I thought Patterson would start. I think Gerrard feared Doig running into the space vacated by Tav as he went further up the pitch.
Decent team and I think we’ll have enough today to come out with the three points.
Come on Rangers.

If you've got a starting shirt, by God today is the day to prove you should keep it every week. Massive opportunity for the team and players to smash these rats

My team:

Either Keeper

Tav Goldson Balogun either left back

Kamara Lundstram Aribo

Hagi Morelos Wright

Feel like Hagi always turns up v Hibs, two winning goals and a couple of assists in his small sample of games v them. I can't decide which left back I'd play, Bassey can get by people but Borna has more quality on delivery. Lundstram's ball winning and energy will be useful in midfield.

No doubt Gerrard will name a totally different 11.

2-1 or 2-0.

Hagi and Morelos.
I was going to say one of the keepers, probably four of our defenders, maybe three of our midfielders and possibly three of the attackers.
How did I do?

Today`s starting line up missing Tavernier,Davis and Roofe (on bench) and Helander and Kent,that is 50% of our outfield players,nothing you can do about injured players but I`d have preferred to start with 9 of what I consider our strongest line up rather than 6.Rangers have 99 pts from our last 38 consecutive league games if we win today it will be 101 pts (in last 38 games) if we win today it will be impossible to maintain 101 pts consecutively.First 7 games totals were 102,99,99,101,101,99,99.
tav roofe and davis have not been at it ( i know most have'nt )

freshening the team up might be a good thing

patterson brings a energy to the team, as did bassey at lb

your obviously one for stats, winning games is all that really matters its that simple

I'm way too hungover to understand that

Tavernier is bombproof sadly gerrard has his favourites like most other managers, that's a good team, it has to be mixed up a bit it's all too predictable, we need the full game to be very similar to the first 45 against mwell, where I thought we played very well, little intricate passes, players linking up well playing with a good tempo, we need that today and the rest of the season.
Credit to Gerrard he has mixed it up

If we can get a confident and comfortable win today then I think we can call it a successful start to the league campaign.

I'd prefer if we don't struggle and to be honest it's Hibs we are talking about. Hibs at Ibrox.

Would be nice if the result today keeps the negativity down on FF for a couple of weeks.

At the end of the day the 3 points are the most important, however, I'd really hope that my Man of the Match is not the Rangers keeper for the 3rd game running.

Back