Let's talk about hagi

What's everyone's views on his performance today. A guy where I sit (MRD) was screaming for him to get taken off. I genuinely didn't think he was having that bad of a game.

How can you seriously call your self a supporter screaming for plater to get taken off. If Hagi hears that it could hurt his confidence and cause him to play worse. Everyone has there right to their opinion, obviously but screaming vemonously for your own players to be subbed is very odd behaviour.

I'd have him as our best player this season so far. He's inconsistent but our whole squad are. Never stops trying and is always looking to create. Today and Thursday werent his best performances but he's way down the pecking order in players thought could warrant a thread asking for more.

Probably get a slating here but here goes absolutely rotten vastly overrated on here as some sort of playmaker that he's not his touch at times is a joke he's so slow it's unreal he's the one I would sell if possible in his defence would never doubt his efforts or heart
Jesus m8 come from behind the green specs this young guy going to be a £25/30 million player in a few years back under your rock

There was a thread a few weeks ago about him and these points were raised

The fact is hagi is a player we need in the team he will finish with double goals and double assists this season , he tries things others don’t - sometimes they come off - sometimes they don’t , if more came off than not then he simply wouldn’t be playing in Scotland

He works his socks off regardless of how he plays

He wasn’t on fire that’s for sure but I can’t write him off. He runs his legs off for us but admittedly his touch was off today.

His first touch is brutal at times. Slower than a week in Bar L. Quality player but we need more from him. To be fair to him he’s one of the very few who actually steps up and has a shot at goal now and again.

Probably get a slating here but here goes absolutely rotten vastly overrated on here as some sort of playmaker that he's not his touch at times is a joke he's so slow it's unreal he's the one I would sell if possible in his defence would never doubt his efforts or heart
You think Joe Kinnear was a good manager don’t you…….

Think you're being very harsh on Hagi. He's a good player - I don't think he suits playing out wide mind you. Could have got himself a very well worked goal today if not from a good save from the keeper.

Has unlocked defences on several occasions and can fair spot a pass. As above, it's hard to make forward passes when there is no movement ahead of you and nobody bursting into the box. That will come.

I'd also add that him and Patterson didn't seem to link up well today despite both being very good players. Sometimes that takes time to come together. Sometimes they'll just have off games.

In summary I think you're somewhere between being harsh and talking shite. :))

Guilty of losing possession too easily at times and everyone knows he lacks pace, otherwise he'd not be playing with us.

To say he's vastly overrated is a mile off. I'd argue he sees passes and plays which a number of our team don't anticipate. If the team is on form and playing well, he's brilliant.

One of my favourite players and his numbers are excellent. I think he has the vision and craft to open up a defence.

Today I thought he was poor and he played a few short pass hospital balls.

He had a better second half, but who didn’t today.
Hagi needs games and still trying to find his form like most of our players

Mate a guy in front of me was at it as well, screaming continually for Gerrard to get him off. It was embarrassing listening to it.

Hagi has a lot of haters within the rangers fan base for some weird reason.

It's a bit like how Josh Windass used to get a lot of abuse from the home fans.

Some fans just seem to enjoy having a whipping boy in the Rangers team who they can abuse.
Eh??

I agree

I always thought he was an excellent player and a real talent but over the past handful of games I’ve realised that he’s actually dugmeat and I was wrong the whole time!

I think he's what used to be called a luxury player.

Inconsistent, sometimes as good as a man down, but he's in the team because he is capable of a match winning moment at any time.

Thought he, Wright and Patterson were all key in making things happen. Not everything came off for them, Wright in particular, but they were trying to be positive and brave on the ball.
I actually thought Wright and Patterson were poor. I appreciate Patterson had an assist but their final ball and composure was miles off it. They’re still young so they’re allowed a bit of slack.

Back