Let's talk about hagi

I like Hagi and he has the ability to change a game on his own. Unfortunately he doesn’t do it enough, he in that sense is like the rest of the squad. We have decent players but the majority lack consistency and put in a good performance every few games.
We needed to upgrade this season and it is showing

He’s not a right winger so we should stop playing him as one, play him as one of the 3 in midfield and you’ll get the best version of him.

His movement and the space he either finds or creates is huge for us. Distribution should be better and he needs to find more consistency - although injury and Covid-19 haven’t helped.

The amount of posts saying, if it had came off, nearly a good pass, doesn't always work ! That's the problem with him, he wastes far more than he creates and im sorry but if you want to be seen as a good player then you have to create more than you waste ! People saying he is going to be worth €25/30 million are deluded.

Probably get a slating here but here goes absolutely rotten vastly overrated on here as some sort of playmaker that he's not his touch at times is a joke he's so slow it's unreal he's the one I would sell if possible in his defence would never doubt his efforts or heart
Comforting knowing you are nowhere near the decision making process at Ibrox, and sincerely hope you don't run a grass roots football team as well.

I'm all for everyone being entitled to an opinion, but "Absolutely rotten" is just a farcical statement.

Everyone has an opinion, I just hope ours doesn't influence anyone else's life or football/sporting career.

For someone with his technique his first touch at times is atrocious. It rarely sticks and bobbles forward which is frustrating for us trying to play quick one/two touch passes.

Genuinely shocked he played the full 90 he deserved to be hooked at HT or after 55/60 mins.

He has quality but I don't ever see him really thriving in this league or being a key player for us.

I like him but I'd sell if we got a decent bid. Given he isn't a nailed-on starter, it's a no-brainer for me to sell if we get the right offer.

thought he had a terrible game in the stadium. watching it back, he was open to take a shot at goal at a few points when others made the wrong decision and didn't pass to him. so, maybe better than my initial impression

him and patterson had zero understanding
Last point, absolutely bang on…….getting in each other’s way and making runs into the corner of eighteen yard box that we’re going nowhere.

Thought he, Wright and Patterson were all key in making things happen. Not everything came off for them, Wright in particular, but they were trying to be positive and brave on the ball.

Give me players that'll try things to make something happen even if it doesn't come off, than someone who just keeps it safe every day of the week.

Couldn't resist coming back in.

There's some amount of sh*te being spouted in this thread.

Hagi, at 22, has plenty of years of development in him. He has a few things he can improve upon - the biggest for me is his play with his back to goal, that's far too inconsistent, but it's also why I'd prefer to play him a bit deeper.

But with the amount of important goals he's scored, the number of assists, the chances he creates, his workrate for the team, the attitude and desire to win, for anyone to describe him as poor should see their opinion easily disregarded.

Also, he's nowhere near as slow as being made out either. It's just never going to be a big part of his game. I've seen people complain about his pace and strength then go on to moan that youth football in Scotland too easily dismisses "wee guys". He's learned how to work around it somewhat, he can do more there and I firmly believe he will.

What measurements people are using as their barometer of what he "should" be are beyond me, and look a bit mental in all honesty.

Couldn't resist coming back in.

There's some amount of sh*te being spouted in this thread.

Hagi, at 22, has plenty of years of development in him. He has a few things he can improve upon - the biggest for me is his play with his back to goal, that's far too inconsistent, but it's also why I'd prefer to play him a bit deeper.

But with the amount of important goals he's scored, the number of assists, the chances he creates, his workrate for the team, the attitude and desire to win, for anyone to describe him as poor should see their opinion easily disregarded.

Also, he's nowhere near as slow as being made out either. It's just never going to be a big part of his game. I've seen people complain about his pace and strength then go on to moan that youth football in Scotland too easily dismisses "wee guys". He's learned how to work around it somewhat, he can do more there and I firmly believe he will.

What measurements people are using as their barometer of what he "should" be are beyond me, and look a bit mental in all honesty.

The very fact that people are calling out his pace as being an issue is part of the wider problem in Scottish football and fans in general.

A really sad, old fashioned way of looking at the game.

Never a four million pound player......

In all honesty, he was poor against Hibs, particularly the first half so the thread did have some merit in that. However, some of the comments and hyperbole are hilarious :))

He is one player, and I reckon the first of our squad who, whether we like it or not will attract offers in the next window.
He is a class act

I think as a team we need to start setting up far far more to get the best of our good technical players.

Let them play. I know it is maybe a bit outdated the view of building a team around a player, but our system sometimes is so rigid and predictable that we aren't allowing our talent to shine.

Hagi is a sensational talent. Let's stop trying to get him to be more blood and thunder and just let him, Kent and Aribo play without limits.

Well on his way to becoming the real deal.

What a player he is. I love the guy, he’s technically on a different level to anything we have. What a goal he scored, and he’s not having a bad game at all.

Pace isn’t everything when your football brain is streets ahead of everyone else.

Well on his way to becoming the real deal.

What a player he is. I love the guy, he’s technically on a different level to anything we have. What a goal he scored, and he’s not having a bad game at all.

Pace isn’t everything when your football brain is streets ahead of everyone else.

This is worth highlighting - well on his way.

There's not a single player Gerrard has signed that hasn't been questioned in terms of their contribution.

For me, Hagi is on a similar trajectory to Kent - when we actually signed him we heard plenty say "he's never worth £7m, doesn't get the numbers, doesn't affect games enough" and within 18 months the same people would be going mental if we sold him for less than £20m.

A little bit of backing and patience and things will be the same with Hagi.

Probably get a slating here but here goes absolutely rotten vastly overrated on here as some sort of playmaker that he's not his touch at times is a joke he's so slow it's unreal he's the one I would sell if possible in his defence would never doubt his efforts or heart
Didn't read through the thread, but please use punctuation as this is brutal.

This level of idiocy should be archived and regurgitated regularly and I'm not talking about the grammar.

Oops! Looks like we've started.

It's hard to fit players into 4-3-3 system, I believe he should play just behind a front 2 with a free role he is such a gifted player
Thought this for a while. This would suit us well I think. Morelos and Roofe up top with your pick of Hagi/Kent/Aribo in behind

This is worth highlighting - well on his way.

There's not a single player Gerrard has signed that hasn't been questioned in terms of their contribution.

For me, Hagi is on a similar trajectory to Kent - when we actually signed him we heard plenty say "he's never worth £7m, doesn't get the numbers, doesn't affect games enough" and within 18 months the same people would be going mental if we sold him for less than £20m.

A little bit of backing and patience and things will be the same with Hagi.
I’m 41 been going to games regularly since I was 6/7. I honestly can’t remember a single player being able to play the way Hagi does with either foot as Hagi does.

The boy has some incredible talents but as this thread clearly shows somehow we always want to trash our players?

Honestly don’t get people who like to post how they don’t rate Hagi. He is one of our players that can produce a bit of magic in a game that totally changes it, like he did tonight. He’s not going to do it in every game and he’s going to have parts of his game which he needs to improve, cause if he didn’t he would be playing for us. He’s still young and learning and having someone like Gerrard there to pass on his experience is only going to improve him. Don’t want him to leave anytime soon, but when he does he will bring in more money than we have from any other player.

Back