Which Scottish Team Has Had the Worst Goalies?

prenzlauerbear

I was thinking about this the other day, and in my lifetime, it has to be Hibs. The hall of shame entrants are as follows:

Simon Brown
Andy McNeil
Zibi Malkowski
Yves Makalamby
Craig Sampson

I remember Andy McNeil came out at Ibrox for the halftime kick about and literally couldn't do keepy ups. He was messing about with the ball but kept shin rolling it after the first few kicks. The worst of them all.

I was thinking about this the other day, and in my lifetime, it has to be Hibs. The hall of shame entrants are as follows:

Simon Brown
Andy McNeil
Zibi Malkowski
Yves Makalamby
Craig Sampson

I remember Andy McNeil came out at Ibrox for the halftime kick about and literally couldn't do keepy ups. He was messing about with the ball but kept shin rolling it after the first few kicks. The worst of them all.
Celtic

Celtic is probably the correct answer, given their resources, I cannot think of any Goalkeepers they have had in the last 50 years, that could come close to rivalling Woods, Goram, Klos or McGregor, and they have had some shite between the sticks over the years.

Conrad Logan, genuinely looked like a boy they’d picked up from the pub on the way to a match.

Seems I've succesfully erased him from my mind until now.

0_11937966.jpg

Fucking hell :D

Simon Brown
Andy McNeil
Zibi Malkowski
Yves Makalamby
Craig Sampson

Cammy Bell also briefly played for them

In my lifetime prob Celtic

Main ones being

Bonner
G. Marshall
Kerr
Gould
Douglas
D. Marshall
Boruc
Zalukus
Forester
Gordon
then the current shitshow.

But they'd have diddies like Barry-John Corr, Tony Warner and other randoms in for a few games who haven't been great either!

Not one standout goalie. Gordon prob the best

Up until Forster, the tims run of keepers in my lifetime we’re dreadful. Good spells from Boruc and Marshall were all they’d really had.

The sheep had Langfield and Ryan Esson off the top of my head before Lewis which is no HoF either
Don't even think Boruc was up to much.

Main ones being

Bonner
G. Marshall
Kerr
Gould
Douglas
D. Marshall
Boruc
Zalukus
Forester
Gordon

But they'd have diddies like Barry-John Corr, Tony Warner and other randoms in for a few games who haven't been great either!

I'm afraid I can see four in that list I would consider to have been solid at least.

A couple of complete ass-hats though.

I'd have to go with the OP. Hibs by a long way.

Main ones being

Bonner
G. Marshall
Kerr
Gould
Douglas
D. Marshall
Boruc
Zalukus
Forester
Gordon

Boruc and Forester have had pretty solid careers, would say Gordon has been a pretty good keeper too overall.

However, the shite far out weighs those - you omitted the Scandinavian chap - Hedman, also.

Boruc and Forester have had pretty solid careers, would say Gordon has been a pretty good keeper too overall.

However, the shite far out weighs those - you omitted the Scandinavian chap - Hedman, also.

Not really sure how anyone could name Forster in that. Or Gordon. Both good keepers for them when all is said and done.

Pound-for-pound Celtic have been pretty poor in the last 20 years but surely there's worse out there.

In my lifetime it’s Hibs comfortably. For the size of club they are in Scotland genuinely nuts to think it’s only in the last 3 or so years with Marciano and Macey they’ve had consistently reliable goalkeepers.

Even back in sixties the only decent keeper the rattlers had was Ronnie Simpson. They didn’t really have another competent keeper until Bonner who was no lev Yashin either.

I'm afraid I can see four in that list I would consider to have been solid at least.

A couple of complete ass-hats though.

I'd have to go with the OP. Hibs by a long way.

Solid maybe? Stand-out no.

I wasn't saying they were all crap, just who has been the main numbers ones - and it's hardly an elite keepers list now is it?

They (the main ones, Boruc, Gordon) were ok to above average. Fwather Forthter was poor first time around at Celtic, granted better the second

In contrast, I've always thought Hamilton had good keepers (McGovern and Cerny come to mind)

Speaking of goalkeepers (didn't want to start another thread on it) this bloke conceded 30 goals in ONE week, here's 11 of them, every attempt at a save is worse than the one before. :))

Main ones being

Bonner
G. Marshall
Kerr
Gould
Douglas
D. Marshall
Boruc
Zalukus
Forester
Gordon

Add Carl muggleton to the list.

Main ones being

Bonner
G. Marshall
Kerr
Gould
Douglas
D. Marshall
Boruc
Zalukus
Forester
Gordon

Surely Ian Andrews should be on that list as well?

Celtic is probably the correct answer, given their resources, I cannot think of any Goalkeepers they have had in the last 50 years, that could come close to rivalling Woods, Goram, Klos or McGregor, and they have had some shite between the sticks over the years.
Surely Forster was as good as any of our above mentioned.

Simon Brown
Andy McNeil
Zibi Malkowski
Yves Makalamby
Craig Sampson

Got to be celtic even if it isn't I'm picking them .....
Joe Hart prob isnt just now but i think he will eventually,
Scott Bain
Vasilas Barkas
Dorus De Vries
Zaluskas
DavidMarshall and Rab Douglas , in the same year they managed to have 2 shyte goalkeepers
Rab Douglas
I make it in the last 15 Years they've only had 2 decent keepers Foster who was a loan i think
and Craig Gordon with Borus in the middle somewhere can't figure out if he was really good or really shyte

Simon Brown
Andy McNeil
Zibi Malkowski
Yves Makalamby
Craig Sampson

Alan Rough was so bad Jimmy Greaves ripped the p*** out of Scottish goalkeepers.

He really was abysmal at Thistle and even worse when the got to the scum.

Celtic easily.

Rab Douglas and Jonathan Gould were two of the worst keepers I've seen in my life. Even their hero Artur Boruc, while was a good shot stopper, was horrendous at crosses and ball to feet.

Forrster is the only decent one they've had this century.

Another nomination for Celtic as well.

Bonner may have been OK for them in patches but I never seen him have one outstanding game against us from when I started watching Rangers in the early 90s until he left them. Partial to the odd clanger as well.

Gordon Marshall - Played a big part in Raith Rovers winning that League Cup Final

Stewart Kerr - Saved a Gascoigne penalty, highlight of his career

Gould - Nah thought he was garbage in all honesty for them and for Scotland.

Douglas - Think he caused more goals for Rangers than he prevented.

Marshall - Had that great couple of games against Barcelona then us but was off pretty soon after that.

Boruc - A fat gimp

Forster - Put 12 goals past him in two seasons, then we were thrown down to Division 3. A great performance in the LC final but that's it. Prob doing him a disservice as he was good for them in the Champions League but he's a monstrosity so..

Whatever combo of goalies they came up with that season - LOL

Hart - probably the most high profile but shipping goals all over the camp.

In summary, all pish

Back