Which Scottish Team Has Had the Worst Goalies?

Another nomination for Celtic as well.

Bonner may have been OK for them in patches but I never seen him have one outstanding game against us from when I started watching Rangers in the early 90s until he left them. Partial to the odd clanger as well.

Gordon Marshall - Played a big part in Raith Rovers winning that League Cup Final

Stewart Kerr - Saved a Gascoigne penalty, highlight of his career

Gould - Nah thought he was garbage in all honesty for them and for Scotland.

Douglas - Think he caused more goals for Rangers than he prevented.

Marshall - Had that great couple of games against Barcelona then us but was off pretty soon after that.

Boruc - A fat gimp

Forster - Put 12 goals past him in two seasons, then we were thrown down to Division 3. A great performance in the LC final but that's it. Prob doing him a disservice as he was good for them in the Champions League but he's a monstrosity so..

Whatever combo of goalies they came up with that season - LOL

Hart - probably the most high profile but shipping goals all over the camp.

In summary, all pish
McKnight? Or Allen McKnightmare as even Timothy called him.

Gordon aside, name me a good Hearts keeper.

I will add Henry Smith was far from the worst.

Niemi and Alexander for starters.

McDonald wasn't a bad keeper and they had a foreigner in recent season's too who was good, Kello I think he was.

Every team has had their diddies in goals.

In recent years we've had Bell, Simonsen and Robinson, prior to that we suffered Letizi for a period. The green grapes have had loads of crap goalies, both incompetent and occasionally borderline mentally ill. Hibs have had a few absolutely crap goalies too, from Nick Colgan onwards to Marciano. Hearts had a few decent ones, Kello and also Jamie McDonald (who I felt we should have signed instead of Calamity Cammy Bell).

I was thinking about this the other day, and in my lifetime, it has to be Hibs. The hall of shame entrants are as follows:

Simon Brown
Andy McNeil
Zibi Malkowski
Yves Makalamby
Craig Sampson

I remember Andy McNeil came out at Ibrox for the halftime kick about and literally couldn't do keepy ups. He was messing about with the ball but kept shin rolling it after the first few kicks. The worst of them all.

You forgot Gotskalksson who was a massive diddy.

In my lifetime prob Celtic

Main ones being

Bonner
G. Marshall
Kerr
Gould
Douglas
D. Marshall
Boruc
Zalukus
Forester
Gordon
then the current shitshow.

But they'd have diddies like Barry-John Corr, Tony Warner and other randoms in for a few games who haven't been great either!

Not one standout goalie. Gordon prob the best
You forgot perhaps the worst of all.....Ian Andrews.

Every team has had their diddies in goals.

In recent years we've had Bell, Simonsen and Robinson, prior to that we suffered Letizi for a period. The green grapes have had loads of crap goalies, both incompetent and occasionally borderline mentally ill. Hibs have had a few absolutely crap goalies too, from Nick Colgan onwards to Marciano. Hearts had a few decent ones, Kello and also Jamie McDonald (who I felt we should have signed instead of Calamity Cammy Bell).
I remember Kello having a great game against us at Ibrox. Think we won late on if I remember but he was saving everything.

I thought bonner was extremely overrated by the Scottish press , he made some amount of clangers that nowadays would have made rwb Douglas look like oly khan

I remember watching Sportscene last season (although it might have been the season before) and motherwell had a guy in goals, a tall black guy, and he was rank rotten. Got 4 put past him and it was honestly the worst display by any keeper I have ever saw. Anyone else remember this. Motherwell were doing crap at this time and I thought if they keep him in hru will go down, sadly they replaced him and I’ve never heard of him since!

Back