£3m to Sports Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of moaners on here. The key thing is that King got rid of Ashley and he stumped up the cash to do it. King is a hero.

The malevolent Cashley forever lurking in the background would always have been a very genuine danger to the future of our club. This £ 3 million spent to eliminate him from Rangers once and for all is worth every penny.

So we never heard about the £3m at the time?
So fùck.
Is anyone suggesting that if King had said we need to pay 3 million quid to get rid of fatman they'd have said no to it?

The idea that King was being dishonest is a fùcking joke too. He's the chairman, he knows it'll be in the accounts, look at your copy of them his signature is all over them.
If he didn't say at the time, then there would have been a perfectly good reason for not doing so. He's not the kind of guy who thinks we'd not pick up on fatboy getting a wedge in our annual statement.

Paying SD £3m to get shot of Ashley is money well spent considering we can now go ahead with a Rights Issue during 2018.

My concern with the accounts is the £345k salary to Key Management Personnel with the £93k bonus. This is mainly referring to Stewart Robertson who has cost the club millions with the appointment of Caixinha.

Buy absolutely nothing from Sports Direct. Their brand is toxic forever more.
Think quite a lot of people were kidding themselves on with the boycott,Guy in the superstore told me that 80% of their sales were online, So plenty were buying stuff.

Worth bearing in mind we'll probably recoup the £3m this season alone in sales and actually get money into the club before we put in place a proper beneficial retail deal.

It was a bit much to hope the fat man walked away for nothing. £3m well spent to get rid of him. It wasn’t only about what we make from retail, it was about being free to grow the brand, income streams, advertising rights etc. It had a lot of knock on effects as well as the cost of constant legal battles and threats of action. It was a huge cloud over the club.

I always expected this to impact the accounts. Luckily it's a one off thing and from now on merchandising will benefit the club first and foremost.

£3m seems a good price. How much was our retail deal worth with JJB under Murray? £3m per season?

Back of the envelope stuff but with 5/6 years still locked into the old deal. Spend £3m to make 15.

A deal was done and DK gets rid of Ashley at the end of the season so stop bitching money well spent.
Also, any new commercial deals have still to be announced and these I am sure will eclipse the previous deals in terms of helping Rangers return to profit and better circumstances. In addition, now that Ashley is no longer connected better partners might come forward with better offers as he is no longer associated.

If it means getting rid of fat f ucking pieman then it's good enough for me.

Last edited:
Sports direct, cruise, flannels, USC 18 montrose and many others should still be avoided.

The fat phuck has his fingers in so many pies though it's almost impossible not to give him some cash.

£3million is a hell of a lot of money. However over the 7 year period it will be more that repaid.

I also hope that once Ashley is out of the scene we may get better sponsorship etc. Would you really,if you were a really major reputable company, want to be associated with Sports Direct or Ashley?

Can only hope

£3million is a hell of a lot of money. However over the 7 year period it will be more that repaid.

I also hope that once Ashley is out of the scene we may get better sponsorship etc. Would you really,if you were a really major reputable company, want to be associated with Sports Direct or Ashley?

Can only hope
Many top brands sold in his other outlets. Money talks. Most companies don't care that he's a lady's front bottom

That bassa getting another £3 million on top of what he has already got out of the club is a bitter pill to swallow.

Our directors thought it was a good deal and they are currently paying for it within our hefty operational shortfall. Put your money where your mouth is so to speak.

The way I look at it is we were loosing about that amount every year by not controlling our own retail revenue stream.
Money well spent.
For those outraged or wanting answers pop along to the AGM and ask the question.

For those complaining 'we weren't told about it' - it may well be that non-disclosure (until there was a statutory requirement to do so) was part of the deal? We know how the Fatman likes to work.

There used to be people on here suggesting ways to get rid of Ashley,could the fans buy him out etc,the response was generally it would take 10’s of millions to get rid of the fat parasite.

Now King has got rid and people are moaning,£3m is small feed to get him away from our club.As Others have said,there was no way King could have discussed the deal at the time,but now the accounts are out we see the payment.The best £3m we’ve spent in a long while imo.

Some just moan for the sake of it.

Getting out of the deal was very, very important for our Club. Getting Ashley to sell his shares was crucial. The Board have done well on this one - despite the bleating on here.

Happy to repeat ad nauseam if folk aren’t understanding

I agree completely with buying out Mike Ashley

I don’t think the deal is as good as was made out at the time as no metion of buy out

Understand this may be due to ND agreement but let’s be honest it was portrayed as a great victory for the club when the reality is it was a good deal for Ashley

I don’t think the deal is as good as was made out at the time as no metion of buy out

Understand this may be due to ND agreement but let’s be honest it was portrayed as a great victory for the club when the reality is it was a good deal for Ashley
It is a great victory for our club,he was bad news for us,why can’t you get this?

It should never be forgotten that this fat trackie selling cub ripped us off for close to 10 million quid all in

Fat lady's front bottom.. I’ll be in the whisky the night he dies

No - I think it was a necessary deal but not a good one

Like I said - £3m is about 150,000 strips to break even.
Think your wildly misinformed if you believe our retail potential is only worth £3 million? - FYI our retail sales value over the past 20 years has been worth in the region of £10-20 million per season (Tops, Training gear & Merchandise), we used to operate in excess of 10 high street retail shops/concessions. Again FYI Rangers Top sales are usually around the 500,000 mark per season - that's why fat Mike wanted a slice in the first place!
For me £3 million is an absolutely brilliant piece of business!

I suspect like many of 'The People' on here you appear to be reeking of Barry White!

I don’t think I said I thought our retail income was £3m ? I was mearly pointing out the number of strips that would need to be sold to get the £3m back - what our break even point was

Sales value is different from profit - so £10m of sales might only generate £2-3m of profit. I don’t know what sort of margin the club makes on a strip sale but don’t think it would be huge

I’d be stunned if our strip sales are 500,000 per release !

It was a great victory for us.

Think your wildly misinformed if you believe our retail potential is only worth £3 million? - FYI our retail sales value over the past 20 years has been worth in the region of £10-20 million per season (Tops, Training gear & Merchandise), we used to operate in excess of 10 high street retail shops/concessions. Again FYI Rangers Top sales are usually around the 500,000 mark per season - that's why fat Mike wanted a slice in the first place!
For me £3 million is an absolutely brilliant piece of business!

I'm not sure I agree with your figures but we certainly used to get a net profit of circa £4m-£5m a year on merchandising. I think replica shirt sales, in general, have fallen since that time (back in the 90s) but prices have risen. I'd expect us to still be capable of a net profit on merchandising of at least £5m per annum.

I'm not sure I agree with your figures but we certainly used to get a net profit of circa £4m-£5m a year on merchandising. I think replica shirt sales, in general, have fallen since that time (back in the 90s) but prices have risen. I'd expect us to still be capable of a net profit on merchandising of at least £5m per annum.

Absolutely. I reckon we should make £5m-£6m profit a year from retail.

Correct as they are still our retail partner until 2018 as they and the club agreed a new 1 year deal off the back of the early termination the exiting retail deal

It also included a better deal for us

Rangers Megastore 75/25 to us
Sport Direct 50/50

These figures keep on getting mentioned, but as of yet, there is no evidence this is the case.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back