“banter year”

That you do mate. That's not to say it hasn't hurt watching our great club go through things you could never imagine. But the fact we have managed to adapt with it is a testament to our support.

Bring on 55.

Yup that's correct. Sit and wallowing in the last 6 years doesn't do anyone any good.

Anyway, let's hope it's over for good and we're on our way to 55.

We seem to be getting annoyed about a lot of things recently. The banter years, the famous, Ibrox, Mr Gerrard. Am I the only one who doesn’t give a toss?

The terms “ the banter years , Ibrox of Ibrox and the famous “ are absolutely cringeworthy and have no place in relation to Rangers .

Pretty sure “The Famous” has some relation mate.

As I Was Walking Down The Copland Road,
I Met A Bunch Of Strangers,
And They Said To Me Are You Going To See, The Famous Glasgow Rangers.

“The Banter years” isn’t a term I use, but it doesn’t bother me. Seems to me like it’s taking ownership of what happened, rather than allowing it be used as a stick to beat us with.

“Ibrox” makes me feels physically sick though.

To me the banter years is a modern day rangers fans version of sticks and stones... our haters can say what they want no club in world football has dealt with the outright hatred from inside our own country and for 3 or 4 years inside our own club and boardroom they wanted us dead they tried everything.
Dave king the 3 bears and our own loyalty gave us a light at the end of a very dark tunnel, a tunnel that steven gerrard and gary mac are hopefully going to bring us roaring out of towards 55!

is it just me that finds this term annoying?

To me it’s been 6 years of sub standard pathetic performances from us, from finishing 3rd two years in a row with triple the budget, to finishing 3rd in the championship, then the play-off final against Motherwell, draws and loses against the likes of Stirling Albion & 3 attempts to win a Ransdens cup.

That isn’t banter to me, it’s an embarrassment
It’s incomprehensible that a Rangers fan is happy to use this absolutely horrific term. Embarrassing doesn’t do justice to how bad it is.

I don't mind the banter years term, have used it before too. Its just a way of turning insults on their head and at the same time dismissing their achievements as not important due to our absence. Don't understand how folk can get wound up by this.

I know a few Dundee Utd fans that would use this phrase all the time when trying to wind me up.

It seems to have mysteriously vanished from their vocabulary over the last two years though.

To me it’s been 6 years of sub standard pathetic performances from us, from finishing 3rd two years in a row with triple the budget, to finishing 3rd in the championship, then the play-off final against Motherwell, draws and loses against the likes of Stirling Albion & 3 attempts to win a Ransdens cup.

That banter years is the worst patter I’ve heard in my life. Anyone who uses it should be banned from Ibrox.

I have absolutely no problems calling Rangers ‘The Famous’.

If you do, you must have some serious issues with them also being called; The Teddy Bears, The Bears, The Gers, The Queen’s Eleven, The Sons of William etc,etc,etc.

for me the banter years were the McCoist ones
the laughs at training, the bizarre signings and the terrible football + laughable results
three years pissing about the lower leagues with no structure to the future, then Ally found a Panini album from 10 years previous and tried to rebuild that team

banter years ended with Warburton - since then its been glimpses of a return with more mediocrity as three men were found wanting on a combination of signings, tactics, fitness and ability

I dont mind the Banter Years so much, at my age I dont have the time to let it bother me, I do love it when the scum tell us we are deed or zombies, or both, It is a long time since I spoke to a Tim about anything, I just ignore them, that is when I thank my God I am what I am and not one of them.

Always thought it's a good way to describe it - it was a laugh or cry situation more often than not, and I'd rather go with laughter (at least when it came to silly on-field pish, less so when the Club's existence was actually in peril...).

I believe it trivialises that period. And that should never happen.

I fu(king detest the term.

Outside of the obvious tragedies, this was/is our lowest point of our club.

I don’t find anything funny about it to be honest.

Its been brutal.

Personally I hate "the famous", Ibrox", "the banter years" and Mr.

The Banter years sounds like some sort of west end luvvie shit patter and I've always despised the whole calling people connected with us Mr. As if we're at school and the person being referred to is somehow above us. Mr King says this, Mr Gerrard say etc. Dave and Steven will suffice.

Same here it's an awful saying

Back