“I’d like that game again, in all honestly, because I think it would have been a different outcome

any mention of the penalty claims we had? or the diving from forward in the box?

Sounds like the sort of shit Andy Roxburgh or Craig Brown would come out with, along the lines of "we won the second-half", even though they'd been destroyed in the first. We were truly magnificent in the first 45 minutes and took our foot off the gas only when they went down to 10. He's in la-la land tbh.

Tin hat on but he’s right about how we reacted after the red card. We just stopped passing the ball as well and looked nervy in possession.

Still the better team overall tho. Hearts had one tactic. Long balls.

Yes Hearts could have scored a couple more if we did not have such a good goalkeeper ,but we could have scored another 5 or 6 and his goalkeeper had a couple of good saves . What he also forgets we had a hard European tie on Thursday,that explained why our intensity dropped in the second half .If we had not had that tie we would have one by even more.

Hearts couldn't live with the intensity we played with first half.

We could play the game 100 times - they'd get blown away every time.

OK, it may be that Levein is just trying to lift the heads of his players after their first league defeat. Some may think that what he has said is a bit daft but which of the two from Levein or McInnes would think would be be most likely to motivate his team to beat Celtic? Suspect that Craig Levein is well aware how today’s game went but is just thinking ahead.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing, we had to be on our game for the rest of the match.
Of course we did because we should have. If we didn't then we'd only have ourselves to blame for losing. However, we were 3-0 up at half time, we were never losing that game.

Hearts never played any football today, they played a from of Badminton. They lump in the air and over the half way line all day, that and long throws in, football nah sorry.

It was a really good game from our point of view, go out all guns blazing for the first half and see were it took us, knowing we were going to slow down in the second half, we more than done enough to win the three points, and we did.

He’s hardly likely to say we were pish and Rangers are far better than us, is he?

He needs to big up his own players for their next match.

However, the truth is that we were miles better than them today, until we took our foot completely off the gas

Turd polishing, straight out of Celtic's ' How to answer questions after another European Defeat'

Of course we did because we should have. If we didn't then we'd only have ourselves to blame for losing. However, we were 3-0 up at half time, we were never losing that game.

So the game wasn't done & dusted in the 1st 32 minutes then.

We can all be wise after the game.

In fairness, Levein has never been one to say anything different. He has never given credit to opposition after defeat :D

I've no real issues with the guy these days. Passionate guy who says and does what he wants. Seems to hate the scum which is fine with me.

Avril didn't realise that a goalkeeper who stops the ball from going into your goal was allowed in the Scottish game. However apart from that, I would hold onto a copy of the interview as a basis for the team talk before we play them next.

IF we hadn't made mistakes we'd have battered them. Two can play at that game.

They did have some excellent early chances but McGregor broke their Hearts. That's not luck that's why we pay him the big bucks!

Hearts were lucky Beaton was in charge of they'd have been when to eight men.

I'd have loved us playing Munich away again with Mols avoiding colliding with Oliver Kahn.

I think that would be a totally different outcome too ffs.

Get some rest Levein.

If Levein is trying to make a case that his team could or should have won this match, IMO he is either trying to pander to the jambos support ,or he is even more delusional than his Edinburgh counterpart treacle teeth . I don't even think he would be embarrassed enough to came out with those ridiculous comments , after the pummelling his team took in the first half .
Rangers took the foot off the gas, as is often the case when your so far in front end of story.
This we wish we could play Rangers in this game again is an absolute pathetic statement which we have come to expect from this idiot.
If only we or any team for that matter could play the games in which we have lost again !!!
IF, IF, IF ,
If your Aunty had balls !!!

Levein has his tongue firmly in his cheek....his team escaped lightly today.We went into second gear after the 3rd goal and he knows that.

Big Avril is as deluded as hertz fans are now, with comments like that. We pummeled them in the 1st half.

Its all sounbites for their supporters and their shell shocked players.
They were taken apart and without a hard game against Rapid during the week we would have taken 6 off them.
Must be a sobering thought for them and any hope's they had for this season in league or cup, now knowing if they come up against us their best wont be good enough.

Used to live in Edinburgh and I worked in a bookies on gorgie road. He would come in a lot to fuel his gambling addiction and I always thought that he looked in a terrible state, like he had been on the drink all night and had just been waiting for the bookies to open.

We were worthy winners yesterday, and it could have been 6-2 never mind 3-1.

We took the foot off the pedal and we never gave the impression we played most of the second half against 10 men.

What I will say with foresight, hertz will do the mhanks in the semi final at murrayfield.

I read the thread header and was about to come on and give you pelters.
I'll just give cyber pelters to Levein instead!
:)

How could you possibly mistake that the comment in the thread header could have been said by the OP or anyone connected with Rangers for that matter. Why would we want a different outcome?

Anne was sitting watching. She knows bugger all about football. Avril was just shmoozing her, trying to keep her moist. Not my fault etc., etc.

I could equally point to our defensive lapses that gave Hearts their two first half chances.

Our throw in straight to a Hearts player that led to Naeshame's chance.

Worral getting turned by John Coffey for his chance.

Hearts did'nae work for those chances either. Twat.

hes just trying to keep his squads confidence up, i saw the first half and a bit of the second, they were lucky it only stayed at 3.

Once the 3rd went in we dropped the pace. Completely understandable after the events of Thursday night.

30mins is all we needed though. I’d be more worried about that if I was him

It’ll be a tougher game at tynecastle to be fair.

I used to despise Levein, but his bitch slapping of the tims has warmed the heart to him a little

I would like the game at the Piggery this season again and while we are at it the Livi game as well.

That was our easiest game of the season, job done 1st half game over played 2nd half in first gear and even then could have added a few in all honesty it was 3 going on 6.

We would all like to go back and do things again and not feck it up, thats life, accept it Craig while you are doing a good job like most of the managers in the league you are nowhere near the quality of Gerrard.

He has to say stuff like this. Keeps face to the supporters and let’s them know confidence is high. He’s not exactly going to say “we got battered” is he?

Plus his no f**ks tour and winding up celtic - I don’t mind him!

If your granny had baws ffs.

If we'd not just played on Thursday, with that high tempo pressing game, you'd have been fucking annihilated.

“Once the offside wasn’t given”

That’s cause it wasn’t offside ya speccy mongo
Of course if you put his quote in context it reads entirely differently:

“With the first goal from the free-kick, we just got it wrong.

“We’ve worked that particular situation quite well in the past so you have to take it on the chin.

“One player didn’t come out.

“For me it’s a gift

“I think they came out so far that once the offside wasn’t given there was no chance to recover.

To be fair McGregor has a couple of tremendous saves to keep us at 1-0 and 3-1.

Not much wrong in what he says.

But we won the battle on the first 30 minutes...Rangers recent sides would have capitulated early doors to the brutality of that Hearts side.

I've never seen a more physical presence from Edinburgh for many a year

Back