“I need Helander back fit sharpish”

He is.
How far away is he though? Going to take him a few weeks to get up to speed also so I wouldn’t expect him to come in and solve all our problems.

Did he say that?

He’s not wrong of course and it’ll be Katic who he replaces, but in truth Goldson hasn’t been much better.

What’s up with Edmundson?

Is he a likely starter in Portugal now?

I think that is an extremely poor comment. He has played the same formation and just about the same team since the break and it has been stinking the place out. Katic has a poor one today but Gerrard has been poor for weeks. Obviously the last 30 mins on Thu is the outlier to this comment.

Still chucking his players under the bus to protect himself. Pathetic

You should have hooked Katic first half when he started passing out the park and it was clear his head was gone. Maybe that’s what he was reminiscing as he slouched down in his seat after their equaliser

I don’t think he’s protecting himself, I think the pressure is now majorly on regardless.

I agree regarding the substitution-as I mentioned in the other thread, aside from Katic’ poor performance, I struggle to see why Edmundson couldn’t have contributed in a match where our CBS weren’t put under a lot of pressure in possession.

So he’s managed to chuck Katic and Edmundson under the bus with that one

I’m actually sick and tired hearing this manager act like he takes the blame before throwing his players under the bus

Katic should have been off after 30mins today, nobody but the manager to blame for Katic still being on that pitch second half

Still chucking his players under the bus to protect himself. Pathetic

You should have hooked Katic first half when he started passing out the park and it was clear his head was gone. Maybe that’s what he was reminiscing as he slouched down in his seat after their equaliser
Your pathetic, you can’t wait fo Dom somegbing go wrong to get tore in

He is getting fucking desperate now.

If I was a scum fan (thank %^*& I am not) o would be laughing at this comment.

Puts a bit of pressure on Helander to come back 100% on his first game. But that being said; even a half for Helander would’ve been better than Katic today.

Gerrard hoped we could just see the game out at 2-1

Funny that, I reckoned that like the scum do, we should have finished that lot off.

Disgusted

Absolutely massive mistake. The subs we made gave St Johnstone a boost I feel, as we took our foot off the jugular.

Huge talk midweek about being positive and remaining positive. Why such negative subs with a one goal lead against lesser opposition.

Also, so much for him "protecting Katic" this season and last season.... everyone could see he was having an absolute nightmare today yet he never replaced him when he had a CB on the bench, and now hes basically throwing him under the bus for the game, pathetic comments to hear from your manager and i wouldnt be surprised if Katic never recovers from this...

Gerrard has no idea what defense to play, he still plays players who needed dropped weeks and weeks ago. Today's interview showed him up to be lost.

To be honest the overall quality of all of the CBs is not high enough. Nowhere near commanding enough in the air for Scottish football.

Back