“You’re just a white Morelos”

Odd that Madden hasn't booked him considering it was almost certainly him that got Morelos the caution against Motherwell? Well, I say odd....

At what stage does it go beyond incompetent levels of inconsistency and into cheating territory?

That shows Madden reffing Rangers to a different standard (cheating) clear as day

That is actually quite catchy, but the metrosexual presentation puts me off lol.

It also shows what lyrics you need to resort to when you've got nothing to sing about. The team's colours? Being the 'other' team in Glasgow? Pah! Give me politics, religious loyal orders, tribalism, flute bands and a wide, varied and interesting history of tradition and culture any day! :)

It's the kind of thing people listen to before going to Hillhead Book Club for a soy latte and quinoa salad.

Can anyone saying it is racist please explain why? Thanks
It's probably unintentional but you have to look at the thought process. By attaching colour to the McGowan insult he is showing that he is automatically thinking not only in terms that he thinks Alfie is a a dirty cheating bassa but the first thing he thinks of is that he is not white. Not saying he would ahout Morelos ya dirty black/brown bassa or anything but it shows how he differentiates him from McGowan.

If he said 19th Century Terrorist instead of white he would also be going to the sectarian side of it even though Alfie probably is Catholic. My own thoughts are that a lot of why people hate Alfie as much is still that he is foreign and a different colour. Some of that will be the natural go to of quite a few people and some it might just be unintended conditioning.

You can disagree if you want. It's just how I see it.

If someone said about a player youre just a black scott brown do you think that would be taken as racist?
Why even mention is colour?
i really dont think its racist mate. the geezer is white after all. when i had my dreads i was once called a white regi blinker. is that racist? of course its not as i am white. this is no different. i know times have changed but its not as if someones saying you dirty such an such. i would also add that i hate any form of racism. but i do think that anything said these days is classed as racist and its over the top sometimes.

i really dont think its racist mate. the geezer is white after all. when i had my dreads i was once called a white regi blinker. is that racist? of course its not as i am white. this is no different. i know times have changed but its not as if someones saying you dirty such an such. i would also add that i hate any form of racism. but i do think that anything said these days is classed as racist and its over the top sometimes.
Fair do's mate but i just dont see why he had to mention colour
Why not a Scottish Morelos?
Anyway id be more concerned that folk were comparing you with Regi Blinker...take you were shite at football as well...:))

Fair do's mate but i just dont see why he had to mention colour
Why not a Scottish Morelos?
Anyway id be more concerned that folk were comparing you with Regi Blinker...take you were shite at football as well...:))
worse than shite mate! and if someone had of said scottish that would have been deemed to be racist. yet scottish he is. same as hes white. as ive said, i just think its all over the top these days and as a society we should take a step back 20 years or so before everyone got offended by absoloutely anything.

It is not really the fact that Morelos was booked it is the fact that 9 out of 10 others who commit the same offence aren't even spoken to or at the most given a verbal warning. Rangers really need to ask the SFA about this as it is now becoming serial for Rangers players and seemingly nobody else.
The point that everyone is missing. Not complaining about the yellow, complaining about the fact that it happens every week unchallenged.

It's probably unintentional but you have to look at the thought process. By attaching colour to the McGowan insult he is showing that he is automatically thinking not only in terms that he thinks Alfie is a a dirty cheating bassa but the first thing he thinks of is that he is not white. Not saying he would ahout Morelos ya dirty black/brown bassa or anything but it shows how he differentiates him from McGowan.

If he said 19th Century Terrorist instead of white he would also be going to the sectarian side of it even though Alfie probably is Catholic. My own thoughts are that a lot of why people hate Alfie as much is still that he is foreign and a different colour. Some of that will be the natural go to of quite a few people and some it might just be unintended conditioning.

You can disagree if you want. It's just how I see it.
Edourde(sp) is foreign and a different colour and he doesn’t get it. Stop trying to make it about race. Maybe if the guy shouting was black, maybe.

Edourde(sp) is foreign and a different colour and he doesn’t get it. Stop trying to make it about race. Maybe if the guy shouting was black, maybe.
Just my view on this specific comparison. Most of the abuse and criticism is purely because he plays for Rangers. That doesn't mean none of it is Racist.

I think this guy was showing his automatic go to thoughts about Alfie and that he in part differentiates him by colour and a lot more people than you might think will be the same. Edouard, or most black players, will get it as well we have all seen it on tv at Hearts and hibs and the piggery. Don't say it too loud but theres been a few naughty insults been thrown from our stands too.

Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:
Back