15th can we gather outside the stadium ?

Carson’s chosen few

With just over a week to go , and add the fact we’ve been champions since March , what has the club in place to facilitate next Saturday , trophy day . To say don’t gather is naive and will obviously be ignored . Clearly there will be thousands gathering and to avoid altercations and to ensure safety I feel the club has to liaise with supporters with regards to plans . Can our SLO shed any light ???

The Yesser has a pro Indy march on Sat in Glasgow and no doubt in other big towns across Scotland

Coincidentally this was 6 days before the local elections

Never seen much coverage of that to see if was policed bro socially distanced or not

The Scot Govt will no doubt ask Rangers to request fans don’t turn up but if the double standards are not highlighted with the march on Saturday it’s pathetic

Tell the Scot Govt and Police to phuck off

With just over a week to go , and add the fact we’ve been champions since March , what has the club in place to facilitate next Saturday , trophy day . To say don’t gather is naive and will obviously be ignored . Clearly there will be thousands gathering and to avoid altercations and to ensure safety I feel the club has to liaise with supporters with regards to plans . Can our SLO shed any light ???
The club cannot be seen to encourage folk to gather though.

I suspect we will get messages from the club this week not to gather.
@StevenGe55ard is correct. Whatever we think, it really is that simple. I suspect we will see fencing and a big Police presence around Ibrox anyway.

With the amount of people there it would be great if the council/government would embrace it and open the stands for toilet facilities, distancing of course instead of moaning about it after the event. The stairways could be blocked off so the pitch could not be seen. Stewards could control how many people are allowed in/out. They could even open the kiosks to sell food, drinks etc to pay for the stewarding required to keep everything under control. In order for this to happen they set a dispersal time which needs to be adhered to. I can only dream I suppose !

The Yesser has a pro Indy march on Sat in Glasgow and no doubt in other big towns across Scotland

Never seen much coverage of that to see if was policed bro socially distanced or not

The Scot Govt will no doubt ask Rangers to request fans don’t turn up but if the double standards are not highlighted with the march on Saturday it’s pathetic

Nothing on here, mate, on any Yesser march in Glasgow. Is it legal. ?

Nothing on here, mate, on any Yesser march in Glasgow. Is it legal. ?

It was last Saturday

The proposed march was ditched for a static rally in George Square, there was also a Pro-Union one with it

The road outside the stadium is closed for another 3/4 weeks, construction works along it. Coincidence they’ve done it now? It’s a bastard for me getting to work anyway lol.

After all the fuss when we celebrated after winning the title, I didn’t see a sudden rise in COVID cases in Glasgow afterwords

The extent of the liaison will be to encourage us not to gather en masse. There's no way, I would imagine, the club will do anything other than that.

I can't see the club promoting that after the last time but I'm sure people will gather anyway.

Now a really smart government would understand this and quietly allow fans in the stadium socially distanced. Kind of what happened when SG arrived but with social distancing in place.

Naturally, I'm delusional and it will never happen.

Put us in Glasgow Green with stewards and temporary bars,job done.
This . George square could be carnage in terms of innocent celebrating bears being assaulted and or harassed by wrong doers and media , anything to make us look bad. Doing something proactive like Glasgow green is a good idea , which means it probably won’t happen or even be looked at.

Nobody will be getting anywhere near the immediate area of the ground. There will be road blocks and barriers without a doubt. Plus one side of Edmiston Drive is closed and likely the full part of it will be for the 15th. Then you have an actual construction site behind the Copland Stand.

Also I don’t really know why people want to stand outside the stadium not being able to see Tavernier lift the trophy? I’ve waited 10 years for this moment to come our way again. If you think I’d settle for watching this massive moment in our history from a mobile phone screen outside Ibrox because I can’t actually be inside there then you’d be mental.

Watching the game and celebrations/interviews etc in the house with family then possibly going into George Square with friends.

It's nowbeen proven that COVID spread outside is very very low, coupled with cases being very low, coupled with vulnerable now vaccinated. It's very low risk.

The last celebrations when case were higher made no impact to numbers

Be sensible, but no need to hiding away

Ibrox then George Square sounds like the shout but the police presence at stadiums have gotten more serious so god knows what the plan is

I'd be shocked if there isn't a huge crowd to welcome the team. They are going to struggle to stop that . All power to the bears as there is practically zero chance of infection outside. Proved by the hysterical reaction and no covid increase of the title win day .

Nobody will be getting anywhere near the immediate area of the ground. There will be road blocks and barriers without a doubt. Plus one side of Edmiston Drive is closed and likely the full part of it will be for the 15th. Then you have an actual construction site behind the Copland Stand.

Also I don’t really know why people want to stand outside the stadium not being able to see Tavernier lift the trophy? I’ve waited 10 years for this moment to come our way again. If you think I’d settle for watching this massive moment in our history from a mobile phone screen outside Ibrox because I can’t actually be inside there then you’d be mental.

Watching the game and celebrations/interviews etc in the house with family then possibly going into George Square with friends.
Ad like to welcome the players on arrival again at the stadium and then home to watch our team lift the trophy

I'd be shocked if there isn't a huge crowd to welcome the team. They are going to struggle to stop that . All power to the bears as there is practically zero chance of infection outside. Proved by the hysterical reaction and no covid increase of the title win day .
The team will be arriving in their cars throughout the morning.

What's the difference between letting people into the stadium and letting thousands of people mill about silverburn or braehead, many of whom don't bother to wear masks? The restrictions at this point are a fucking joke.

Back