15th can we gather outside the stadium ?

Can someone genuinely explain to me why they want to be outside the stadium when the trophy is lifted because I can’t quite understand it?

I get it makes you feel closer to the team but wanting to watch this on a mobile phone? Not for me.

Also if you think it’s going to be anything like the St Mirren game you are mental. The club and police will be putting up barriers this week without a doubt.
Trying o think of a valid reason myself, only thing I can think of is a glimpse of the boys IF they come to the gate again

seing it being reported it will.be ringed off with police and pubs with outside seating are being told to close

If anyone within GCC had a brain cell they would anticipate the large crowds gathering and setup a fan zone type affair like they have done in the past for travelling European fans. Glasgow Green would be perfect for thousands of Rangers fans to congregate in, setup outdoor bar and food stalls to give small and local businesses some £ and then have some stewards on location.

It'll also be outdoors so it significantly minimises any transmission of whatever the %^*& it is we're meant to be scared of these days.

But because they are so inept there is nowhere else for us to go except GS and they'll all complain about it for days after.

If anyone within GCC had a brain cell they would anticipate the large crowds gathering and setup a fan zone type affair like they have done in the past for travelling European fans. Glasgow Green would be perfect for thousands of Rangers fans to congregate in, setup outdoor bar and food stalls to give small and local businesses some £ and then have some stewards on location.

It'll also be outdoors so it significantly minimises any transmission of whatever the %^*& it is we're meant to be scared of these days.

But because they are so inept there is nowhere else for us to go except GS and they'll all complain about it for days after.
Far to much sense there. They should be promoting Glasgow green as it's bigger and safer but as you say they will just complain after. They know it's happening and they can't stop it so atleast try and work with it.

What’s with the animosity on this thread?? Folk having a go at Bears who are daring to suggest they will be celebrating trophy day next week!

People are entitled to celebrate, it’s been an awful period of time with lockdowns etc, not to mention the last 10 years on the park.

People are travelling from all over the UK to celebrate with like minded Bears, but some on here are more concerned about GCC and their alleged fences etc. Whatever is said, Bears will be congregating in their thousands to have a party day, and who could blame a single one!

If you want to sit in the house and celebrate in your way, that’s your decision, but it won’t stop the desire of everyone else who wants to be part of what could be a really special day.

Far to much sense there. They should be promoting Glasgow green as it's bigger and safer but as you say they will just complain after. They know it's happening and they can't stop it so atleast try and work with it.

That's it.

Not only would this be sensible but it takes away any sense of tension with regards to any police presence and would, in my opinion, possibly promote better behaviour if people know that they're not being frowned upon for having a good time.

Not that I saw much at the first George Square party.

At the end of the day what will happen is condemnation because if they are seen to be 'helping' the situation they will receive abuse from the Mhanks who, if we are honest, are their core vote in Glasgow and they won't want them upset.

That's it.

Not only would this be sensible but it takes away any sense of tension with regards to any police presence and would, in my opinion, possibly promote better behaviour if people know that they're not being frowned upon for having a good time.

Not that I saw much at the first George Square party.

At the end of the day what will happen is condemnation because if they are seen to be 'helping' the situation they will receive abuse from the Mhanks who, if we are honest, are their core vote in Glasgow and they won't want them upset.
And a lot among our own support vote for them as well

Surly Ibrox! let the players know we ve appreciated them slaying the manky mob in this momentous year, then when that’s been done only then will I head to geo square.

With just over a week to go , and add the fact we’ve been champions since March , what has the club in place to facilitate next Saturday , trophy day . To say don’t gather is naive and will obviously be ignored . Clearly there will be thousands gathering and to avoid altercations and to ensure safety I feel the club has to liaise with supporters with regards to plans . Can our SLO shed any light ???
Let's give you a wee heads up here.

There is a piece of spare land across from a certain social club on Duke St. A group of Rangers fans asked the council if it would be okay to use this piece of 'spare land' to decorate it up, bunting etc, just for the day?

What do you think the GCC said?

It's not what the club have in place. It is the obstacles the filth voted into power and in many cases voted in by our own will be placing before us.

However, should there have been talks on the QT about next Sunday between us, the council and their storm troopers, I don't want our club to keep schtum this time as to whatever plans were made.

Watch in the house then take my boy into the town to witness the scenes from one of the streets around the square at a social distance.

With just over a week to go , and add the fact we’ve been champions since March , what has the club in place to facilitate next Saturday , trophy day . To say don’t gather is naive and will obviously be ignored . Clearly there will be thousands gathering and to avoid altercations and to ensure safety I feel the club has to liaise with supporters with regards to plans . Can our SLO shed any light ???
I don't think the authorities can really do anything to prevent fans gathering around Ibrox or in George Square, given we can freely travel around Scotland now. All the police can do is ensure public order. Good luck to them in trying to enforce Covid Regs. Feck the lot of them, enjoy the party Bears !

Yeah I’ve saw this too . Let’s face it people talking for weeks about George sq and Ibrox gatherings , the cops will lift you for having a beer in the street , so they won’t allow us to go full pelt . All we’ve done is give them notice of our plans . It’ll be horses dogs the full riot squad . I’ve said all along the safest way is to open the gates . They way they know who is inside

No they won't.

When big crowds gather, police don't confront them. Their tactic will be to try and contain the crowd to the one area. As long as everyone behaves themselves, we'll be left to celebrate without much hassle.

When big crowds gather, police don't confront them. Their tactic will be to try and contain the crowd to the one area. As long as everyone behaves themselves, we'll be left to celebrate without much hassle.
Just like the last time at George square plod on the whole were absolutely spot on

Back