2 players to Hearts on loan?

Middleton has offers from Hull & Coventry , McPake & Shiels from youth have loan offers too (Ayr & Dunfermline)

Alnwick also from down south (unknown)

Haven’t heard anything about Hearts, doesn’t mean not true however - interesting if one of our players does go there
It was news to Levein

Last edited:
Some of us just don't think we should bend over for clubs who tried to kill us off. And I'm not buying this garbage that they might do the filth some damage. Is this how low we've sunk?

You’re just not letting this go are you?

It’s called playing the game, working smarter not harder. What is it you don’t understand?

Can you really not process this and see the benefit of it?

You really seem to be the sort of person that would begrudgingly be ok with Celtic lifting another trophy as long as maximum staunchness had been adhered to at all times.

You’re just not letting this go are you?

It’s called playing the game, working smarter not harder. What is it you don’t understand?

Can you really not process this and see the benefit of it?

You really seem to be the sort of person that would begrudgingly be ok with Celtic lifting another trophy as long as maximum staunchness had been adhered to at all times.
No, I won't let 2012 go. If that makes me super staunch then so fcuking be it. And as for your last point, you really don't have a clue.

If it’s not financially advantageous to us, then no. How about we go out and beat what’s in front of us to take the league, the notion of Rangers needing to fob players off in the hopes other teams can do us favours is a bit a bit tragic and as someone else alluded to, a strange and recent development.

If we’re good enough we’ll win the league. If Hearts want loan deals, then they should be expected to grovel and pay the wages.

Fair enough. We have different views mate on this but that’s healthy.
We both want what’s best for our club.
That’s what’s important.

I wouldn’t let young lads go on a Development Loan for the reasons I outlined in post #26. First sign of things going against the team involved and the Rangers loanee becomes the scapegoat, gets dropped or benched and we gain nothing from it.

Older, experienced players - maybe. It would only be one though - we can’t do two to the same club.

Although I agree with your reason, it is short sighted and damaging to us in the long term. For many a year now the filth has armed teams with decent players who do damage to us but cannot play against them. Time we did the same.

I think that there is a genuine concern that our players would be demonised at most other SPL clubs. It’s disgraceful but true. That is not great for the development of the sort of youths that we would want to send on loan. With Lafferty or Dorrans it wouldn’t matter so much as we are not trying to develop them. But I wouldn’t want McCrorie or Doc to be booed every time they made any error and half the time that their name is just read out. It’s tragic but sending them out of Scotland makes sense.

The players that we are trying to offload could definitely go to Scottish clubs. But they could not afford to pay enough to make it useful in offsetting the wages.

jambo in work beside who has been pretty spot on with info in the past, says today Levein is working hard to bring two Rangers players in on a season long loan but wouldn’t name names.
Anyone heard anything about this?
*dont shoot the messenger I’m only asking a question about what I’ve been told and have no idea if there is any mileage in it or not*
This is a ploy of the poets give them players to fuk them and can’t play against us

Win win

I wouldn’t let young lads go on a Development Loan for the reasons I outlined in post #26. First sign of things going against the team involved and the Rangers loanee becomes the scapegoat, gets dropped or benched and we gain nothing from it.

Older, experienced players - maybe. It would only be one though - we can’t do two to the same club.

You suggesting a Rangers loanee who possibly could be best player at the loan club becomes a scapegoat, get dropped and benched if it’s goes Pete tong with results
What a load of absolute drivel , fans may become abusive due to poor results, I’m not buying a manager taking that stance at any team especially if our player was in very good form

Helping out the other diddy clubs is not ideal after everything we have been through and the utter hatred they all have of us BUT we have to strengthen other teams with out fringe players so they can hopefully help take points off the thaigs which in turn stops them get 10iar.

To those saying know no chance, if you were given the choice of sending players on loan to stop them in their tracks surely that's something every bear would accept?
I agree with all you say but, I’d rather we stop nine in a row for them.

Dorrans and Lafferty have obviously been told they are no longer in the managers plans so the best outcome would be them signing a permanent deal with another club. If that isn't possible then the next best thing is a loan deal preferably with the other club paying the bulk of their wages if not all. Scottish clubs could only afford a tiny fraction of their wage.

Dorrans is on too much of a wage, Hearts would hardly put a dent in it!

Need to try and get him on loan to a club who will pay a good chunk of it but due to his last 2 years, he will be very difficult to move on. Another signing we will need to pay off by the sounds of it!

If one of the players is indeed Dorrans then this is a win win for rangers - he goes there, does really well rips up the league helps to take points of rivals - stevie g can recall him as he would still be our player if he felt he could play a role in the team in the future. Same with Rossiter at Fleetwood. Dorrans especially would instantly become hearts best player.

I’ve felt for a while that Celtic had a bit of an advantage in loaning their players to other spfl teams. Ryan Christie for example strengthened Aberdoom against us but weakened them against them. Makes sense for us to benefit in this way too if it’s allowed.

You suggesting a Rangers loanee who possibly could be best player at the loan club becomes a scapegoat, get dropped and benched if it’s goes Pete tong with results
What a load of absolute drivel , fans may become abusive due to poor results, I’m not buying a manager taking that stance at any team especially if our player was in very good form

By definition a young player on a Development Loan is going to be far from the best player at the club we loan him to, assuming we are talking a top flight club. Much as we like to laud our youngsters, and we certainly have several with great promise, the reason they are going on loan is because they still have a lot to learn. Drivel? I’m afraid not.

Last edited:
By definition a young player in a Development Loan is going to be far from the best player at the club we loan him to, assuming we are talking a top flight club. Much as we like to laud our youngsters, and we certainly have several with great promise, the reason they are going on loan is because they still have a lot to learn. Drivel? I’m afraid not.

We want them to develop at same time wrap them up in cotton wool , get them in about it to see what it’s all about

We’d still be paying 70% of the wages if Dorrans and Lafferty went to Hearts. That should be a deadline day deal if nothing better for us comes along.

Dorrans is on too much of a wage, Hearts would hardly put a dent in it!

Need to try and get him on loan to a club who will pay a good chunk of it but due to his last 2 years, he will be very difficult to move on. Another signing we will need to pay off by the sounds of it!

They managed to pay enough of Naismiths wage from Norwich and he wasn't on a small amount down there.

Not sure how id feel about this.

If it was a youngster who had a future at Rangers maybe so as it would be beneficial for us watching them grow into the league. Dorrans and Lafferty will probably never play for Rangers again if they go out on loan this window so we are only benefiting Hearts.

Saying that the board are far more professional than me and it would strengthen our hand when the next hearts youngster comes through.

We have to look after Rangers first and foremost. But we do have to start building relationships. We are second best at this and have to improve. We can't fight alone. Giving players out on loan is a smart way to build a relationship with the management of a club, supporter also see it. It was very clever of Celtic to loan back Ryan Christie to Aberdeen. I'd argue he got them 2nd place - played well against us and didn't play against them. It makes sense financially as well. We have to think and act smarter. The game being played is not only on the park. Let it happen, there is no downside.

If they want these players on loan then they should pay at least 70-80% of the wages plus a loan fee.

That mob played hardball with us over Jamie Walker losing money on him just to spite us.

Unless it’s financially beneficial to Rangers we shouldn’t lift a hand to help them out one bit.
This 100%

If we want to affect real change in Scottish football and change the rules / power structures in our favour, then we have to build alliances with other Scottish Premiership clubs. The SPFL works on alliances between clubs, it's a member-led organisation. Whoever has the biggest entente, wins.

Giving the fingers to everyone will only isolate us further and make it harder for Rangers.

Most folk are too fucking stupid and bitter to understand that though. Keep your enemies close and all that!

Most folk are too fucking stupid and bitter to understand that though. Keep your enemies close and all that!

Really? Is that comment really necessary? Some have given reasonable arguments about how younger players, in particular, could be damaged by going on Development Loans to Scottish clubs. You may not agree with those arguments but they are not so widely off the wall that they are invalid. In fact, I'd say they were entirely feasible. That's not 'stupidity' nor is it 'bitterness' - it's realism.

Older players is a completely different kettle of fish. We're done with them. We don't need them to develop we just want them out the door. They can go wherever they like as far as I'm concerned.

As I've said, happy to see older guys go on loan anywhere - but I wouldn't let the Scottish clubs anywhere near our youngsters. We have some potential jewels - let them develop firstly in the Scottish Championship and then start to make their mark away from the Scottish madhouse in League 1 or League 2 down South. It will do them far more good. Thankfully Gerrard seems to think that's the way to go for these guys as well.

On the wider point of building alliances I'd agree - but that doesn't have to be via spoon-feeding these clubs the cream of our youngsters.

Back