2 strikers needed in Jan ?

Probably need two.

We needed a genuine first choice striker anyway, that was before Danilo injury. I felt he wasn’t comfortable as a lone striker.

One permanent, one loan. Shouldn’t be too hard to identify one to score goals in the league, albeit we’ve continually made a meal of that last few years.

We need someone who will be hitting 20-25 a season

One Penalty box poacher type who just focuses on putting the ball in the back of the net and barely is seen doing anything in our own half. And Morelos :D

Financially I'm not sure we'll go for two hopefully though we get one who's an automatic starter and maybe one or two other areas of the team are addressed

Shankland I think will sign but probably will last all of January. Then we will target an EPL loan deal probably.

We should also be taking a look at Fulham's Academy. Some of the players coming out of there in recent years have been good. The lad Biereth at Motherwell. Elliott and Carvalho at Liverpool. Ryan Sessegnon at Spurs. Eze at Palace.

The scum even got O'Riley, and back in the day Patrick Roberts was a Fulham Academy graduate

EDIT - talking of strikers I forgot about Josh Maja

Last edited:
Don't know much about Moore but if he has a proven goalscoring record then i'd take him.
He's hardly playing for Bournemouth and has only played 6 games this season I believe, which is why he's looking to go out on loan.

In previous clubs he was OK, nothing world class obviously but for example 25 in 64 at Cardiff, 10 in 36 at Wigan, 21 in 51 at Barnsley,...

I don't know if he's good enough for what we might need but something tells me we won't be buying a lot of players in January. It might have to be loans.

Don't know much about Moore but if he has a proven goalscoring record then i'd take him.
Had a couple of good seasons in League 1/Championship level but hasn’t scored consistently for a while. Obviously playing (or not playing) at a higher level now though.

Heard Billy Sharp on a podcast the other day talking about being a free agent. Did quite well in America but presume he’s past it for our level now.

I cant see 2. We already have 2 in roofe and dessers (i know but they still cost wages) i reckon we sign one and hope for the best.

We need two brought in but I suspect only one will come in. Ideally it would be a main man up top and a loan with an option to buy striker, a younger type as the two options. Issue is we’ve got roofe there who is on big wages and dessers, signing two on top of them two might not be an option.

One of whoever comes in simply must have pace, something we severely lack through the middle

We 100% need at least 2, possibly 3 attackers all in. We have under 3 weeks to wait but some massive games to negotiate including the essential cup final and the pivotal piggery game.

I would say if we can get a player on loan from an Epl team,some younger player with potential that wont cost a lot,then look further a field for a permanent striker ,because players within the UK have inflated prices.

Our options up front are brutal especially with sima going away.
Board has to step up and the dof has to get shot of beales rubbish and replace them
No ****ing about

Could be too late by Jan imo.
Dessers or Roofe cannot be relied upon for diff reasons.
If we are to make it thru Dec still in touch, we need an OOC striker in now.

Back