2 strikers needed in Jan ?

Because we might not have money to spend after Beales squandering, and if Colak stays fit he would score 15 goals easy, and stated he never wanted to leave and already knows the club so wouldnt need bedding in.

What's you're suggestion?
I don’t think out nett spend was that heavy in the summer, we got some good money in for Kamara and Sakala, a bit for Colak although granted, we wasted most of what we did spend. There will still be money available.

We aint signing 2 strikers in Jan.

On the books we have Danilo, Dessers, Lammers, Sima and Lovelace - all who can play number 9.

I can't see the boatd sanctioning they wages.

Lucky if we sign one.

The chances of us signing two strikers in January are next to zero.

Even getting one in is a tall order.

We definitely won’t be signing two with Roofe, Dessers, Danilo, Lammers and Sima on the books.

We’ll have to sell first.

Its a shambles if we do not act to bring even a free agent immediately over the next few weeks to support the squad from the bench. 3 weeks milestone define our season and we are sitting back going to rely on king to play in midfield at some points.

Shankland probably be about 3 million that boy from Aberdeen be similar, I would say sign the pair of them if we can or at least one and maybe a loan and try and sell some dead wood, we are creating enough chances to win all our games just need someone to put them away, The investment, in my opinion, would be worth it as it comes with guaranteed champions league cash if we can win the league, Also celtic are going to have a tough Jan with their Asian players away. Time to capitalize. Hopefully, the new head scout has some diamonds in his locker

Shankland.

If between clement & nils koppen we can’t identify one from Holland or Belgium even on loan, then I despair.

Striker & CM are essential in Jan even if it’s loans.

We aint signing 2 strikers in Jan.

On the books we have Danilo, Dessers, Lammers, Sima and Lovelace - all who can play number 9.

I can't see the boatd sanctioning they wages.

Lucky if we sign one.
So Clement was talking pish last week when he said we will need to sign a striker and how do you know we won't try move some of those on?
Btw Sima is away for 6 weeks to afcon Lovelace and Danilo are fecked and I'd prefer to play mcrorie up front before lammers.

Kiss the league goodbye if you are right

Expectations are very low, the January transfer market is full of agents overselling and simply looking for another big payout. Clubs hold each other to ransom. I think I am battle scarred from previous errors from the recruitment team!

Santi Mina is a free agent formerly of Valencia and Celta Vigo, beyond that we need one who knows the league, any one of Shankland , Van veen or Miovski will do
Got to be on of the worst signing suggestions ever!

Let’s just say his availability isn’t great at the moment :D

Vincent Aboubakar Is one we should be looking at for a loan deal he's fell out with besiktas, he's a big powerful striker who's made for our league and has scored goals where ever he's been

Looking at Clement's record, per @stephen ferris, you have to think that we will be looking for a big powerful guy FN.

Just looked. He's Cameroon captain. Are they at ACON ?

The other issue is his salary. Seems to be on 60k euros a week ?

Last edited:
So Clement was talking pish last week when he said we will need to sign a striker and how do you know we won't try move some of those on?
Btw Sima is away for 6 weeks to afcon Lovelace and Danilo are fecked and I'd prefer to play mcrorie up front before lammers.

Kiss the league goodbye if you are right

Also, Roofe's expensive contract ends in 5/6 months. We need to accelerate his replacement.

Probably need two.

We needed a genuine first choice striker anyway, that was before Danilo injury. I felt he wasn’t comfortable as a lone striker.

One permanent, one loan. Shouldn’t be too hard to identify one to score goals in the league, albeit we’ve continually made a meal of that last few years.

We need someone who will be hitting 20-25 a season
Someone like Colak.
Beale’s a clown..

Looking at Clement's record, per @stephen ferris, you have to think that we will be looking for a big powerful guy FN.

Just looked. He's Cameroon captain. Are they at ACON ?

The other issue is his salary. Seems to be on 60k euros a week ?
The way clement talked about Nils Koppen in a early press conference. His words were.

“It’s somebody who is really into players, he has a lot of information. He is also someone who works data wise really good. We need to be really early, as lot of people looking at same pool

The confusion I have does that mean someone who is early in career in which a lot of people don’t yet know about. or does it mean we have to be in negotiations very quickly and get the deal done before the rest of market has time to react? I think getting the deals done early in window is his likely meaning. Clement did say Nils Koppen already had players in mind, let’s hope they can be like some of the psv recruitment.

The way clement talked about Nils Koppen in a early press conference. His words were.

“It’s somebody who is really into players, he has a lot of information. He is also someone who works data wise really good. We need to be really early, as lot of people looking at same pool

The confusion I have does that mean someone who is early in career in which a lot of people don’t yet know about. or does it mean we have to be in negotiations very quickly and get the deal done before the rest of market has time to react? I think getting the deals done early in window is his likely meaning. Clement did say Nils Koppen already had players in mind, let’s hope they can be like some of the psv recruitment.
I took it as early in the window before other teams can act. Can see it both ways though now you have said it.

Its a shambles if we do not act to bring even a free agent immediately over the next few weeks to support the squad from the bench. 3 weeks milestone define our season and we are sitting back going to rely on king to play in midfield at some points.
What free agents are available to be able to play right now. If they are free it means they won't have played since last season. They won't be ready or anywhere near match fit. Unless your meaning something else.

What free agents are available to be able to play right now. If they are free it means they won't have played since last season. They won't be ready or anywhere near match fit. Unless your meaning something else.
Some free agents have been training without a club. They should be able to come off the bench and last 10/ 15 minutes

PSV are getting it right. They brought an 18yo on last night, seemingly their best kid since Gakpo.

Last edited:
PSV are getting it right. They brought an 18yo on last night, seemingly their best kid since Gopka.
Was it Isaac Babadi? If so he is out of contract in summer and has been linked with Feyenoord. He was someone I suggested that Koppen would obviously know a lot of details on. Maybe out of our range, but if we were looking at players like Xavi Simons in previous years, why not this guy.

Was it Isaac Babadi? If so he is out of contract in summer and has been linked with Feyenoord. He was someone I suggested that Koppen would obviously know a lot of details on. Maybe out of our range, but if we were looking at players like Xavi Simons in previous years, why not this guy.

YES. He was pretty solid build wise Stephen. A much larger frame than wee Ross, for sure. 74th minute intro.

Last edited:
My guess is Shankland and then another on loan until the summer (similar to what we did with Kambari or Defoe under Gerrard). Who that second person will be I don't know, but I will be astounded now if Shankland is not in the door!

Wouldn't then be surprised to see Roofe leave to a new club at a nominal fee or a free in January too. Think he will want to make a fresh start at another club and put his injury nightmare behind him, and I imagine if he agrees a new club for the summer we would not be difficult to deal with to let him go.

Back