21s vs wrexham, Ibrox, Saturday

Wondering with such a low attendance why we were held back for a good 20-30 minutes before being allowed back to our coaches. Is this normal practice for a youth game attended by families?

Such a low attendance ? It was more than what Wrexham get for most of their home league games,5,000 at Ibrox yesterday and this was our youth team, how many do Wrexham get for their youth team matches.

There was also elements in your support who we'll simply refer to as Glasgow's unwashed soapdodgers trying to be besties with your own support, who thought it would be great to sing about the ira and the Ibrox disaster while encouraging some of your own support to join in.

Apart from that I hope you and your decent fans had a great day out and a safe journey home.

Such a low attendance ? It was more than what Wrexham get for most of their home league games,5,000 at Ibrox yesterday and this was our youth team, how many do Wrexham get for their youth team matches.

There was also elements in your support who we'll simply refer to as Glasgow's unwashed soapdodgers trying to be besties with your own support, who thought it would be great to sing about the ira and the Ibrox disaster while encouraging some of your own support to join in.

Apart from that I hope you and your decent fans had a great day out and a safe journey home.

Laughable. given Wrexham gave the mentally challengeds 100 tickets. Possibly more. Shambolic.

Wondering with such a low attendance why we were held back for a good 20-30 minutes before being allowed back to our coaches. Is this normal practice for a youth game attended by families?

Yeah it is when your supporters are teaming up with the scum supporters and trying to have it with kids. It is when your so called supporters are joining in singing about the IRA. We all know who bought the tickets and so will the club. You just don't get 60 tickets without being noticed. In saying that the decent ones amongst you were fine but if you lie with rhabid dugs expect fleas.

Tbh mate if the police weren’t there and you never got kept in it would have been mayhem.
There were shitloads of very pissed of Rangers fans outside.

No it’s because the Celtic Soccer Crew and Wrexham Frontline were there for the sole basis of causing trouble. We had families receiving verbal abuse from some of them while they queued to pay at the gate. Would’ve been absolutely chaos after it as the UB were there as well. Lots of angry Rangers fans after the game too.

Patterson was good before he went off injured.
Check him out at the end on the Willie Vass thread..
At Solihull he raced the length of the field toward the support at the end of the penalties... There is no doubt in my mind he will make it.
And I f*cking love it... There will be others from this side,undoubtedly; but this lad Patterson lives and breathes Rangers.

Well done Rangers youth and good luck in the semis. Thouroughly deserved the win and apart from a couple of chances in the first half and 15/20 minute spell in the second half we didn’t really get to grips with you. Disappointed to see our line up pre match. 6 lads under the age of 18 thrown in with probably the worst of our usual bench warmers. Some of them “experienced” players are on their way out and probably played their last game for us. Thank fook for that. Great stadium and a decent atmosphere considering the low attendance. Credit to the Union Bears, they never shut up all game apart from the spell we had on top. A full house must be electric.
Our starting line had an average age of just under 19/5 which included a 26yo

At Solihull he raced the length of the field toward the support at the end of the penalties... There is no doubt in my mind he will make it.
And I f*cking love it... There will be others from this side,undoubtedly; but this lad Patterson lives and breathes Rangers.

He certainly does mate, as do his dad and uncle.

If the Wrexham fan who posted is correct it was half team of youngsters and half of backup players they played. However we beat them convincingly. I'm hoping the colts get Partick next.

I knew it was pretty much a reserve team as was Solihull in the last round. Compared to Solihull I was a bit disappointed in Wrexham. With the inclusion of Edmundson, Flanagan and Mayo back Rangers were physically stronger than at Solihull.

Rangers have seven eligible players unavailable as they are out on loan

Zak Rudden (Plymouth), Glen Middleton (Hibs), Jordan Houston (Ayr Utd), Stephen Kelly (Ayr United), Cammy Palmer (Partick Thistle), Matthew Shiels (Dumbarton), Josh McPake (Dundee).

The McCrorie brothers are eligible too. I think players 20 and under at the beginning of the year are eligible.

I was in GF7 and would like to add that their importance to the team cannot be underestimated;or that of all of us for that matter.
There was a point early second half where a Bear in the UB section near the back took ill;and seemed for a few minutes to be in a bad way.
(He was later taken out by the paramedics,and sitting upright in a wheelchair;hope all is ok with him).
The UB gave reverence to the situation,and remained silent until the guy had had treatment......this period directly coincided with Wrexham gaining control of the game for a short time.
Graeme Murty also made reference to this part of the match in his interview afterwards.
(Sidenote,the otherwise quite even handed Wrexham commentator pointed out here that they`d created `chance after chance` during this period, without showing any)!
The moment the noise started up again,the team regained belief; and within minutes had added the second,and killer goal.
Excellent support was crucial for the young Bears yesterday;hopefully the numbers will be bettered for the semi final;surely it will be scheduled so as not to clash with the Livingston home game on February 15?
And heads up Bears,I know a lot of us make plans outwith Rangers on international break weekends......the final is scheduled for the break weekend of March 28/29.....leave that weekend free!
Tens of thousands descending on Hampden to see this team in a final would be incredible;let`s give them all the support we can to reach that goal.
WATP :cool:
And the young bear who took ill is fine mate, spoke to his dad last night.

The McCrorie brothers are eligible too. I think players 20 and under at the beginning of the year are eligible.

Players have to be 20 or under on 31st December this year. They were 21 in March so are too old.

Don't get confused by U21 at International level, the qualifiers in these tournaments span over a couple of years.

Maybe he will sign a new contract then.

If you allow your support to be associated with people who sing about the IRA at an U21 game full of families then you only have yourself to blame.

Edit to add after watching the video: if you are gonna sing %^*& the Union Jack at Ibrox then you're quite lucky to be kept in.

If the Wrexham fan who posted is correct it was half team of youngsters and half of backup players they played. However we beat them convincingly. I'm hoping the colts get Partick next.

I think this is the case with all the non-Scottish teams we've played to be honest. Ballymena, Solihull Moors and Wrexham all fielded a mix of fringe and youth players. I can only conclude that either they have no real interest in the tournament or they badly underestimated how good our youths would be.

Whichever, it has worked to our benefit and the lads have gained valuable and exciting experience. It is questionable whether any Scottish team would make the same mistake and I think the draw has been to our benefit in that context. I certainly don't expect any of the teams in the last 4 to do so. Whoever we draw will present a real challenge for the youngsters now.

I honestly think that unless they field a fringe side, like Wrexham, we will struggle against the likes of ICT and Partick. Hell, even Raith.

I used to work with a a total wanker - he was forced into our department as a graduate trainee (durham uni - but thought he was oxbridge) with the plummiest accent ever - said his father was from surrey & mother from north Wales
Came out with all sorts of 'celtic' alliance pish including united Ireland shite - he claimed - because of his mother's origins

Glad he didn't last 2 minutes
But it has made me wonder what indoctrination he was suffering from & what that part of the world had allegiances to ?

I used to work with a a total wanker - he was forced into our department as a graduate trainee (durham uni - but thought he was oxbridge) with the plummiest accent ever - said his father was from surrey & mother from north Wales
Came out with all sorts of 'celtic' alliance pish including united Ireland shite - he claimed - because of his mother's origins

But it has made me wonder what indoctrination he was suffering from & what that part of the world had allegiances to ?

You do know that Durham is a Russel Group Uni? Oxbridge and the other RG Uni's are very similar. Very hard to get in to Durham.

Regardless, guy sounds like a prick.

Guys a prick, no question.

I currently live in North Wales (Anglesey). Welsh is the first language for most and Plaid Cymru are fairly strong locally. The seat seems to flit between them and Labour.

I've lost count of the number of times a local has heard my Scottish accent and given it the 'all Celts together' pish. I'm still trying to find the appropriate Welsh swearword to respond with.

Guys a prick, no question.

I currently live in North Wales (Anglesey). Welsh is the first language for most and Plaid Cymru are fairly strong locally. The seat seems to flit between them and Labour.

I've lost count of the number of times a local has heard my Scottish accent and given it the 'all Celts together' pish. I'm still trying to find the appropriate Welsh swearword to respond with.

Llunt?

You do know that Durham is a Russel Group Uni? Oxbridge and the other RG Uni's are very similar. Very hard to get in to Durham.

Regardless, guy sounds like a prick.

I didn't know that about Durham - but like you say - guy was still a prick -
He mentioned oxbridge because he was planning a post grad or a masters at one of them - he was so far up his own arse it wasn't true

For all that he never once put in a shift - wouldn't know what hard work actually was - he's no doubt destined to become a ceo, top consultant or politician soon -

I think this is the case with all the non-Scottish teams we've played to be honest. Ballymena, Solihull Moors and Wrexham all fielded a mix of fringe and youth players. I can only conclude that either they have no real interest in the tournament or they badly underestimated how good our youths would be.

Whichever, it has worked to our benefit and the lads have gained valuable and exciting experience. It is questionable whether any Scottish team would make the same mistake and I think the draw has been to our benefit in that context. I certainly don't expect any of the teams in the last 4 to do so. Whoever we draw will present a real challenge for the youngsters now.
I think it's underestimating the youths, certainly sounded that way with Tim Flowers bitter post match interview from the Solihull game

The thread regarding police action was locked.

Informed tonight (3rd hand) that formal complaint has been made with Police Scotland by at least 1 of the families who have had children injured.

A large number of tickets were given to the families of players in all our youth setups.

Unacceptable what was allowed to be carried out in a stand choc full of young children on a family day out.

In the wider context this should be the sort of thing to be forced into the media to stop the treatment everything Rangers gets from Police Scotland.

@Greg Marshall @elfideldo

Back