3 teams from the same city

If we ever draw Besiktas, then Istanbul.
Pretty sure we've played Dukla Prague in the past, so with the sparta and slavia scum recently there's another.
London we'd likely need Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham in competition.
Madrid would be Getafe and Atletico?
Getafe is a city in the Madrid region.
It's not in the city of Madrid.

Rayo Vallecano.
Real
Atletico.

Good shout . I went to Prague for the Zizkov game I just thought they had moved the game to a bigger stadium I never knew they were from Prague
I was in Prague years ago and walked past the stadium. The gate was open and I wandered in. A groundsman spotted me and came over. i thought I was going to get a bollocking but he asked where I was from and when I said I was from Glasgow and a Gers fan he took me on a little mini tour of the ground!

AEK Athens
Panathinaikos
Olympiakos. I'm counting Pireus on a technicality.

Edit I'm a fanny. Not content with getting the geography wrong, it also turns out we haven't actually played Olympiakos. They must be one of the biggest names in Europe we've never played competitively.

is Lisbon a possibility? Benfica and Sporting plus another?

Who was the team we beat on penalties under McLeish? Vignal scored the deciding penalty from memory.
Maritimo is 1000 kilometres from Lisbon, off the coast of North Africa on the island of Madeira :))
(It was a good trip,despite the fact we were terrible and got beat 1-0.) :D

Must be more than two in either São Paulo and/or Rio. Can never get my head straight on the exact teams from there though.

The big 3 in São Paulo are:

Palmeiras
Corinthians
São Paulo

Rio has 4 big teams, historically:

Botafogo
Flamengo
Fluminense
Vasco da Gama

Maritimo is 1000 kilometres from Lisbon, off the coast of North Africa on the island of Madeira :))

I couldn’t remember their name. :))I knew Braga and Porto weren’t Lisbon based. Have we played any other teams from Lisbon?

Don’t want to hijack the thread but am I right in saying PSG are the only club of any real note in Paris?

AEK Athens
Panathinaikos
Olympiakos. I'm counting Pireus on a technicality.

Edit I'm a fanny. Not content with getting the geography wrong, it also turns out we haven't actually played Olympiakos. They must be one of the biggest names in Europe we've never played competitively.
Got to admit that I am also very surprised that we've never played Olympiakos before :oops:

Is it their stadium which is right at the top of the hill, you can get to it by cable car?

Don’t want to hijack the thread but am I right in saying PSG are the only club of any real note in Paris?
They are now. Racing Club de France used to be the big team though up until the 60s.
You also have Red Star FC who were a big name prior to PSG, founded by Jules Rimet in fact.

Back