4 clubs needed to down the SPFL vote.

Mcinnes talking as thought the sheep would consider veto too

If there is any chance of it being vetoed then the restructure proposal will be handed out to change hearts mind
Speaking with forked tongue, if you ask me.
I just cannot see Aberdeen voting against Celtic.
More so when it’s agreeing with Rangers.

Aberdeen and Kilmarnock, slight chance both could knock it back, then you have your smaller clubs who could only dream of getting a split pot. That might be a big dangling carrot for them.

How does it work, do all 4 different leagues need to vote for it with 75% in favour?

Aberdeen will vote with us as will Hearts and Hamilton

Might have missed something but why would Hamilton vote it down mate?

I think most clubs will go along with it to get immediate financial payouts. Us and Hearts being the exception of course, although Hearts are being dangled the carrot of league restructuring to try and appease them.

Speaking with forked tongue, if you ask me.
I just cannot see Aberdeen voting against Celtic.
More so when it’s agreeing with Rangers.
Based on their support that is , however the people running the club may take a more business like approach.

This is surely the play for Rangers to make, an equal split of prize money regardless of position.
If that's their bluff, I hope with our fantastic European run we can take the hit and call it...equal prize money from Clyde to Edinburgh City and even Dundee HIVs

The background shenanigans will be a master class in manipulation, and it will be to the benefit of one club. Nothings surer

The most likely place for it to fail is the Championship. They need 75% (8-2) in favour. Thistle will vote against for sure. Would any 2 of ICT, Dundee and Ayr vote against as they lose the chance of making the top league through play-offs? I think they might. Subject to no approval being given for league reconstruction prior to the vote. A promise of talks won’t cut it.

Hibs won’t want Hearts down . So if Aberdeen vote with us Hibs and Hearts will also which kyboshes any relegation

Yes but individually.

75% in our league.

75% in the championship.

And 75% in league 1 and 2 combined.

3 seperate votes

So if more than a quarter of the teams in the bottom leagues vote against it's defeated, even if the top league is 11-1 for?

The most likely place for it to fail is the Championship. They need 75% (8-2) in favour. Thistle will vote against for sure. Would any 2 of ICT, Dundee and Ayr vote against as they lose the chance of making the top league through play-offs? I think they might. Subject to no approval being given for league reconstruction prior to the vote. A promise of talks won’t cut it.

So if it’s fails at the championship it’s a non starter for the spfl?

It depends how desperate those 3 sides are for a quick income stream via distributed prize money. The SPFL have got financially strapped clubs over a barrel with this vote.

Of course these clubs would stand to earn more long term if they were to win promotion via the play-offs but who knows if or when that will happen given how things look just now.

Thistle is also a tricky one. They might get dangled the carrot of league restructuring to avoid the drop, and who knows what their current financial situation is like.

The authorities have went out their way to cover most bases with this to try and get it voted through.

I’d expect livi and Hibs with outside chances of European football to vote against Celtic...I mean the SPFL proposal, plus St J and Killie with chances of making the top 6 to vote against

It depends how desperate those 3 sides are for a quick income stream via distributed prize money. The SPFL have got financially strapped clubs over a barrel with this vote.

Of course these clubs would stand to earn more long term if they were to win promotion via the play-offs but who knows if or when that will happen given how things look just now.

Thistle is also a tricky one. They might get dangled the carrot of league restructuring to avoid the drop, and who knows what their current financial situation is like.

The authorities have went out their way to cover most bases with this to try and get it voted through.

Most of that will be taken care of by voting for Rangers Resolution to distribute the money before terminating the league. Give them all their cash, hold off on the vote about terminating the league and take the time to have a proper discussion about whether reconstruction is feasible/desirable. Then make a call on the league.

The indicator will be if the SPFL cancel this weeks votes and, instead, puts the Rangers Resolution to Members. Or will they deny the vote on Rangers Resolution on some obscure point of order?

Last edited:
If we can't get into Europe next year i would imagine Motherwell won't be to keen

So if the Championship votes against and the other leagues vote for. What happens?

No.

They are individual league votes. The only vote that concerns us is the Premiership vote

I‘m not sure that is correct mate. My understanding is that it is an Ordinary Resolution and requires to be voted on by all 42 clubs - and passed by EACH of the three voting bodies (Premier, Championship and League 1/2).

EDIT: Just seen your later post and we appear in agreement I think.

Back