60 min man wins YPOTY

R283f0b4494d76a0d8168468c5559911f

Embarrassing. Was always going to happen. They have been utter shite and they still have to have someone from that scumbag mob getting recognition.

Doesn’t seem to have been a stand out young player this year.

Hagi was probably best but not sure whether he qualifies.

Patterson outstanding but not enough games.

Ali McCann maybe?
Hagi's lack of nomination was nothing to do with nationality:

Petrov, McGeady, James McCarthy, Jason Denayer and Ryan Kent have all won it.

Hagi's lack of nomination was nothing to do with nationality:

Petrov, McGeady, James McCarthy, Jason Denayer and Ryan Kent have all won it.
I think perhaps he wasn’t in the team as much when voting was cast. These awards seem to have a bit of form bias especially with how early the votes are cast.

I am happy with the Turnbull hype: all I hear is they will rebuild their team around him but at his age he cannot last more than an hour in most games and looks bang average against us. I can’t see his career going anywhere and if he is the best they have then that is great news. (even with such fee games I cannot see how any young player in Scotland was more impressive that Nathan P last season)

Didn’t Forrest or Griffiths win these when they were like 23 or 24?
In fact Forrest will probably win it again next year!

Didn’t Forrest or Griffiths win these when they were like 23 or 24?
In fact Forrest will probably win it again next year!
The criteria for YPOTY is often being 23 when the season starts, this specific award is 21 or under when the season starts.

The fact there are several awards with different criteria is confusing, but understandable as it means they are shared between more players.

I'd say he just about deserves it.

Without him they'd be in a far worse position. One of their few bright sparks this season.

It's been a pretty poor year for young players overall. If Hagi was eligible he should have definitely got it, but not sure what the script is there.

I still don’t get it mate :))
SS Jack said Doug should have been player of the year....
Then Gerz1872 said “He’s a wee terrier”
As in “Dug”(Doug)
Then SS Jack started saying “I don’t care about religion” thinking he meant t@rrier..
It’s just all went way off cos you guys missed the first joke! :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

As in “Dug”(Doug)
Then SS Jack started saying “I don’t care about religion” thinking he meant t@rrier..
It’s just all went way off cos you guys missed the first joke! :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Fucking hell

Woosh right enough :))

As in “Dug”(Doug)
Then someone else said he’s a Hearts fan!:)):)):))

That lad can't last beyond 60 odd minutes, weird choice.
The only thing here is that it was the players who voted for him.
That did surprise me.
I’d have expected something ridiculous like this from the writers but not players.

I was sure I’d read this last week.
One poster has replied that it’s the writers award that is Scottish players only.
I’ll stand corrected.
Aplolgies.
Yeah that’s correct.

Don’t worry about it mate, I can appreciate it is a tad confusing when there is 1690 awards all with different criteria.

Does anyone know how the four nominees are chosen?

Are they the four players who have received the most votes or does PFA Scotland choose four players?

I've had a look at the PFA Scotland site and it says anyone under the age of 21 on the first day of the season qualifies. Laughable if Hagi does qualify and he hasn't even made the top four.

The Young Player of the Year category is voted for across all leagues so any player under 21 years of age on the first day of the season is eligible.

Smacks of desperation to award something to celtc. Pathetic really, and as everyone knows, including Them, totally undeserved.

Back