7 in 22

crazy that stat is so poor considering mcinnes and calderwood were there for a few years you would think they would be desperate to get one over them

For anyone hoping that the sheep could take points of them tonight please note
They have beaten that mob 7 times in the last 22 years in all competitions and that has included a 7-0 and 9-0 defeats
They are appalling against them and tonight will be no different with an easy win for that mob
They drew 2 at home last season.

Draws are dropped points too.

I know many on here struggled with that concept last season.

They dropped more points to draws last season.

Aberdeen are shiter than normal this season.

However always hold out hope that lot will fail to win especially away from home no matter whether it's Aberdeen or East Stirling.

Doesnt matter what others may or may not do against them. We go about our business the way we did v Hearts until end of season then we win the league. Its that simple.
It does matter mate. If they keep going about their business the way they have been they will win the league... The other team dropping points is vital.

I don't expect Aberdeen to take anything from the Sheep, tbh. However, it is undeniable that there is no jumping into two-footed lunges as there is against us. They stand off Celtc and allow them to play.

I agree with the OP. There is very little chance of them dropping points to the sheep. We will have to beat them in the remaining OF matches which we are more than capable of doing.

I approach every one of their fixtures the same way. Expect the 3 points for celtic and anything else is a bonus.

Helps me massively from getting pissed off when I just check the result after the games finished.

Tonight will be different with the crowd reacting.

Both us and them to win is what I predict

Scott Brown's Aberdeen are putting in Zero effort tonight. Absolutely none at all.
He personally will put in the same level of performance as was his standard last year.

But without the elbow smashes and reckless lunges obviously.

Aberdeen are likely to be joint third bottom after tonight.

If so Glass should be sacked.

This season I have seen Charlie Mulgrew and Jonny Hayes giving 100% and more for their clubs against us, playing like their lives depended on it. I watched them against Celtic running away from the ball and conceding corners and set pieces for nothing. Infact Hayes blootered the ball straight off McGregor for celtics winner at Parkhead for some bizarre reason.

Echo comments above. Also thought the goal where Hayes cannoned it off McGregor was a tad suspect. The sheep are 3 points off 10th place, so surely they will put a bit of effort in ... or is that too much to expect?

We need to keep concentrating on our matches and win our next 4 league games as they will probably take 12 pts. We then have the Sheep at Ibrox on Sat 5/3, when we get 3pts we will be top and they have to go to Livvie next day with maximum pressure against them.

WED 09/2 [H] HIVS @ 19:45 & Saville FC [a] SHEEP
SUN 20/2 [A] D. UTD @ 12:00 & Saville FC [h] DUNDEE @ 15:00
SUN 27/2 [H] M'WELL @ 15:00 & Saville FC [a] HIVS @ 12:00
WED 2/3 [A] ST JHN @ 19:45 & Saville FC [h] ST MIDDEN

We will then have 8 games left to play with 2 of them vs them.

Don’t worry I’m sure Scott brown will kick elbow and dive his way through the game giving his absolute all against Celtic

If we are using your statistic that’s one Aberdeen victory every 3.4 years. Last Aberdeen victory was May 2018, just over 3.4 years ago! Get yer mortgage on the sheep they are due it!

If someone was holding a gun to my head and i had to one winner in Games between

Real Madrid vs St Ants

Bayern Munchen vs partick thistle women (u/12s)

Or

Aberdeen vs Celtic

Id pick Celtic

Aberdeen FC continually cheat their fans in this fixture

Bodies flying into challenges, players trying to get opponents sent off, you will see f.uck all of that tonight.

We concentrate on winning our games we win the league.

They have beaten that mob 7 times in the last 22 years in all competitions and that has included a 7-0 and 9-0 defeats
They are appalling against them and tonight will be no different with an easy win for that mob
So what your saying is they are due a win

one of the sheeps victories was when celtic threw a match, obviously nobody anywhere in scotland raised that dubious scoreline.
That was to stop us finishing 2nd. The Tim's will stoop to any length to %^*& us over. It was the same in 06/07 when they let Hearts beat them 3-1 at Tynecastle, a result which ultimately cost us 2nd.

in a twisted way that gives me optimism… like they’re kinda due taking points off them. but no doubt that baldy bigot they call a captain has other ideas so i’m not exactly holding my breath

That was to stop us finishing 2nd. The Tim's will stoop to any length to %^*& us over. It was the same in 06/07 when they let Hearts beat them 3-1 at Tynecastle, a result which ultimately cost us 2nd.
The biggest problem Rangers had then was the huge winless run in October November I think. I'm sure Celtic enjoyed having a bit of control at the end of that season in our destiny but ultimately our awful form earlier was too much to recover from.

Winning vs Hivs is huge tonight - because the next 2 games are not in the league - need a feel good to last us over the next 10 days.

Glass is under pressure, they cant afford to lie dow , but theyre shit, the best we can hope for is a point i think. Hopefully we can get a few goals up early tonight and put a bit of pressure on
Games against them or us will not determine Glass's future.

How many draws in there ?

Why do so many “bears” go out of their way to tell us that their is no chance that Celtic will ever drop points and how fucking great they are?

%^*& them
Because our resident loonies know for a fact that Real Madrid would lie down in fear against them.

The yahoos once went something like 50 years without winning a New Years Day match at Ibrox in the old first division. I suppose they too just lay down for Rangers.

The fear this mob put into many of our fans is palpable. Some are desperate for them to score last minute winners so they can say "told ya".

Surely The Mong and Rumplestiltskin will be throwing themselves to the ground, chucking elbows and shoulder charging everything in sight.

That's what they do is it not these great competitors?

Ats it bring everyone’s mood down

Excitement gone now I normally wait till they go 1-0 up before giving up hope but thanks for that I’ll just give up now

The only time that we knew that they would beat the scum was when a win would rob Rangers of a place in the E.C. play offs. Thousands of us made a tidy wee profit off the bookies as we just knew that the scum wouldn't try too hard against them so as to deprive Rangers of some much needed cash. So much for "Sporting integrity"

W.A.T.P.

Because our resident loonies know for a fact that Real Madrid would lie down in fear against them.

The yahoos once went something like 50 years without winning a New Years Day match at Ibrox in the old first division. I suppose they too just lay down for Rangers.

The fear this mob put into many of our fans is palpable. Some are desperate for them to score last minute winners so they can say "told ya".

26 years between victories at Ibrox for Aberdeen, My stepson was 24 before they recorded an away win v Us :))

Their wins against them are that rare that I think I can actually remember all 7 wins. I can remember 8 actually so that stat doesnt look accurate.

From memory:

2001/02 - Think they won 1-0 up there with Darren Mackie scoring

2004/05 - They won 3-1 at Parkhead which ended Celtic's long unbeaten run at home in the league.

2008/09 - Zander Diamond scoring the winner in a 4-2 or 4-3 win.

2009/10 - A similar game to the one the season previousIy, I think it maybe have been a 3-2 win.

2015/16 - Two home wins, both 2-1.

2017/18 - Last game of the season, Celtic threw it so Aberdeen could finish second which ultimately backfired as they drew Burnley in Europe and went out. Burnley at that time may have caused us issues that early into the Gerrard reign.

They also knocked them out of the Scottish Cup in 2013/14 after a replay so that would be 8.

I think the 01/02 win for Aberdeen was the last time they kept a clean sheet up there against the Tramps, they really are a tinpot club.

I don't expect Aberdeen to take anything from the Sheep, tbh. However, it is undeniable that there is no jumping into two-footed lunges as there is against us. They stand off Celtc and allow them to play.

And if they do, they’ll be carded instantly as Collum tries to avoid another Ryan Jack incident.

Against us, Aberdeen are repeatedly allowed to foul with little consequence.

On the general point, there’s a reason Kidderminster can nearly beat West Ham, for example. Players’ attitude and application can differ game to game based upon opponents.

There’s no doubt (in my mind) that Aberdeen ‘raise’ their game against us compared to Celtic. It’s not necessarily deliberate but it’s there aided by a crowd that places more importance on one game.

Funny how one of them mere 7-times included a game at Parkhead that they had to win, to finish above us in second place.

Amazing coincidence that.
Most of us knew that they would in that game for the obvious reason that iot would cost Rangers money. Many of us had a bet that day for an almost certain win!

W.A.T.P.

I posted elsewhere that the sheep will do their usual against them, i.e nowt, their record as you said is so shit, I expect tims ti hammer them as usual

Back