A better win than we will get credit for

Galstonian Oranje

Official Ticketer
Make no mistake, Willem II are a very good team. Not that you'll see that being reported anywhere in this country

The scoreline makes it look like a walk in the park but it was anything but. Special saves at crucial times from McGregor gave us the platform, along with Ryan Kent being on a different level from anyone else on the park.

How refreshing it was to play against a team who were not interested in kicking us off the park.
I reckon they would easily be in the top 3 in Scotland.

Well done Rangers, very clinical and a classic Euro away performance.

Everyone in the Scottish mhedia was telling us it would be a step up. A real tough European tie away from home. No doubt the tune will have changed now. Was the same last year against what turned out to be the eventual Danish champions. The headlines will be " rangers scrape through by 4 against Dutch minnows "

K T during the 1st half commentaty kept saying they were very comfortable on the ball. And I kept saying to myself of course Kevin cause their bloody Dutch.

We were shaky at the start but we do deserve praise for that regardless of opposition to go over to Holland and score 4, I don’t believe they’re a very good team tho an average team I’d say and that’s not taking anything away from our result as it was superb

I was concerned all day today. We were not even at it first half and we have come away to a decent European team and won 4-0. If anyone dent think that's impressive they can bolt.

First time they had finished in top 5 this century and that was by default really. Good win all the same.

Looking at what Popcorn Teeth is claiming as “dominant” with a last minute winner in Latvia, how would he and his media bootlickers look at a 4-0 win away to an Eredivisie team?

Make no mistake, Willem II are a very good team. Not that you'll see that being reported anywhere in this country

The scoreline makes it look like a walk in the park but it was anything but. Special saves at crucial times from McGregor gave us the platform, along with Ryan Kent being on a different level from anyone else on the park.

How refreshing it was to play against a team who were not interested in kicking us off the park.
I reckon they would easily be in the top 3 in Scotland.

Well done Rangers, very clinical and a classic Euro away performance.
Totally agree - they were a very capable side. First 20 mins I was thinking this is going to be really tight. Even at 2-0 they were still very much in the tie.
Better footballing side than Aberdeen or Hibs.

A classic result. Really some going, being away in Holland and winning by 4 goals very convincingly will not get as many headlines as the mentally challengeds who scraped by, ans even then that will probably be lauded as a great result

We did lord it over them eventually but that team were more than capable of doing us some damage.
I said in another thread that I thought they were actually a better team than Hibs but decent honest refereeing made all the difference.
I had just come on to post more or less the exact same thing.

If that’d been a Scottish ref, we’d have not got the pemalty and their “goal” would have stood, and McGregor would have been booked for protesting.

First 20 mins or so thought I have underestimated this team, they look useful and I will take any result.
But they were shit at the back, zonal marking which was shockin and it's always good to play against a keeper that's liable to throw one in back of net.
If we had a Hateley or Prso they're keeper would have cried.

We played very well tonight. That was an excellent European performance.

Kent is showing this season that he is worth every penny that we spent on him.

They're a slightly above average team but would easily finish third in our league.

Winning 4 nil away in Holland is an excellent result.

Question for the record knowers, has any Scottish team won in Europe by four goals or more?

Their defence was all over the place

After a poor first 20 minutes, once we scored the penalty we seemed to settle whilst they ended up all over the place

We had some good fortune too with their guy hitting the bar from McGregors spill.

Thoroughly deserved comfortable win in the end

Kent, Kamara, Davis and Tav were superb especially.

Back