A Liverpool legend now he's blue

As i say mate I like it but I just think it would be better and more catchy if it did rhyme though admittedly I can't think of a perfect line off the top of my head, and the last line sounds better with 4 words imo

What about

A Liverpool Legend now he's blue, Gerrard, Gerrard

He loves the bears like me and you, Gerrard, Gerrard

We brought him here for 55

What a time to be alive

Steven Gerrard, Gaffer at Ibrox Park

Better or worse ? :))
Decent effort but still prefer the one posted

Reactions: WBD
I want a night somewhere in Glasgow like the Liverpool fans all have with Jamie Webster belting out the songs with a pint in my hand. It’s an ideal way to get songs up and running
i am surprised the mentally challengeds haven't done this yet, to be honest,imsure its only a matter of time though

Steven Gerrard, The Rangers Manager

doesn't quite sound right idk why, I think the last part is supposed to be 4 words not 3, e.g Carlos Cuellar, the Rangers centre half or Fernando Torres, the Liverpool number nine

The song and your two examples have the same number of syllables in the last line.

Reliable told his is the NI spelling ;)
I worked with a die hard bear in the lodge etc and he called his first born aidan...I constantly ripped the pish about it but he swore it was the proddy spelling to which my reply was always there's no proddy spelling of aidan mate, fair annoyed the fuk out of him

I've sung my own Gerrard song in the house so often this season that I sometimes forget no one else knows or sings except me and the weans. It feels like a song we all sing to me. :))

I've nearly sung it at the match a couple of times, before realising no-one else would automatically join in. :))

Sometimes it has extra words, but the gist of it is just singing Stevie Gee on repeat to the tune of let it be.
That would be brilliant.

It’s maybe not “shite” but on reflection I tend to agree about “55” being in anything we do until after we’ve done it.
Whilst I realise where you are coming from. We did bring him here for 55. The song is not saying he will win 55, but that is why he is here, to win us the league, which happens to be number 55.

Whilst I realise where you are coming from. We did bring him here for 55. The song is not saying he will win 55, but that is why he is here, to win us the league, which happens to be number 55.
The song we had for Warburton certainly caught on and the finishing line of that song was When we get promoted we're going for 55.

This is mine. I’ve been singing it to myself all season.

Tell all the tims you know
It’ll never be 10 in a row.
You thought it was heaven
When you won 7
But now it’s the Stevie G show.

The song we had for Warburton certainly caught on and the finishing line of that song was When we get promoted we're going for 55.
I don't disagree with your sentiment. I personally would not have written those lyrics, but it's not something that would put me off the song.

Its about time we got more catchy songs and the likes of Aidan putting in some effort so fair play, but I must be in a minority here in that I don`t particularly think this is that great. Catchy number but the words just don`t do it for me.

And no I couldn`t do better !

Not the worst but the repetition of ‘Steven Gerrard’ before ‘Rangers mangager’ is a bit pointless.
Would certainly confuse folk as I think it deviates from the original tune? Certainly does from the Cuellar version anyway.

I've sung my own Gerrard song in the house so often this season that I sometimes forget no one else knows or sings except me and the weans. It feels like a song we all sing to me. :))

I've nearly sung it at the match a couple of times, before realising no-one else would automatically join in. :))

Sometimes it has extra words, but the gist of it is just singing Stevie Gee on repeat to the tune of let it be.
Love it.

I want a night somewhere in Glasgow like the Liverpool fans all have with Jamie Webster belting out the songs with a pint in my hand. It’s an ideal way to get songs up and running

This could be done @Empire considering Celtic fans rent The Barrowlands out nearly every month for something new regarding Celtic songs/Southern Irish folk music.

Could Rangers fans not rent out a theatre/large club/open bar for something like this. I for one would certainly go.

Morale booster for a lot of fans to keep them hyped until the end of the season.

As i say mate I like it but I just think it would be better and more catchy if it did rhyme though admittedly I can't think of a perfect line off the top of my head, and the last line sounds better with 4 words imo

What about

A Liverpool Legend now he's blue, Gerrard, Gerrard

He loves the bears like me and you, Gerrard, Gerrard

What a time to be alive

Steven Gerrard, Gaffer at Ibrox Park

Better or worse ? :))

Listen, if bears decide to adopt the one in the OP fair enough and I will certainly give it my backing if we do :)

He used to wear the number eight
Now we've got a Rangers great

Last edited:
What was the song we rolled out when Neil McCann signed?

He’s blue, he’s white, he’s a Tim, but he’s alright, Neil McCann, Neil McCann

Something like that....

Maybe adapt for the gaffer.

He’s a scouse, He’s a red, but now he loves the Teds, Steve Gerrard, Steve Gerrard....
...or...
He was a red, that’s true, but now loves Royal Blue, Steve Gerrard, Steve Gerrard

Last edited:
I like the lyrics as written, the rhyme between "side" and "five" is perfectly acceptable. I agree that we only need one repetition of " Steven Gerrard " ,then a rousing finish of "Rangers Mana-ger". Come on UB this could really work.

Just get it sung, never mind about the subtleties of the lyrics. It's like the Jermaine Defoe lyrics, they are nonsensical but belted out, the bears love it

His name is Steven Gerrard
A scouser through and through,
He came up here to Ibrox
To show what he could do.

He led us into europe
A place where we belong,
And now we're after 55
So sing this famous song.

Let's go Stevie
Let's go son,
Let's go Stevie
Let's have another one.

Keeping in with the trying to improve it theme

Gary macallister by his side

Sounds better in my head than Gary mac

Just get it sung, never mind about the subtleties of the lyrics. It's like the Jermaine Defoe lyrics, they are nonsensical but belted out, the bears love it
Exactly. We'very faffed around too much on a managers song. This one hits the spot. Get it sung. Christ, i sing it, but the Defoe one is horrendous - but this SG one merits an airing to get it going.

Keeping in with the trying to improve it theme

Gary macallister by his side

Sounds better in my head than Gary mac
That could work but it's easier with Gary Mac especially if it's sung at a faster speed than the version recorded.

Sadly this won’t be sung at any games if the union bears arent on board singing it.
No surrender,4 lads had a dream,FF are just a few songs that are just about scrapped by the speed merchants

Sadly this won’t be sung at any games if the union bears arent on board singing it.

No surrender,4 lads had a dream,FF are just a few songs that are just about scrapped by the speed merchants.
Fair play to UB they can sing songs at a better tempo, I suppose the drum helps

I don’t think they do. It’s a football song. It doesn’t need to be anywhere near perfect. Just catchy and easy to sing
This is where it gets so flecking frustrating. I mentioned the Defoe song, imagine that being discussed on here!!!!! Just sing the fecker and less of the critique!!!! Fleck me, someone criticising the guys voice!!!:eek::eek::rolleyes:

Not a fan of the brought him here for 55, with Gary Mac by his side line.

Other than that, it's not too bad but cant see it catching on with the UB.

Back