A message from The captain

For me these videos are as much to do with Rangers being able to say that they did everything they could if there's any bother. The biggest gifuy the fans could give those desperate for bother is to go out, enjoy themselves and come home with the plaudits from the Seville people ringing in their ears. If we can win the fan award on top of the cup the tims will crying themselves to sleep every night for months

Even more condescending than Souness.

I understand the need and reason for the messages, but they could be a bit more positive in their messaging. 'Let's go and have a great time, remember you're ambassadors for the club so do us proud'. Rather than behave.
I think you have to think about two things.

One - the type of person that acts the ned on away trips

Two - the language needed to address that type of person

For me these videos are as much to do with Rangers being able to say that they did everything they could if there's any bother. The biggest gifuy the fans could give those desperate for bother is to go out, enjoy themselves and come home with the plaudits from the Seville people ringing in their ears. If we can win the fan award on top of the cup the tims will crying themselves to sleep every night for months
That how I see it too, rangers have told the fans to behave with a few messages, if that falls on deaf ears, then that’s the fans fault

No idea, could be loads for all i know - i only follow Rangers. Have you audited the social media of every European team? I doubt you have any more of an idea than i do, so stop spouting ill informed rubbish.

And also, we're in the unique position of taking over 100k supporters to a foreign city for a Match. This isn't Man City turning up and failing to even sell out their allocation, so its hardly surprising that we need to be on top of this.

You carry on being embarrassed mate, hopefully this is the worst thing to happen all week.
Fair enough mate. If you're happy with the club painting the support in the picture they are then crack on

That useless goon Sutton now ripping the piss with his own "please behave" video.

Robertson and Co more than happy to have us painted as thugs and animals by the press in this country, now they're adding to it themselves. Fucking clueless idiots.

That useless goon Sutton now ripping the piss with his own "please behave" video.

Robertson and Co more than happy to have us painted as thugs and animals by the press in this country, now they're adding to it themselves. Fucking clueless idiots.
Sutton should have made his video last Friday in time for their rabbles vile sectarian thuggery on Saturday

The problem we have is, the kind of twats that will cause bother, will cause it regardless of messages put out by the club or former players. These people are mouth breathing neanderthals. They're not Rangers fans. They're fannies whose goal in life is to be the biggest fanny in the room. Thankfully they are a minority, but they come out in force in these occasions unfortunately.

All messages like this do is grate at supporters that don't need to be told.

Total overkill by the club here and as you said another own goal by the club deciphering us as can’t be trusted animals.

Total overkill by the club here and as you said another own goal by the club deciphering us as can’t be trusted animals.
The thing is there's no doubt we've got some fans that need to be told to behave themselves, but like Devil's Advocate has just posted - they're not the ones paying attention to this condescending crap. It just furthers the gap between board and fans.

Even more condescending than Souness.

I understand the need and reason for the messages, but they could be a bit more positive in their messaging. 'Let's go and have a great time, remember you're ambassadors for the club so do us proud'. Rather than behave.
That’s a good point mate and a better way of wording it. Would come across much more positive.

Nah not for me Richard, not this time. Intentions are good but you’re being fed a line here. There will have been more disorder in the Tron on Saturday than there will be on Wednesday, there will also be more disorder with a random select 50k Brits abroad in Spain to Benidorm this summer than there ever will be in Seville

This sort of thing annoys me, if folk travelling don’t know how to behave themselves before Gough or Souness mention it then they won’t know after it!!

It’s simple, go out, have a few beers, have a singsong and treat people as you expect to be treated yourself!!

Oh and drink plenty of water…..
It annoys you so much you’ve just repeated the Effin message

Back