A message from The captain

Even more condescending than Souness.

I understand the need and reason for the messages, but they could be a bit more positive in their messaging. 'Let's go and have a great time, remember you're ambassadors for the club so do us proud'. Rather than behave.

I get the sentiment and I totally agree but all this does is shine the spotlight further on us.

That said if there is any widespread trouble in Seville It will be a complete embarrassment. It’s time to self police and make sure our win is the only thing people are talking about on Thursday and not a euro ban for next season as that’s what will happen nothing surer

This sort of thing annoys me, if folk travelling don’t know how to behave themselves before Gough or Souness mention it then they won’t know after it!!

It’s simple, go out, have a few beers, have a singsong and treat people as you expect to be treated yourself!!

Oh and drink plenty of water…..

It seems patronising, but it has the potential to be worse for disorder than Manchester or George Square so the club will have to be seen as trying to do something.

Manchester that was instigated by aggressive policing attacking fans, and as a 15 year old sober without a touch of alchohol in the middle of it I can clearly remember who was at fault that day.
The good old Spanish police like throwing a baton or two for no reason.

To be fair its nothing new

I met John Greig for the the first time in person in Bruges in 1993 and the only thing he said to me was "behave yourself"

Thought at the time it was out of order and no change in the message has ever occurred

Even the Charlatan the day after Manchester blamed us for not being able to sell the club

I get the sentiment and I totally agree but all this does is shine the spotlight further on us.

That said if there is any widespread trouble in Seville It will be a complete embarrassment. It’s time to self police and make sure our win is the only thing people are talking about on Thursday
If there is trouble at the game this evidences that the club have done all they can to prevent it.

The problem won’t be the real Rangers fans, it will be the neds along for the occasion that don’t care less about the damage done to the club

The club are quite rightly doing all they can to try and get folk to behave. For PR reasons alone its a good move. It shouldnt even need to be said and if folk could go on a trip without thinking they are extras in football factory, that would be ideal.

For what its worth, I dont foresee trouble this time the way manchester was. Harder and more expensive to get to, fans divided up between the game, fan zone and other stadium, no English football yobs to join in.

I think it will be a party in the sun. Especially once the trophy is secured. Anyone who starts fights etc after that is an absolute disgrace.

Once is fine, twice is just patronising. Wonder who we will get tomorrow with the patronising message. And no it doesn’t need said everyday.

Again the board just creating problems for themselves with the fans in the run up to our biggest game in years.

Manchester that was instigated by aggressive policing attacking fans, and as a 15 year old sober without a touch of alchohol in the middle of it I can clearly remember who was at fault that day.

Not for me, that just lit the fuse.

It was sizzling all day, seen it with my own eyes. Folk who had never even been to Ibrox made that trip, so hoping Seville is a step too far.

The club don’t really have any choice but to send out stuff like this.

I suppose in the event of something happening they can’t be criticised for not being proactive like they were with our title celebrations.

Doubt it will have any effect on drunken arseholes being exactly that but I’m confident there will be plenty self policing to squash much of that.

I'm on the fence with this. The decent people in our support know how to behave and will behave. Like all clubs, we have some fannies in our support who will be fannies no matter what.

I think this stems from the George Square carry on where Rangers were accused of not doing enough or even encouraging it. Arse covering I think.

Not for me, that just lit the fuse.

It was sizzling all day, seen it with my own eyes. Folk who had never even been to Ibrox made that trip, so hoping Seville is a step too far.
I got the train from Blackpool in the morning and you could tell there were people there who had never been to a Rangers game before. Just down for a bevvy and all the rest of it.

Can't see it being the same in Seville.

If there is trouble at the game this evidences that the club have down all they can to prevent it.

The problem won’t be the real Rangers fans, it will be the neds along for the occasion that don’t care less about the damage done to the club

Totally agree but I wouldn’t put it past uefa is there is widespread problems. Can you imagine how disgusted we would all be if we couldn’t go to game next season in the champions league due to the bangers in our support.

All decent fans need to make sure we are self policing on Wednesday. It won’t happen but put the mobiles away as we only shoot ourselves in the foot with people sending incriminating videos

These videos won’t cause anyone to act like a dick.

But they might stop a few from doing so.

In releasing the videos the club gets the message across and also shows that they are being proactive and not reactive.
It absolutely will not stop anyone.

You think some mwi bam goes to hook someone and thinks wait, what did Gough say in that wee patronising video?

Back