A travesty if Bufalo doesn't win POTY

savus

At this stage there is no doubt in my mind Alfredo should get it hands down.

In reality the question is will he even get a mention?

(Or am I being paranoid?)

He won't get it.

Agreed, and to be honest I doubt it will bother him one iota.

He'll keep doing what he does best, eventually leave for big money & forge a very good career for himself.

And while he'll always have fond memories of Rangers and how the club and supporters took him to their hearts, he'll not give a second thought to the bitter wee arseholes in this strange wee country.

Cosgrove at Aberdeen been decent, nae neck started season well but drifted off, macgregor in midfield for them been decent but Alfredo been the stand out by miles

The media will go into overdrive hyping up Forrest or Mcgregor to make sure they get it.

It should be Morelos though, not even close.

He absolutely will not be allowed to receive that amount of plaudits.

As someone else alluded to on here, they'll go into media overdrive pushing the likes of Christie, McGregor or some other clubs mediocrity to ensure that Morelos doesn't receive what he deserves.

That is not paranoia. It's not bordering fact.

I'm sorry but it's not even a contest. It's so blatantly Morelos that itd be a complete joke to offer it to anyone else. Is anyone else even close? Forrest? Not from what I've seen.

There is not even the slightest chance Morelos will get it.

It will be no neck for his cracking run for 3 or 4 weeks or McGregor for his versatility.

They will use Morelos lack of goals vs them and more so his temperament as justifying the decision.

There is only one clear winner though and it's our lethal Colombian.

They will justify it with his discipline but everyone knows Morelos won't get it.

He is honestly is head and shoulders above anyone in the league.

If it is no neck or that wee gimp Christie just tells you everything you need to know about who selects this.

There is only one true winner and not a chance in hell he gets it.
Remember for a guy that’s scored or assisted over 40 goals this season and we’re not at the end of Feb ( incl penalties and incorrectly chalked off goals) he’s not won the player of the month once.

This country is an utter joke.

Reactions: LD5
They will give us the "he's a hot head" excuse which translates to "we vilified him for 24 months to the point where he can sneeze and get booked therefore the funny foreigner that plays for the wrong team in Scotland can never win it".

Down south Luis Suarez won it in spite of being a racist cannibal. I would bet that Morelos won’t get near it, even though his sole crime is being wrongly sent off twice, and refusing to roll over for Celtic and let Scott Brown be the only physical player in the game, and of course, playing for Rangers.

History shows us that by and large, these awards are meaningless trinkets designed to keep the filth happy. Gary Caldwell anyone? Ricksen had to share his with Goldmember. It’s a farce of an award. In truth, Morelos should be so far in front right now that to the rest, he is merely a dot on the horizon.

Should be Morelos all day long. The only Tim player who has been consistent all season is McGregor, the humph back oddity had a good fortnight in November done nothing since. Other clubs don’t have a single player between them worth considering.

He will win it easily or we will be a bigger laughing stock than we already are. Who are the current alternatives? Forrest and Christie from the beggars? Both have had good seasons but neither is the player Alfie is.

Will never happen.

The agenda was set when it was the season Ricksen and Hartson had to share it. The excuse given was "well, we can't overlook the league's top goalscorer"

Yet the season before when Boyd was the League's top scorer, he didn't win it. :rolleyes:

That particular honour lost all credibility years ago, He should win it but I won't be surprised in the least if he doesn't, I won't lose any sleep over it either and neither will he.

I said on another thread earlier no way due to the agenda, wot a player we have he keeps getting better and better

Mate sent me this earlier.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/alfredo-morelos-el-bufalo.445250/

People outside of this backwater are starting to take note now. On one hand we’ll be in a better position to ask for more money the more he’s lauded. On the other hand, I’ll probably greet when he leaves because he’s my favourite player and it’ll be shite to see such a gem go without ever having won a championship medal with us.
Of course a puddle drinker is on there with a full review saying he misses way too many chances, I can't remember Alfie missing too many sitters this season to be honest and doubt it really matters if he is sitting with 37 goal contributions in what 40 games?

Domestically he has 23 goals in 26 games and is top scorer in the SPL.
It'll be a disgrace if he doesn't get it.

Of course a puddle drinker is on there with a full review saying he misses way too many chances, I can't remember Alfie missing too many sitters this season to be honest and doubt it really matters if he is sitting with 37 goal contributions in what 40 games?

Must admit I hadn’t actually read all the comments but that’s hardly surprising, particularly on a United forum. Posting a load of misses from last season before he started pissing the SPL, is a bit desperate.

Reactions: LD5
Is there another candidate? Morelos is, by a county mile head and shoulders above anyone in this league

They will probably chuck him a nomination but no way will he be allowed to win it.

Anyone with a brain looking in to Scottish hoofball would see quite easily he is the best player in this league.

As the 2034/35 season draws to a close our chief journalist at 4-4-2 catches up with Alfredo Morelos in his Tuscan villa. After he recently announced he is due to retire ,we asked him about his career and if he had any regrets

"You know, I have scored the winner in the FA Cup and helped Liverpool win their first EPL title in years. I have also had the great honour of Captaining the Colombian team when we won the Copa America. I have been the top scorer in 4 different countries, but the thing that really haunts me to this day is that I never achieved the accolade of 'Player of the year' in that tinpot, backwater SPL back in 2019.
Oh, and also not properly stamping down on McKenna's baws!"

Back