A wee request for the union bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mentally challengeds in Bishopton?

When did that start?
I’ve noticed a sizeable influx, they tried to tie a Celtic 9iar banner at a round about. It was removed five minutes later :) .I’m on a bishopton/ dargavel Facebook page and for some odd reason have seen a few Celtic posts on it. I would still say it’s about 35/35/30 between rangers, St Mirren and them.

I’ve noticed a sizeable influx, they tried to tie a Celtic 9iar banner at a round about. It was removed five minutes later. I’m on a bishopton/ dargavel Facebook page and for some odd reason have seen a few Celtic posts on it. I would still say it’s about 35/35/30 between Rangers, St Mirren and them.

In bishopton? No chance. They have a small minority. The pub at the last 2 OF games confirmed that, and there's only a handful get picked up at both pubs for their bus.

Its a new village. Largest housing development in europe. 5k houses or something like that. Built on the old ROF site.
Was exploring the old ROF site the other day, my mate then told me they were getting knocked down for development. Was quite annoyed, shouldn’t be allowed to tamper with history.

In bishopton? No chance. They have a small minority. The pub at the last 2 OF games confirmed that, and there's only a handful get picked up at both pubs for their bus.
I’m just going off people I know from school or played football with from bishopton in making that estimate. If you live there then whatever you estimate will be more accurate. I actually know very few rangers fans my age from the village but know it’s traditionally a rangers town. Majority of the folk from bishopton in my year were St Mirren fans.

EDIT: it actually seems a very diverse wee village as I know Hearts, Motherwell and Morton fans living there also.

The graffiti thing is nothing new, it’s just moved on from someone painting RFC or some republican pish. I know a lot of the UB personally and tbh my only criticism is the stickers all over BF1. Our stadium shouldn’t be a sticker magnet from our own.

Firstly. Appreciate all you do inside Ibrox. But for goodness sake, can you stick the graffiti can’t somewhere you can’t reach them.

I’m not sure what it’s like in other towns, but there are more and more ‘UB’ initials appearing all over erskine. Major road signs, sides of people’s houses etc.

it’s rediculous and totally unwarranted.

the wee stickers were tolerable as they washed off but messing up a town with ‘UB’s all over the place is stupid and isn’t needed.

bigger problems, just kids, wasn’t us, etc etc. I know.

please give it a rest and if you have a bit of sense, can you go wash off the mess you made?
It’s like graffiti wars all along theM77 from Pollok to Kinning park on the motorway stansions

Minted houses, where one of our players with the initials JJ stays :) . Made up from the land between the old ROF all the way down, think it’s actually bigger than bishopton now.

Probably not quite as big as the old village yet. JJ must be in at the Stewart Milne’s given his wages.

The Dargavel FB page is comedy gold. Today’s furore is over horse shit

I complained to my local council about this graffiti, after 1800 years they've still no removed it.

Probably not quite as big as the old village yet. JJ must be in at the Stewart Milne’s given his wages.

The Dargavel FB page is comedy gold. Today’s furore is over horse shit
It’s one of the first streets coming in from the ingilston sides on the right. Aye I’ve been on it for years now and genuinely can’t believe the stuff on it. The EBI page has been lacking patter recently so it’s a good back up!.

There’s a wee building that sits in a field just off the Kilwinning bypass.
It changes from UB to UC from week to week, sometimes less than that. The side of building is around 10 x 8 feet and the whole wall gets decorated, it’s actually quite amusing to watch.
On Sunday morning it had HAPPY 12th emblazoned across it :D

Done the first one years ago whilst heading down ICI, carried on from there

UB, GB same thing, different colours.

That’s a pretty big difference tbf.

Personally seeing a train get graffitied makes me cringe. Businesses and properties should not be getting graffitied.

In general though, we have people lambasting these “young neds”....is graffiti a new thing then? Pretty sure I can remember seeing Graffiti decades ago.

It’s one of the first streets coming in from the ingilston sides on the right. Aye I’ve been on it for years now and genuinely can’t believe the stuff on it. The EBI page has been lacking patter recently so it’s a good back up!.
Think that's the bellway houses on the right. Nice houses though.

the dargavel page is hilarious at times.

The stick and blame the UB’s get at times is unreal. Can’t help but feel there’s a slight agenda against them at times amongst the older generation of our support. Almost as if they can’t do right from wrong and anything they do will be criticised.

@Papasmurf - appreciate you were involved in some way in getting more of our fans in the Broomloan for games v Celtic but maybe best to stop thinking you are our version of Bob Geldof?

Still 0 pictures of the "common" occurrence of them spraypainting houses and private property, wonder why..

Have no doubt some wee guy has copied them and scribbled on a wall somewhere but It's pretty easy to differentiate between the stuff done by the boys who are into it and wee weans copying.

The graffiti scene has been and will be about long before and after the UB/GB in their current form, get over it.

Keep it up UB.

Stickers, including the UBS, were all over the toilets in the Gallant Pioneer Blackpool, It was a mess, now that the pub, including new toilets, has had a refurb, baws will be booted if there’s a repeat of the mess. :cool:

I’ve seen some fantastic big artistic pieces.
I’m sure there are. I’ve only seen pointless vandalism.
The stick and blame the UB’s get at times is unreal. Can’t help but feel there’s a slight agenda against them at times amongst the older generation of our support. Almost as if they can’t do right from wrong and anything they do will be criticised.

@Papasmurf - appreciate you were involved in some way in getting more of our fans in the Broomloan for games v Celtic but maybe best to stop thinking you are our version of Bob Geldof?

Not getting your point.

I’ve got a lot of respect for the UB’s as I’ve said many times. But they do make mistakes.

If they stand up the way they do, they should be open to criticism

going round the place scrawling ‘UB’ is one of them. It’s got nothing to do with age. I’m sure most sensible folk don’t want people spraying graffiti all over the place. Even worse when it’s just a scrawl which requires no talent at all.

Amazed that some people think it's acceptable to spray paint private property.

It's vandalism, plain and simple.

Hiding behind "ultras culture" and "its covering GB stuff" is pathetic.

I like the atmosphere they bring to Ibrox, but wish they'd bin some of the juvenile nonsense and baggage that comes with it.

I took pelters because I thought the graffiti art inside the stadium wasnt for me

On sides of houses if that's the case is bang out of order

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a piece of graffiti on the sides of folks houses apart from over the water in Northern Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back