Aaron Ramsey - Next Season

Coza

Anyone else starting to think signing him longer term might be on the horizon? Certainly the more we bed him in slowly the more it looks like we have one eye on the post split games and one eye on next season.

At the beginning I assumed wage demands would rule us out of a longer term deal but also the player would want to move back down south and was just using us to get fit for Wales. Since he signed I just have this nagging feeling that he wants to be a big fish in a small pond and win trophies. Based on nothing other than the odd interview clip here and there I have this feeling he isn’t motivated by money now and is after a different challenge.

Anyone else getting that feeling too?

Anyone else starting to think signing him longer term might be on the horizon? Certainly the more we bed him in slowly the more it looks like we have one eye on the post split games and one eye on next season.

At the beginning I assumed wage demands would rule us out of a longer term deal but also the player would want to move back down south and was just using us to get fit for Wales. Since he signed I just have this nagging feeling that he wants to be a big fish in a small pond and win trophies. Based on nothing other than the odd interview clip here and there I have this feeling he isn’t motivated by money now and is after a different challenge.

Anyone else getting that feeling too?
Hees on wages we can't afford there is no chance hees signing for us n the long term

he's on crazy money at juve is he not, I'm surprised we got him tbh, rumors that juve are payng his full wage, which I find hard to believe. if he comes to us he'll no get even a 10% of his wage there, if the reports of his 400 grand a week contract is true

I think we would need a lot of planets to align for this to happen. In no particular order,

1) win the league
2) CL football next season (which comes from point 1)
3) Juve are willing to pay him off or pay his wages again for a full season
4) A top 8 EPL side doesn't come in for him
5) He enjoys his football here
6) Family commitments. Are they still in Turin or are they with him in Glasgow? Maybe they've moved back to London or Cardiff and he commutes up and down. Would he be willing to do all that travel for another year?
7) His pedigree is impeccable but he has to show it in a Rangers jersey to earn it a longer deal.

If you'd asked me a few years ago if we would have Jermain Defoe here for 3 years, I would have thought you were daft so you never know.

At the risk of sounding like a 13 year old bird hes posted a lot online about the move, Ibrox etc already. Its obviously very early days but he seems to be enjoying it
I think any player would enjoy being at Rangers as a whole, whether that’s Ramsey or Ronaldo, if you take out the money issue. It’s a massive club when you look at it with neutral eyes. Obviously money is a huge factor though, and that’s why I can’t see him making it permanent.

What an amazing thing it would be if he did though. I’m hoping to catch him in action at Tynecastle after the split.

No chance.

Hes here because it's his best bet of guaranteed football before the World Cup.

At the end of the season he'll have offers from down south willing to pay him double or treble what we can offer.

If he got back to full fitness he could probably get a £100k per week contract at a mid table EPL club.

That said he hasn't actually won that many honours in his career, he has won 3 FA cups and 1 Serie A and Coppa Italia with Juventus.

Perhaps he would stay for here for £40k per week and the chance to actually win some honours rather than win nothing at a mid table EPL club.

If he does what he wants to do, get fits, play well and be ready for the World Cup, then there is no chance he looks to stay with us.
That’s what we want him to do as well so it’s in everybody’s interest that he has a good 10 games or whatever if is he’s going to play an important part in.

Don't think wages will be an issue as he has made his money. If he recaptures his form I could see him staying longer term.
Footballers generally don’t think that way though. Even the best of the best who are on the very highest wages still try and squeeze every penny out of every club.

I think I can I can see even though JD was good few years older hoping Ramsey gets the same love for the club and it’s trophies not cash the priority every chance

I’m hoping it’s a Defoe situation, falls in love with us, loves to play in front of us, and has a desire to win shiny things over making some extra ££.
My opinion, his bank balance is big enough and he should be signing a 3 year deal at £100 a week B-D

A guess, Juventus want him off their wage bill, if all go’s well and we want him we will pay out the last year of his deal, the fee would go to him, meaning Juventus aren’t out of pocket and he would then fit into our wage structure.

I’m laughing at folk on here and on social media acting surprised at the fact that even though we were told over and over that he would take a couple of weeks to get up to speed they’re still managing to act surprised and are making something we were told into an issue :)

I'll same the same thing I did when I heard we were signing him. There not a chance in hell!

TBH - he’s clearly been an unbelievable player but as it stands right now until I see a bit more from him I’ll reserve judgement on wanting him to stay or not

It had crossed my mind if there was a longer term option. Probably just wishful thinking.
Maybe bringing him in and spending a month to get a player of his quality fit simply had to be done for the run in.

His wage was always ridiculous and nobody will ever give him that again.

However, I never thought we’d see Defoe here for the wages he’d command. But we had him, so you never know.

He's here to get fit for Wales and probably showcase himself to a higher end english side who can pay him many times what we can. There's no way he's planning on staying here. Hopefully we also get some benefit from this deal too.

I genuinely don't think wages would be an issue.

His contract is running out at Juve, and he is playing in the SPFL.

Think he'll be able to command £400k a week? His value to the rest of the world has gone down being in this league, reality of it all.

Regardless if he's at the biggest fish in that really small pond, he can't go from here and command those kind of wages.

He'll want to keep the wages Juve are giving him so he will likely be available on loan next season. I doubt he's going to take a massive pay cut in England. English teams can play a bigger percentage of his wage but if he likes it here he may demand that.

None of it really makes any sense to me.
He’s genuinely one of the best midfielders in Britain.
He can and will demand a huge wage.
I’m delighted to have him for those last 12 league games.
Just imagining a fully fit Jack, Davis and Ramsey lining up in our midfield together and realising we have potentially the best midfielders from 3 of the home nations playing together all at once for us.

High wage or not, Juve will demand and will get and 8 figure sum as a transfer fee that we can't match. Non starter

Back