Aberdeen\Hibs to Get other CL Place?

Aye and the tim fans celebrating when the sheep scored.

I aint lowering myself to that level.

Win every game.
100%

Do what's best for us.. putting people in the shop window, giving boys minutes, bringing through youth, resting players like Goldson and Tav, but whatever team we put out, we should be doing our best to win. As should everyone else.

Aberdeen are shitebags. If McInnes ever did have a chance to get 2nd over Celtic by beating us, it wouldn't matter if we put out our under 16s, the bottling cnt would still find a way to make an arse of it to please Celtic.

People saying we should always want to win every game. I can see what you are saying but its illogical to me, its like saying a general would never sacrifice ground in the short term if he thought it could help them win the war.

Would you rethink your position, if you were offered this hypothetically...lose one game, when the leagues in the bag, and theres no unbeaten record to play for...in order to make celtic be fined £35million?

They did it vs Aberdeen few easons ago let them win at the piggery which put us in 3rd..

fck them over I say !

Still think the yahoos will probably just about sneak 2nd place which probably says more about how bad the rest of Scottish football is right now.

If we have an opportunity to "assist" them to come in second and deny c*ltc the CL place should we get involved?
Seem to recall they lost to Hertz to make sure we came third a few years ago and also lost to Aberdeen for something similar.
Celtic lay down to Hearts to lose at Tynecastle. The scum even cheered Hearts goals.

It'll never come down to it, and I'd still prefer us to win as many games as possible. Don't care about the other teams.

Morally, I'm against it. And I'd hate to see hibs or aberdeen dancing around Ibrox on the last day of the season. I'd also argue that the year celtic did it to us with aberdeen, it actually helped us - the longer run of qualifiers probably warmed us up to eventually qualify, and we pinched a seeded place.

However, from a financial perspective, it would make sense. Celtic would be almost guaranteed a group stage EL spot by finishing 2nd this season (@rangeral is that right? If they win the R2 CL qualifier against a likely weak side, they're guaranteed at least an EL group spot).

If we have an opportunity to "assist" them to come in second and deny c*ltc the CL place should we get involved?
Seem to recall they lost to Hertz to make sure we came third a few years ago and also lost to Aberdeen for something similar.
Yes yes yes. Never ever shall we treat them lightly. They are a poisonous snake that needs taken care of at all times.

There's a difference between not wanting Rangers to lose and Gers players being motivated enough to win. If memory serves me correctly, I was at Rugby Park back in the mid-nineties whern we played Killie and lost 1-0. We had beaten them in the Scottish cup semi-final - took us two games to do it. They were fighting against relegation and defeat would likely have put them down as I think they had a tough final game away. We were reigning champions, had a cup final coming up and possibly were not as motivated as a team battling against the drop.

The O.T could still get his wish - sometimes results go your way when the other side have no real incentive to get a result.

I'm genuinely worried what's become of our support.

Absolute inferiority complex oozing out of this shite.

I’d be happy to see fringe players and youth showcase what they have, for the remainder of the season once the league is won. More value in doing so for us over anything else.

Whoever finishes 2nd will get knocked out the qualifiers anyway so it doesn’t really matter. Funny if it happened to them, put the new manager under immediate pressure.

Hivs and the sheep are serial shitebags when it comes to them.
Hivs could of destroyed them last week if they actually bothered.
Embarrassing.

There is only one CL spot up for grabs this season I think not unless someone can correct me .

Still a long way to go and have I’ve been burnt before however if we’ve won the league and still have to play Hibs & Aberdeen I would be more than happy for Gerrard to experiment with the starting line up. They played a weakened team and played pass the ball a few years back against Aberdeen in the last game of the season that Aberdeen won and pushed us to 3rd place and I would love to return the favour to the beggars.

The scum rely on either getting to the CL otherwise they have to have a fire sale. Coming 3rd this season would genuinely set them back so much.

McGregor up front, Alfie in goals and a nice introduction for the youth for these games please me Gerrard.

Tims have 2 games in hand on Hibs and are 6 points ahead of them. They're 7 ahead of the sheep level on games and one of the games in hand they have is against each other. The tims are bad but they haven't lost to anyone in the league bar us this season. They will finish 2nd comfortably as the other 2 aren't capable of putting pressure on them.

Do you mean you want Rangers to get beat,I watched the Celtic game you are referring to in work that day and one of them actually stood up and cheered when Hearts scored is that the sort of behaviour you want it’s not who we are .

If we'd already won the league and wanted to use the game to put a few players in the shop window or give youth a chance then that's up to us. Obviously we'd still be looking to win, but not the end of the world if a defeat condemned the filth to 3rd. Sadly, neither Hibs or Aberdeen have the bottle to push them that hard.

Do you mean you want Rangers to get beat,I watched the Celtic game you are referring to in work that day and one of them actually stood up and cheered when Hearts scored is that the sort of behaviour you want it’s not who we are .

Nail on head.

Leave the obsession to them. Focus on Rangers, their focusing on Rangers led to the position they find themselves in now.

If the league is already won then play fringe players by all means, but do not send our players out to deliberately throw a match. We are Rangers, FFS.

If the fringe players aren't good enough and we lose, fine. We will have learned something useful about them.

And if you think celtc would sit still as victims of match-rigging you are naive. They would demand inquiries and probably police involvement, and definitely would want the title stripped like Marseille in the early 1990's

They did it vs Aberdeen few easons ago let them win at the piggery which put us in 3rd..

fck them over I say !
I am sure that not backfire on them.Did we not progress but sheep got a tough tie and get papped out ? also sure we made a few quid before exit.

Not for me we are better than lowering ourselves to throwing games to help other teams[owners and fans] who only 8/9 years ago would have been happy to see us finished
Its all immaterial anyway as none of the 3 teams are or will be good enough to qualify via non champions route

I’m on the fence, on one hand, that’s their style, not ours, but they have done it to us on two occasions, so maybe a touch of revenge, whilst denying them much needed income.

If we have secured the league and hibs/aberdeen have a realistic chance of getting second then lie down every day of the week. Exact same as when the poets magically lost to Aberdeen at home.

No.
But if the league is secured, then making sure the fringe players are up to standard is important and games against Aberdeen, Hibs, & Livi would be a good challenge
B-D

If we were to do it, I would hope we don't make it as obvious as the mhanks did against Hearts, and refrain from scoring spectacular own goals.

Yes, removing the opportunity of CL money from them will have a massive impact

Who comes 2nd is of no concern to us. The only thing that matters is Rangers coming first.
Exactly.

I'd be embarrassed if we lost a game to Aberdeen or Hibs just to stop Celtic coming 2nd. That is beneath us.

It's unlikely to be an issue anyway as neither side will be able to maintain the consistency required.

after 2006 we have todo what they did, allow someone else to come second if we can stopping them getting the CL money and knowing who ever gets second wont make it leaving the CL money pot for us

If us losing one game when the title is already won stops the mentally challengeds having the chance of making the group stage and the guaranteed 32m that come with it then it’s a yes from me

we need to start clawing back the financial gap
If the league is won before the split we should weakened teams against hibs and Aberdeen and not try that hard if they have chance of gearing ahead of them

it’s a 30m swing it’s worth it

imagine the mentally challengeds faces last day of the season hibs are one point in front of them and we play a reserve side

Never! I expect us to try and win every game. As much as I enjoy their pain , thw former has to be the starting point for me.

Two sides to this for me...

1) it’s a no brainier denying those bastards a shot at £30million after years of doing their best to kill us off.

2) Ask yourself what they would do?

As a club we have honesty and dignity and we play the game that way. Not a chance do we cheat, because that's what it amounts to, in order to help others. We look after ourselves and no one else

Back