Aberdeen manager job - what happened?

He puts himself in the running for every single job going with the help of the tim media. There was no evidence anywhere to suggest Aberdeen had spoken to him or were interested in doing so. He is absolutely desperate for a job and anytime one becomes available his name is pushed by multiple newspapers and pundits. It only took until the second post for him to get a mention on here. These threads always end up with endless shite about Lennon getting the job.

The OP was of the same opinion hence why he started the thread. Not sure why you would get wound up on a thread about an Aberdeen manager, don’t look at it if you know what’s coming?

Just take it in and enjoy the sheep being miserable.

When O'Neill was linked was us before Gerrard the talk was a compensation clause of £800,000.

O'Neill still has 4 years to go on this current NI contract. He'd cost them a fortune.

Listening to O’Neill’s comments yesterday, suspect that’s the issue here.

Think he likes the idea of the sheep job, but the money will be too much to buy him out.

Warnock left as he was told there was no chance of him staying next season.

The new manager in soon that he claimed was why he was leaving was a load of shite.

Michael O’Neill has said similar things whenever he’s been linked to any job while with NI, he seems to be suggesting people are jumping the gun because he lives in Scotland and went to a St Mirren v Aberdeen game to watch a player.

Info I read was wrong, then.

I still think they could've made it work financially if they'd been quick

I wasn't talking about O'Neill in either reply mate, I was replying to a guy asking about Thelin.

When Warnick left he said they talked midweek and decided best to bring new manager in now.

I think it was all just to save face. Aberdeen didn't expect to beat Kilmarnock at home in the cup - let that sink in.

They were worried Warnock was taking them down.

Warlock leaving after his first significant victory means all up in the air - it could have been a sign that he was making progress - whether new guy gets in and gets them playing or they need settling in period amounts to what is now a stick or twist scenario with Leven.

It's a car crash.

Isn't Leven a massive blue nose from KP?

Sure I worked with his pal back when he was trying to get into the Rangers team.

I'm honestly surprised the phone call hasn't been put into Jack Ross.

Seems to be the go to man when a diddy Scottish club can't get a manager.

The reason I fancy O’Neill to get it is,he’s the only one tied up on international duty.
They could have had their business done with any club manager before now.

It’s very clear that it’s obviously a manager who’s in a job that they want. If not, they’d have got someone in who was out of work after Robson was sacked and not the short term option till the end of the season which hilariously even backfired.

Back