Aberdeen v Celtic Today

If we draw on Wednesday and beat st mirren I take it a win against them would win us the league

His tactics were to allow the mentally challenged to miss two sitters then score from a set piece?

Im not necessarily disagreeing with you. I just think results and performances can be analysed separately.

Aberdeen played better today v the mentally challengeds than Ross County did last Sunday.

We will disagree here. Im sure Ross county had the same amount of efforts on target as Celtic last week, and should have scored more than their 1. Aberdeen today were rotten, Celtic were dire too granted.

They are bottom of the away form table for a reason. Their manager is inept. Again JMO. They a guaranteed 4 big occasions a year, and playing celtic aint 1 of them.

Their tactics have got them a 3-3 draw and two 1-0 defeats so far this season (discounting cup games).

When you consider the difference in finances, how much more can you expect?
Attitude for one.

How can you take seriously a manager who said after a national cup semi final that his players were 'spooked' because their opponents had played a junkie at centre forward?

We will disagree here. Im sure Ross county had the same amount of efforts on target as Celtic last week, and should have scored more than their 1. Aberdeen today were rotten, Celtic were dire too granted.

They are bottom of the away form table for a reason. Their manager is inept. Again JMO. They a guaranteed 4 big occasions a year, and playing celtic aint 1 of them.

Aberdeen had the same number of efforts on target as Celtic did today.

Aberdeen also held Celtic to 8 less shots on goal than County did and had more possession than County did as well.

The stats between the two games are quite similar. The difference IMO was that the mentally challengeds missed genuine sitters against County and scored a deflected goal today. And at the other end County scored from a set piece and Aberdeen hit the bar and missed a sitter from a set piece.

Aberdeen are a terrible football team, I don't disagree with that. The point I'm making is that, that performance today, for Aberdeen, is about as good as it gets. It's depressing as %^*& but it's also the truth.

Attitude for one.

How can you take seriously a manager who said after a national cup semi final that his players were 'spooked' because their opponents had played a junkie at centre forward?

I've already said I didn't watch the cup game.

I've seen all three of Aberdeen's games v Celtic this season and I think there attitude has been good in them all. It's their quality that let them down in the games they lost.

Aberdeen had the same number of efforts on target as Celtic did today.

Aberdeen also held Celtic to 8 less shots on goal than County did and had more possession than County did as well.

The stats between the two games are quite similar. The difference IMO was that the mentally challengeds missed genuine sitters against County and scored a deflected goal today. And at the other end County scored from a set piece and Aberdeen hit the bar and missed a sitter from a set piece.

Aberdeen are a terrible football team, I don't disagree with that. The point I'm making is that, that performance today, for Aberdeen, is about as good as it gets. It's depressing as %^*& but it's also the truth.

M8 we will agree to disagree,

Celtic played well against Ross County. County did a stern job on Ajer and capitalised on Celtics weakness.

As far as I am concerned, Celtic were absolute dire today and aberdeen were unable to exploit it. I blame tactics you dont, so we move on. I do however acknowledge on the 60 mins that McInnes did do what I was calling him out to start the game by; Putting pressure on celtics defence by having another shirt up against their 4. However he took far to long to do so and gave Celtic far too much respect when everyone else knew their weaknesses.

Their tactics have got them a 3-3 draw and two 1-0 defeats so far this season (discounting cup games).

When you consider the difference in finances, how much more can you expect?

I think the rest of us are looking at a 15 year trend not a 15 week view. It is embarrassing for the club that pretends to be the most significant challenger to us & them. Indeed as another poster pointed out, Ross County, as in bottom of the table Ross County, have beaten Celtic more in 5 months than Aberdeen have in 15 years at Parkhead. If I were a dons fan, I would be humiliated by that.

They were always going to win today.
The sheep are shite and their manager is a loser.
Oor Del will be chuffed with only two 1-0 defeats to them

M8 we will agree to disagree,

Celtic played well against Ross County. County did a stern job on Ajer and capitalised on Celtics weakness.

As far as I am concerned, Celtic were absolute dire today and aberdeen were unable to exploit it. I blame tactics you dont, so we move on. I do however acknowledge on the 60 mins that McInnes did do what I was calling him out to start the game by; Putting pressure on celtics defence by having another shirt up against their 4. However he took far to long to do so and gave Celtic far too much respect when everyone else knew their weaknesses.

The point I'm making is that although Celtic were dire, Aberdeen being unable to exploit it was down to lack of ability rather than lack of effort.

I don't disagree with what you say about poor tactics etc but Aberdeen's issue today was down to lack of quality in the final third. They created enough chances to get a point.

I think the rest of us are looking at a 15 year trend not a 15 week view. It is embarrassing for the club that pretends to be the most significant challenger to us & them. Indeed as another poster pointed out, Ross County, as in bottom of the table Ross County, have beaten Celtic more in 5 months than Aberdeen have in 15 years at Parkhead. If I were a dons fan, I would be humiliated by that.

But I literally made the same point you're making.

I said that Aberdeen are actually trying which makes a massive change to what they usually do.

Aberdeens record against Celtic for 25 years has been horrendous, however, I think this season they have given them three good games in the league.

Aberdeen are an utter disgrace .

On another note , where are all the pictures or film of this aeroplane that was supposedly flying over their dump at 3pm today ? I’m guessing my flabbier will be gasted to find out it didn’t happen after all . Was never going to be allowed .

Back