Aberdeen v Celtic Today

It wasn’t even an attacking sub. He brought Dylan McGeough on for 30seconds.

He did finally go for it an hour in. Why the fck did he not start like that.

I said at half time with celtic back 4 they were smoking cigars with aberdeens two. As soon as 1 went more forward form midfield (ie the sub at 60 mins) they panicked and were no longer in control.

Scandalous the little coward gives them a goal of a start and waits until he has to go for it.
I didn't watch the whole game but Aberdeen had three good chances before Celtic scored & then that deflected shot seemed to deflate them ,but they did start as if they were going to have a go

Actually just read this stat on AFC Chat

surely this is wrong?

1 goal in 12 hours should be more than enough to earn the lady's front bottom the bullet

I didn't watch the whole game but Aberdeen had three good chances before Celtic scored & then that deflected shot seemed to deflate them ,but they did start as if they were going to have a go

Celtic scored in what 7 mins? If you mean did they look ok for 7 mins in the first half ye, I will give u that.

McInnes is on the radio saying the same old stuff we went man for man again and it did not work.
He will be saying the same thing at the next game.

I have to say , it’s so enjoyable knowing that their result will make not one difference on the destination of the title.
Hopefully Kennedy will string a few results together and the board will offer him the gig. The Lego eater as his assistant and 56 becomes a formality.

Motherwell gave them a game at Sharkhead, St Mirren won there and Aberdeen did what? Shat the bed again. A side that's a mirror image of their pathetic, arrogant, cowardly manager. So hope they go tits up.

I dont buy that 1 bit.
Even if we maul them its down to us being on our game. They always set up to compete against us,

Today they set up to keep it tight and ball watched celtic all first half. McGregor, Turnbull and Christie and Ajer to an extent allowed to run to their 18 yard box unchallenged.

Celtic on their game would have taken another 5 of them today until the useless git decided to try and exploit Celtics weakness. Even then he could not manage this properly holding back the biggest 2 lads on the pitch at dead ball situations,..

Did they set up that way or do they just have inferior players?

I agree they had a 25/30 minute spell in the first half where they were off it but other than that they were almost on Celtic’s level

The lack of physical challenges from Aberdeen against Celtc are more than noticeable, mate. Against us, they are very different. We are lucky to escape serious injury.

I don’t disagree but that’s because us and the mentally challengeds are different teams.

The referees don’t allow teams to be overly physical v them the same way they do against us.

We’re so much better than the mentally challengeds now that the only tactic a team like Aberdeen have is to try and kick us off the park.

If Aberdoom were a little brave when Lennon was on the ropes they could and really should have been heading to the the CL qualifiers as runners up.

Compare him with John Hughes.

Hughes knows he has a vastly weaker squad with County but he doesnt write every game off against them. He believes in his team and they got a result last week.

Put Hughes in that Dolly dugout and he would get them better results and probably have them playing decent football instead of heid it, hoof it, dive for a FK tactics of Beardy McLoser.

Dolly have some decent players in their squad for SPFL level but they're stuck in a timewarp until the get rid of Hoddit & Doddit in the dugout.

Hughes is by FAR more tactical that McIness.

McInnes is far more like Lennon. Requires player of a better standard to win most games in the SPFL.

Normally I would just laugh at the sheep, but like many in the SPFL these teams manage to up their game against us. And I would like them to get a manager in that at least can have a go against us and THEM.

Did they set up that way or do they just have inferior players?

I agree they had a 25/30 minute spell in the first half where they were off it but other than that they were almost on Celtic’s level

I don’t disagree but that’s because us and the mentally challengeds are different teams.

The referees don’t allow teams to be overly physical v them the same way they do against us.

We’re so much better than the mentally challengeds now that the only tactic a team like Aberdeen have is to try and kick us off the park.

20/25 MINS IN FIRST HALF? Try 10 mins at best, The other 35 mins they sat behind the ball admiring christie, turnbull and mcgregor running by them with ease.

At 60 mins he finally noticed what all other in the SPFL have been saying for months. HAVE A GO at Celtics defence.

This week, last week and in the Scottish Cup the guy shits himself before Celtic even take to the field.

New manager bounce?

I said last night the sheep were beaten before they set a foot on the park. I shudder when I think of the bullet we dodged with McInnes.

Surely Ross County have beaten the mentally challengeds more this season than Aberdeen have in the last 5 years?

Utter shitebags from Boardroom to Dressing room and the Terraces.

New manager bounce?

I said last night the sheep were beaten before they set a foot on the park. I shudder when I think of the bullet we dodged with McInnes.

Celtic were absolutely dire today. Eduoard trying to walk the ball into the net was the best it got for them.

I watched the 2and half aberdeen had the better of it without really creating anything.

It had the feel of an end of season game both clubs know they arent moving in the league no intensity.

I would say if we turn up at 50% we will scud the scum if they play like that but we all know they will raise their game.

I think it’s 2 wins in last 10 games for sheep, you would think for the investment the sheep have spent Mcinnes would be getting the sack but unfortunately I don’t think they might be able to afford too.

20/25 MINS IN FIRST HALF? Try 10 mins at best, The other 35 mins they sat behind the ball admiring christie, turnbull and mcgregor running by them with ease.

At 60 mins he finally noticed what all other in the SPFL have been saying for months. HAVE A GO at Celtics defence.

This week, last week and in the Scottish Cup the guy shits himself before Celtic even take to the field.

I said 25/30 and you said 10 minutes at best so we’re literally arguing over 5 minutes.

I know what you’re saying but Aberdeen are shite.

The point I’m making is that people are comparing that Aberdeen performance to the performance they expect from us v the mentally challengeds. That WAS Aberdeen playing well v them and they were pretty shite.

I said 25/30 and you said 10 minutes at best so we’re literally arguing over 5 minutes.

I know what you’re saying but Aberdeen are shite.

The point I’m making is that people are comparing that Aberdeen performance to the performance they expect from us v the mentally challengeds. That WAS Aberdeen playing well v them and they were pretty shite.
25/30 implys that it was over 50% for sure. Even as high as 66%

I say it was nearer 20%

Massive difference.

M8 Aberdeen did not play well FFS, It may have looked that way to you as celtic were dire.

Surely Ross County have beaten the mentally challengeds more this season than Aberdeen have in the last 5 years?

Utter shitebags from Boardroom to Dressing room and the Terraces.
They are not a football club anymore and their fans are the absolute dregs.

At least in the past, any time period you wish to go back to, Aberdeen fans would have wanted to win.

I can go back to Joe Bonthrone as assistant to Eddie Turnbull. They wanted to win for Aberdeen the club and the fans.

Ally McLeod, and the fans? They wanted their club to win.

Fergie? A different ball game entirely. He took them to giddy heights that will never happen again.

From 1986 onwards? They'd rather lose to the filth just to get it up our noses than win for their own sakes.

They are not football fans.

These inadequates aren't even in the gutter. The gutter is too far above and out of their reach.

And does anyone else remember that little club's officially sanctioned song when we played at Pittodrie the first time at Pittodrie after Whyte's sleaze catapulted us into admin?

Taxman by The Beatles.

Taxman came out in 1966.

I very much doubt the woolybacks have heard of Sgt Pepper yet.

We have a bigger rivalry with Benburb than this lot.

But don't take my word for it, just ask Scott Wright and Davie Robertson.

Last edited:

McInnes is far more like Lennon. Requires player of a better standard to win most games in the SPFL.

Normally I would just laugh at the sheep, but like many in the SPFL these teams manage to up their game against us. And I would like them to get a manager in that at least can have a go against us and THEM.

To be fair

Us
Hibs
Aberdeen
Kilmarnock
Livingston
St Mirren
St Johnstone
Ross County

Have all taken points off the mentally challengeds this season at one point or another.

I think the only teams who haven’t are Hamilton, Dundee United and Motherwell.

We can’t really ask for much more from the other teams tbh.

Doesn’t 3rd place guarantee European group stages next season?

They are now 4pts behind Hibs having played a game more.

To be fair

Us
Hibs
Aberdeen
Kilmarnock
Livingston
St Mirren
St Johnstone
Ross County

Have all taken points off the mentally challengeds this season at one point or another.

I think the only teams who haven’t are Hamilton, Dundee United and Motherwell.

We can’t really ask for much more from the other teams tbh.

M8 you are missing what I said,

Aberdeen today, last week and the semi final they turned up already beaten. Thats all.

Don't gie the sheep chairman an idea of ditchin bottler mcinnes and goin for hughes.

Keep them the way they are.

Don't gie the sheep chairman an idea of ditchin bottler mcinnes and goin for hughes.

Keep them the way they are.

No m8, we need competition. If they competed the same way against both us and them then fine. But they dont.

I honestly believe Aberdeen is run by Tony Docherty. Just as Livi was run by Martindale under various other managers. McInnes is just the useful idiot IMO

If Aberdoom were a little brave when Lennon was on the ropes they could and really should have been heading to the the CL qualifiers as runners up.
And that’s the thing which sums up Scottish football. Celtic have been there for the taking all season, so there was a very real chance for someone else to finish second and have a crack at the CL qualifiers..... and nobody stepped up to the mark.

M8 you are missing what I said,

Aberdeen today, last week and the semi final they turned up already beaten. Thats all.

I didn’t see the semi final tbh but I’ve seen the other three Aberdeen v mentally challengeds games this season. If I’m being honest, it’s the best I’ve seen the sheep perform consistently v the mentally challengeds.

I wouldn’t say they were good but they at least looked like they were trying, which hadn’t always been the case.

I don’t think Aberdeen’s issues this season (league wise) have been attitude, I think they’ve been down to lack of quality.

Dolly have always upped their game against us for as long as I can remember, even when they were finishing in the bottom half of the league.

McLoser has been allowed to skate by due to our kneecapping by Spivs and him having a good record against Gerrard in his 1st season. Now Gerrard has learned from it and we have improved significantly. Dolly have stagnated despite signing some decent players for this level, their tactics haven't evolved beyond 1980s type football.

McLoser was able to get comfy in a job because his club were happy to be Timmys bitch in our absence and questions are now being asked of him because Hibs are decent and we're starting to spank them again.

Dolly fans who celebrated him crapping his pants at the last second to not come to us, will never admit they did so now and its probably THE biggest Sliding Doors moment in recent years for us.

Gerrards forward thinking modern football or McLosers heid it & hoof it - Shudder :)

I didn’t see the semi final tbh but I’ve seen the other three Aberdeen v mentally challengeds games this season. If I’m being honest, it’s the best I’ve seen the sheep perform consistently v the mentally challengeds.

I wouldn’t say they were good but they at least looked like they were trying, which hadn’t always been the case.

I don’t think Aberdeen’s issues this season (league wise) have been attitude, I think they’ve been down to lack of quality.

I say tactics

I want full on attack mode from Rangers at the PIggery from the first minute. An absolute battering and destruction.

McInnes is on the radio saying the same old stuff we went man for man again and it did not work.
He will be saying the same thing at the next game.
Aberdeen should have pressed the ball from the off, they might have taken something off them. As for going man for man, septic had acres of space for passing the ball.

McInnes is just an absolute coward and shi*ebag. The good managers out there are brave and will take a chance if they smell blood, not this one, he’s happy to have his arsehole tickled. The fact that if St Johnstone win tomorrow they’ll have won more major trophies than McInnes over his tenure there is absolutely damning when you see the difference in resources available

Look what Hughes did, that was tactics.

His tactics were to allow the mentally challenged to miss two sitters then score from a set piece?

Im not necessarily disagreeing with you. I just think results and performances can be analysed separately.

Aberdeen played better today v the mentally challengeds than Ross County did last Sunday.

Back