Adrian Goldberg raising funds for a film on the abuse at Celtic Boys Club

I will be going another 12 quid on the 12th hour on the 12th day of July. It's my duty.

Someone creative could develop that further and brighter in a post.

£12 at 12 on the 12th...

Only 300 football fans in the UK need to commit to this and that would be £3,600 pushing it over the line.

If 300 fans want to see justice against child sex abuse.

----

£10 at 10 on the 10th

If 360 ordinary people in this country of 55 million committed to it tomorrow then the target would be passed by 10.01...

Count me in.

(Edit... I see the target is beyond 11, 400 now, but the point stands).

I'd rather we try to nail it ASAP Gazza.

It's a big potential breakthrough & a potential embarrassment to Goldberg if it doesn't
happen after him going were the SMSM have not gone.

Additionally, the UK wide angle we've been aiming for is opened up if this goes ahead.
I'm convinced it'll be done by 12 on the 12th.

These things always slow down after the initial flurry, it'll pick up again nearer the target.

There's no way this won't reach the 15k.

The fund now sits at just over 12 grand. I’ve been speaking with one of the victims family members this morning and they have asked me to pass on their thanks. They have waited many years for this opportunity due to the failure of the Scottish government and certain media outlets. Let’s have one last push and get them there.

The fund now sits at just over 12 grand. I’ve been speaking with one of the victims family members this morning and they have asked me to pass on their thanks. They have waited many years for this opportunity due to the failure of the Scottish government and certain media outlets. Let’s have one last push and get them there.

You tell the victim we are humbled by his gratitude and will get this done for him and the many other poor lads who have had to suffer at the hands of the abusers.

Once this reaches it's target, Mr Goldberg should approach Netflix. They would perhaps invest extra on to make it into a multi part expose. There certainly is enough material and merit for this to happen.

You could easily make 4 episodes minimum covering the feeder clubs, celtic and their fans, politicians, GCC & police, and the media.

Once this reaches it's target, Mr Goldberg should approach Netflix. They would perhaps invest extra on to make it into a multi part expose. There certainly is enough material and merit for this to happen.

You could easily make 4 episodes minimum covering the feeder clubs, celtic and their fans, politicians, GCC & police, and the media.
You clearly have little idea how much it costs, and how long it takes, to make these mini-series.
Goldberg will probably make a short (30 mins) max) piece using available footage. He will do some interviews.
He may do some door stepping but there will be no budget for much in the way of production.
What he will do is try and his work on to distributors for cable/online broadcast.
It is at this stage, that if a producer saw a showreel and thought there was mileage, there would be a chance of someone bigger taking it on.
The other route would be coverage of the court cases.
Sometimes that leads to producers picking up on a backgrounder.

This is not a criticism specifically of Heart and Hand at all, but the support from some of our highest profile fans who have a far reaching on social media has been evident from the start in relation to this subject.

Again, not a criticism specifically of @David Edgar or the other main names.

It is apparent though that for whatever reason it's not a topic that seems to be on anyones radar.

I wonder why that is, and would be grateful for views from anyone why that might be the case?

Is there a fear as it is a horrific subject?
Is it not something they think their audience is interested in?
Are they just not interested, a non football matter?

Why have none of our fanbase with a wide social media reach supported the victims by using their influence?

Again, just to emphasise I am not seeking to single out any specific poster, show or group.

But I am keen to hear views as by all accounts for some Rangers fans it's as if there is nothing sinister happening at the mentally challengeds at all?
Every single one of our online guys should have this on their site, no excuses.

You clearly have little idea how much it costs, and how long it takes, to make these mini-series.
Goldberg will probably make a short (30 mins) max) piece using available footage. He will do some interviews.
He may do some door stepping but there will be no budget for much in the way of production.
What he will do is try and his work on to distributors for cable/online broadcast.
It is at this stage, that if a producer saw a showreel and thought there was mileage, there would be a chance of someone bigger taking it on.
The other route would be coverage of the court cases.
Sometimes that leads to producers picking up on a backgrounder.
I don't think you read my full post properly. Where in my post did I show ignaorance for the costs involved.

Have put another £10 in and will do so again at the end of the month when I get my pension. We have to keep this going
The target will be met before the month is out.
Not to undermine a very serious issue, I’m having a bit of fun donating under various stupid names. Nothing vulgar though (apart form Humza Stalepiss).

Another couple tonight when I get home.

Had Big Rab in the Louden seen this, I can’t be bothered trailing through all the posts on here to find out!

surely he would be happy to make a donation

Apologies Rab if you have already donated

Back