Affected Supporters

Spot on, Rangers need to be as proactive on this as they were with the UB to Copland discussion. 'First come first served is utterly meaningless'; would have been better to just tell the truth and say 'we have no idea how we'll handle it but wanted to get an email out'.
They could use mygers points as the basis of giving people priority, or they could use the length of time they’ve been sat there

First come, first served is a nonsense

The answer will no doubt be it would be ‘too difficult’
No doubt.. I'll help them; it's not difficult if they actually try. Ibrox capacity - 50,817. Seats with a named person/ company (season ticket holder/ company groups/ opposition fan) in them for the OF games, 45k or so. I'll count how many in B 5 and 4 tomorrow as a start point; that will be less than 6k. Then the club should contact those affected to get initial sounding on how many would want options 1 and 2 in their email. Then, based on how many want to take the cost reduction and miss the OF games; understand how many people need to be re-located for those games. Then factor in available seats with no named call on them for OF ganes, and new seats without a named person in them that will be available post UB move and Copland Cantilever. By that stage they should know whether they have a problem or not, and if so how big and what's its' nature. Then have an adult conversation about how to best resolve. Or..... just get the office junior to write an email and say 'first come first served' and get back to the Easter eggs.

I posted this same question earlier, I don’t understand how any ST will not get a ticket for games versus them. We have 50,000 seats(slightly more), we have 46,000 ST holders, they get 2,500 seats leaving1500 seats empty for security purposes.

There will be tickets available for everybody who wants one.

Where there will be difficulties is getting

1. Everybody who wants to move season tickets they into an area they want and the number of seats beside each other they may already have

2. Accommodating multiple seats on a one of basis for those that don't take a ST and want relocated for the 2 OF games.

So some people may miss out if they don't want to be split up.

I guess at this point in time they have to say they can't guarantee as the club don't know what will happen with all the Coupland movers and just people not renewing in general.

I posted this same question earlier, I don’t understand how any ST will not get a ticket for games versus them. We have 50,000 seats(slightly more), we have 46,000 ST holders, they get 2,500 seats leaving1500 seats empty for security purposes.

Corporate packages - much more money!
I sometimes think that the game's a bogey. Actual supporters - most of whom actually contributed a great deal of their time and money to save our club don't matter anymore :oops:.
It's pretty sad and kinda shocking at the same time.

There’ll be contractual obligations that the club need tickets for

Because off site corporate, sponsors and sportsbreaks won't lose out on tickets given the money they put in so ordinary punters suffer.

It's laughable that people didn't realise that when advocating a bigger allocation for them.

Does that 46k include all the hospitality seats within it though or is it just ordinary season ticket holders? Maybe a couple of thousand Hospitality seats across the stadium?

I am actually furious about this first come first serve nonsense. I pay for literally every ticket and in gold but will be scrambling about potentially fighting for seats with someone who just got there ST? Definitely loads in the similar situation. It should be windows based on points, exactly one of the reasons to have that scheme!

I assume hospitality and contracts we have with places like Sports Breaks and now the Village Hotel?

Unfortunately it’s the club who actually own the seats we just rent them. The club can do as it likes.

They are not forcing anyone to buy the ST they are offering alternatives. If you don’t like them then don’t renew, there’s plenty apparently waiting to take your spot.

Unfortunately it’s the club who actually own the seats we just rent them. The club can do as it likes.

They are not forcing anyone to buy the ST they are offering alternatives. If you don’t like them then don’t renew, there’s plenty apparently waiting to take your spot.
lol what a pathetic comment. Most people on here that are unhappy at the lack of certainty on the options they have given and lazy “first come first serve” approach

I am actually furious about this first come first serve nonsense. I pay for literally every ticket and in gold but will be scrambling about potentially fighting for seats with someone who just got there ST? Definitely loads in the similar situation. It should be windows based on points, exactly one of the reasons to have that scheme!
According to a post on the other thread, it's implied that Broomloan movers are being treated differently to Copland ones.

lol what a pathetic comment. Most people on here that are unhappy at the lack of certainty on the options they have given and lazy “first come first serve” approach
But it doesn’t matter what you or I think. The board know they will fill the seats regardless. Irrelevant of how many on FF are unhappy

According to a post on the other thread, it's implied that Broomloan movers are being treated differently to Copland ones. No

It’s absolutely true aswell. This is a lazy approach end of. It’s actually largely solvable to keep most people happy as well…. It would seem they can’t be arsed doing it, or they don’t actually think many seats will be available but not willing to put it in writing.

I've also sent a note to SLO on Twitter suggesting this issue needed more engagement. It is not the same as the UB > Copland issue; but not far off it in terms of numbers affected I suspect. And that got a huge amount of consultation and dialogue.
I've emailed asking why the 2 sets of seat movers are being treated differently. Pointing out the wording in communication to both sets of fans.

Copland Seat Movers told "we offer our full support in finding a new seat that aligns with your matchday experience with forced movers having priority seat moves following ST renewal"

Broomloan Seat Movers told "You can select a new seat currently available within the stadium that will include home matches against Celtic. Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis"

The difference in treatment of fans is a disgrace.

Just had this ridiculous response back from Rangers so called Customer Service team when I suggested there would be a better option than 'first come first served'.

So much for the big investment in customer service and fan liason. They don't give a flying fxxx for the people that pour in money year after year.

Graeme xxxxx (Rangers FC)

29 Mar 2024, 16:12 GMT

Hi Iain

Thanks for the email.

We appreciate your feedback but unfortunately the club have made the decision on this and there will be no alterative options available.

Kind Regards
Graeme
Thank you and %^*& you is what it is..The board showing their true colours once again that they couldn't care less about the support.

The old firm didn’t lose his appeal because of that, it’s lost it because we got booted down the leagues, I live down south and almost all football fans have said this. Some don’t even bother watching any Scottish football now as it’s rotten. They switched off and never returned, that’s on the clubs that voted us out.
Before we were booted down the leagues I believe the old firm match and Rangers games in general were some of skys top watched games, even more than most EPL games.
We will be living with the repercussions of this now forever.
100%, the only one's I've heard stating " it's lost it's appeal with no fans in" are the greeting faced Bheasts fans wanting back in.

It's not your seat.Even though I've sat in the same one since 1989 and have to move to accommodate 100 kids who like singing it's not my seat.
Thems the breaks
I’ve been in the same seat since the 86-87 season and get your point but having to move or give up your season ticket for any charity beneficiaries, eufa dignitaries or worst of all those bomb throwing bastards is hard to stomach. Those having to move have my utmost sympathy.

“The right decision” and “it’s not real football without away fans” says fan sitting in an unaffected stand.

Fucking joke to move a single Rangers supporter for that shower of shite
Much the same as those who were unaffected by the CF ST holders being punted from seats they’d been in for decades making light of it, saying it’s only a seat, if you don’t like it there’s a waiting list of people to take your seat etc etc

People only care when it’s them being hard done by.

There will be tickets available for everybody who wants one.

Where there will be difficulties is getting

1. Everybody who wants to move season tickets they into an area they want and the number of seats beside each other they may already have

2. Accommodating multiple seats on a one of basis for those that don't take a ST and want relocated for the 2 OF games.

So some people may miss out if they don't want to be split up.

I guess at this point in time they have to say they can't guarantee as the club don't know what will happen with all the Coupland movers and just people not renewing in general.

Good points.

I think, tbh, given all the changes, this summer is the perfect time for a reset.

Use MyGers and stick people in windows to reallocate into their chosen section/seat.

It’s then a fair process, based on the clubs chosen loyalty scheme.

For those paired together, you wait for the window of the lowest person in your selected group, or, you take the risk and add someone later. (Parents with kids can obviously go at the same time).

It would likely free up lots of spots that will be randomly held at present where you could conceivably get a new group of three.

It would also remove the idea that some have been unfairly disadvantaged here and everyone would be in the same position.

In an ideal world, it would have coincided with the CF being a safe standing area, but maybe they call that out as the plan and if you select their, you know the chances are, it turns into a safe standing zone inside X years.

Those who received an email today to say there's a chance we might be locked out of future Old Firms will feel betrayed by the club.

We are just as loyal as any other season ticket holder. We pay our money the same as any other season ticket holder. We get behind the team the same as any other season ticket holder.

But today we have been let down by the board.

Not one Rangers supporter should be locked out of Ibrox to accommodate a tramp but today that's what we've been told.

Id like to think that if one single supporter misses out that the Rangers support as a whole would get behind them and voice their displeasure.

A lot won't show any sympathy as it doesn't affect them but a lot of good Bears have been let down today.
I've every sympathy with you. People can say "it's just going back to what it was like before." But at least before, you were aware prior to buying the ticket.

For supporters that have been buying season tickets in that section for years, buying European tickets, buying cup tickets and paying for the seats for a full year that they couldn't use them during covid, to receive an email like that today is nothing short of disgusting.

I’ve thought about this all day and the more I think about it the angrier it makes me.
As somebody that bought a ST all the way from the bottom tier back up to the top and then paid a full ST during Covid for no return, it seriously sticks in my craw that we have been sold down the river like this.

I could maybe even have accepted it if it weren’t for the ‘first come first served’ part of the whole thing. Surely the thinking should have been to show loyalty to those that showed loyalty to the club? The club should have issued an email stating they will do absolutely everything in their power to make sure no fan is left out going forward.

Those who received an email today to say there's a chance we might be locked out of future Old Firms will feel betrayed by the club.

We are just as loyal as any other season ticket holder. We pay our money the same as any other season ticket holder. We get behind the team the same as any other season ticket holder.

Not one Rangers supporter should be locked out of Ibrox to accommodate a tramp but today that's what we've been told.

Id like to think that if one single supporter misses out that the Rangers support as a whole would get behind them and voice their displeasure.

A lot won't show any sympathy as it doesn't affect them but a lot of good Bears have been let down today.
It’s a utter disgrace, those who have been calling for to let the rats back in should be giving up their seats for it

Could not have been put better mate.

Ahh I'm 110 as I said I've never bean moved for a European game etc

Think I'm being moved for the upgrade of the Disabled section all very confusing

Good points.

I think, tbh, given all the changes, this summer is the perfect time for a reset.

Use MyGers and stick people in windows to reallocate into their chosen section/seat.

It’s then a fair process, based on the clubs chosen loyalty scheme.

For those paired together, you wait for the window of the lowest person in your selected group, or, you take the risk and add someone later. (Parents with kids can obviously go at the same time).

It would likely free up lots of spots that will be randomly held at present where you could conceivably get a new group of three.

It would also remove the idea that some have been unfairly disadvantaged here and everyone would be in the same position.

In an ideal world, it would have coincided with the CF being a safe standing area, but maybe they call that out as the plan and if you select their, you know the chances are, it turns into a safe standing zone inside X years.
So because someone has bought the addons for a few years they should be able to take a seat that someone else has held for decades? And if you're not in MyGers, what happens - just punt them out the stadium?

Would this reset then happen every year or just at arbitrary windows when some people aren't happy?

If you haven’t had an email then you aren’t getting moved. Here’s my email…

We have a Rangers board in place that are moving ticket paying Rangers supporters to accommodate supporters of a club that,

Bring their bigotry into our stadium

Refuse to even acknowledge the fixture

Refuse to call us by our name on official channels

Until recently, employees wouldn't even utter the word Rangers

But woe betide we do anything to compromise the "special atmosphere" of the "Glasgow Derby."

I tell you what unless we increase the capacity of Ibrox before the next game against them some so called supporters ate acting like scumbags why would you want more of them and deny fellow supporters the chance to watch Rangers .Other clubs cutting the amount who want to watch Rangers now our own fooking club wtf is going on?

M
Errr... Liverpool allocation was 2636 tickets which is the model we'll be using.

That lot will have the corner and 25% of the stand, so will not be "kept out of the Broomloan" at all.

image.png
they rats will have that n you won’t be able to see us where they stick us in their dump, utterly disgusting

Back