Affected Supporters

So because someone has bought the addons for a few years they should be able to take a seat that someone else has held for decades? And if you're not in MyGers, what happens - just punt them out the stadium?

Would this reset then happen every year or just at arbitrary windows when some people aren't happy?

I’d do a reset now based on the large changes that are occurring.

Anyone who hasn’t bought MyGers goes into the last pot. Agree with it or not, it’s there for situations where demand exceeds supply.

This seat for decades nonsense has to stop. There is nothing in the rules that suggests it’s yours for life. I understand the sentiment but it’s a piece of plastic. Every chance, if you’ve been that long in the tooth, you’d likely get your chosen seat back anyway.

50k capacity, 46k season tickets and 2k away fans. Surely all ST holders will get a ticket?
When you add all hospitality plus the seats which are kept for sponsors/ travel company deals there won't be many spare.

If there was going to be enough they wouldn't have worded it as first come first served, some will miss out and have old firm games taken away as an option.

Has no one considered there are probably fans on low income that may benefit from a lower priced season ticket again even if it means missing the Celtic games?

The jump in price to include Celtic games might have pushed some fans to an expense they don’t really have but didn’t want to give up their ticket.

How about we really look at the positives and say some fans who previously couldn’t get a season ticket due to the waiting list might be able to get one if they don’t mind not getting the Celtic game?

Too positive for a forum?

Those who received an email today to say there's a chance we might be locked out of future Old Firms will feel betrayed by the club.

We are just as loyal as any other season ticket holder. We pay our money the same as any other season ticket holder. We get behind the team the same as any other season ticket holder.

But today we have been let down by the board.

Not one Rangers supporter should be locked out of Ibrox to accommodate a tramp but today that's what we've been told.

Id like to think that if one single supporter misses out that the Rangers support as a whole would get behind them and voice their displeasure.

A lot won't show any sympathy as it doesn't affect them but a lot of good Bears have been let down today.
The sooner you accept that Rangers don't give a %^*& about you mate, the easier your life will be. It is and always has been unrequited love. :(

Has no one considered there are probably fans on low income that may benefit from a lower priced season ticket again even if it means missing the Celtic games?

The jump in price to include Celtic games might have pushed some fans to an expense they don’t really have but didn’t want to give up their ticket.

How about we really look at the positives and say some fans who previously couldn’t get a season ticket due to the waiting list might be able to get one if they don’t mind not getting the Celtic game?

Grasping at straws.

Anyone who hasn’t bought MyGers goes into the last pot. Agree with it or not, it’s there for situations where demand exceeds supply.

This seat for decades nonsense has to stop. There is nothing in the rules that suggests it’s yours for life. I understand the sentiment but it’s a piece of plastic. Every chance, if you’ve been that long in the tooth, you’d likely get your chosen seat back anyway.
Nonsense

That's because it suits you. 90%+ of supporters are unaffected by the large changes. Next season when more disruption happens for the next round of disabled seating - is that not a large enough change? Who decides what is and isn't?

That's not what mygers is there for, it's never been about ST's home league matches and for that reason a large number of supporters haven't bought in. If the rules were to change then it would need to be at a time where those people have had sufficient notice to allow them to catch up.

I disagree with the piece of plastic sentiment, maybe to you that's all it is, to other people it's an exact place where they have a lot of special memories with family or friends. Where they have people around them that they consider friends due to being there week in week out for so long. If there was a free for all on seats across the entire stadium where this section of people got last pick they would most likely not get their usual seat or even stand in some cases. Likely it would see a lot of older fans not returning, but at least you would get the same seat to watch celtic.

Last edited:
Sad to see that some are happy with Celtic calling the shots cause that is what is happening here
100%. We’ve caved in and done as we have been told pretty much. Give it 5 years maximum and they’ll be back to full Broomloan.

I’m disgusted the club has put Rangers season ticket holders out, who they enjoy the thick end of £1000 from on season tickets, to pander to the Celtic support. What’s more eye-opening is the jubilation and rejoicing on here from some that it has happened. Incredible.

Those who received an email today to say there's a chance we might be locked out of future Old Firms will feel betrayed by the club.

We are just as loyal as any other season ticket holder. We pay our money the same as any other season ticket holder. We get behind the team the same as any other season ticket holder.

But today we have been let down by the board.

Not one Rangers supporter should be locked out of Ibrox to accommodate a tramp but today that's what we've been told.

Id like to think that if one single supporter misses out that the Rangers support as a whole would get behind them and voice their displeasure.

A lot won't show any sympathy as it doesn't affect them but a lot of good Bears have been let down today.
I’m with you bud on this shouldn’t have happened bloody disgrace

The away loyal who are delighted by this should give up their tickets instead of the people affected

Disgrace imo that rangers fans are losing out scumbags and club who refuse to even use our name

I’m stepping back now, there are too many experts on here who seem to know that Board “caved in” one expert stated for a fact that we had been told they would never get more than 800. Then he admitted it wasn’t true.
Now we’ve got the “my seat agenda” and as I’ve said before thousands of us gave up our seats to fight the Spivs while others pandered to the Spivs and keep their seats. Some of them call the board spineless, talk about double standards.

As normal my 2 sons left this morning at 5.45 to get the ferry for today's game. Season ticket holders for the Broomloan Road stand. Both have had season tickets from 2011, My Gers members, go to the European games taking time off work and now the club reward this loyalty by allowing a yahoo into the games against that mob instead of Bears.

Excuse my ignorance but we've got 45000 season tickets and they'll be getting 3k approximately.

Won't the affected just get shifted elsewhere and there will be no general mygers sale?

As normal my 2 sons left this morning at 5.45 to get the ferry for today's game. Season ticket holders for the Broomloan Road stand. Both have had season tickets from 2011, My Gers members, go to the European games taking time off work and now the club reward this loyalty by allowing a yahoo into the games against that mob instead of Bears.
^^^this^^^ 100%
I applaude their loyalty. They deserve better

Two of our group are affected, this is the last thing on their mind and I suspect 99% of those affected will be the same. Non-starter.

Celtic had an even bigger ticket allocation when they got their season tickets.

Madness take, very weird.

Excuse my ignorance but we've got 45000 season tickets and they'll be getting 3k approximately.

Won't the affected just get shifted elsewhere and there will be no general mygers sale?
Not by the time you factor in all the hospitality/corporate seats and segregation.

There is also the issue that a lot of people being moved are in the family stand, meaning a minium of 2 seats together (adult and child) need to be found and there aren't many available to allow everyone to move.

It's not just as easy as moving single people into available single seats.

If there were enough available seats, the club would treat it like they do a European game and move affected ST holders for the 2 games. The fact people are having to go 1st come 1st served to get a move is an indication there aren't enough seats to move everyone to.

They have to move to new seats and it’s first come first serve or stay where you are and miss out on the filth games for a reduced price.No matter how it’s dressed up,some will be missing out.

Last edited:

Not too positive. Just an awful take… if they want to save money on next seasons ST then seat sub the old firms if you don’t want to go.

This 46k season ticket holders in a 50k stadium gets bandied about a lot. Assuming the figure’s correct, and I’ve no reason to doubt it, do we know if that 46k includes Hospitality guests? My guess would be that it doesn’t. I’d also guess we have a minimum 2k Hospitality guests per Home match. Maybe more. The gap then narrows considerably. Throw in the fact that whilst we are gaining 600 seats this Summer we will now be losing an extra 1700, plus more for segregation, and it again puts a different perspective on things.

It’s no accident the Rangers email stated folk would have to move or give up OF games. They know the numbers don’t work. Then factor in that many of those impacted will be looking for two, or even three, seats together - they are moving from the Family Stand after all and might be Parent/child or children - and the logistics become a nightmare.

Last edited:
Thousands of our supporters were let down when this decision was originally whimsically made in the first place and the toothpaste was let out the tube.

Yesterday wasn’t the new scenario in all of this.

Thousands of our supporters were let down when this decision was originally whimsically made in the first place and the toothpaste was let out the tube.

Yesterday wasn’t the new scenario in all of this.
As soon as they agreed to move the UB to the Copland we all knew, this was on the cards, no doubt in two years time, they'll have the full Broomie again, the club don't give a monkey's about the fans, only once have they had a second thought about the fans and that's when they were after the Covid season ticket money

You'd think so. But it is the 'first com first served' line in the email that is very poor from the club. Only they know the numbers and options; they need to help people through them not just say 'you need to be on the case when the renewals come out'. Shambolic and will cause chaos if not sorted out in advance.

As soon as they agreed to move the UB to the Copland we all knew, this was on the cards, no doubt in two years time, they'll have the full Broomie again, the club don't give a monkey's about the fans, only once have they had a second thought about the fans and that's when they were after the Covid season ticket money

I’d highly doubt they will ever get back what they had, it’s just beyond unworkable now. It’s not the great big boogeyman lurking to me some are making it out to be since yesterday.

An allocation like that which has been agreed has felt like the outcome to all of this for a while now, appeases a lot of our fans

This 46k season ticket holders in a 50k stadium gets bandied about a lot. Assuming the figure’s correct, and I’ve no reason to doubt it, do we know if that 46k includes Hospitality guests? My guess would be that it doesn’t. I’d also guess we have a minimum 2k Hospitality guests per Home match. Maybe more. The gap then narrows considerably. Throw in the fact that whilst we are gaining 600 seats this Summer we will now be losing 2500, plus more for segregation, and it again puts a different perspective on things.

It’s no accident the Rangers email stated folk would have to move or give up OF games. They know the numbers don’t work. Then factor in that many of those impacted will be looking for two, or even three, seats together - they are moving from the Family Stand after all and might be Parent/child or children - and the logistics become a nightmare.
absolutely, that is why the 'first come first served' model is a complete abdication of responsibility from the club.

Not by the time you factor in all the hospitality/corporate seats and segregation.

There is also the issue that a lot of people being moved are in the family stand, meaning a minium of 2 seats together (adult and child) need to be found and there aren't many available to allow everyone to move.

It's not just as easy as moving single people into available single seats.

If there were enough available seats, the club would treat it like they do a European game and move affected ST holders for the 2 games. The fact people are having to go 1st come 1st served to get a move is an indication there aren't enough seats to move everyone to.

Surely all the groups of people are moved to where the UB currently sit and single seats get dotted around the ground. Would make sense.

Also why don’t the club offer everyone the chance to save £100 plus by taking off Celtic games. I doubt many would do it but even 200-300 people doing it would free up some space

They have to move to new seats and it’s first come first serve or stay where you are and miss out on the filth games for a reduced price.No matter how it’s dressed up,some will be missing out.

Way i see it is they will only miss out if they are insistent on seats together for the OF game.

Given there is such strong sentiment among sections of the support, maybe a "ticket swap" could be set up for displaced supporters for these games, where other fans in the stadium with seats together volunteer to swap so displaced bears with youngsters who they don't want split up from can swap for the 2 games.

Personally me and my mates I sit beside would swap on a one off basis for such a reason. I'm sure enough would sign up to ensure no ST holder would miss out on these games.

I’d highly doubt they will ever get back what they had, it’s just beyond unworkable now. It’s not the great big boogeyman lurking to me some are making it out to be since yesterday.

An allocation like that which has been agreed has felt like the outcome to all of this for a while now, appeases a lot of our fans
I wouldn't bet on it bud, they made it work before, their main hassle was probably the BF1 section,
now the UB will be moved, they don't have that problem of finding seats whilst scattering everybody about the stadium, the Bheasts have probably around 7k extra seats too fill, so their ST holders won't be affected, you heard crispy cod yesterday basically saying it's a "start"!!

Surely all the groups of people are moved to where the UB currently sit and single seats get dotted around the ground. Would make sense.

Also why don’t the club offer everyone the chance to save £100 plus by taking off Celtic games. I doubt many would do it but even 200-300 people doing it would free up some space
How many are moving from the UB section over to CF? How many in BF5/BR5 and BF4/BR4 are going to have to move to accommodate the Dhims? The numbers don’t add up mate. The Club will know that, hence wording of email.

I wouldn't bet on it bud, they made it work before, their main hassle was probably the BF1 section,
now the UB will be moved, they don't have that problem of finding seats whilst scattering everybody about the stadium, the Bheasts have probably around 7k extra seats too fill, so their ST holders won't be affected, you heard crispy cod yesterday basically saying it's a "start"!!
I would, it won’t go back to that.

I’m one of the affected supporters in BF4 but I don’t feel let down in all honesty. These games need away fans.

I’ll take a seat move.
The right attitude, well done.
We are a stubborn lot and dig our heals in once we have decided on our view but ultimately, big picture thinking, this is best for Rangers going forward. Individual fan needs are important but not more so than the club itself. As I’ve argued before, the old firm spectacle draws interest and therefore finance to us. We are shooting ourselves in the foot going forward if it becomes less attractive to the wider football community and thus sponsors, Tv etc.
The atmosphere remains amazing if the home team are winning but in all truth it would quiet down should they not be. The desire for fans to outsing each other also brings something more to the atmosphere and that’s been missing.
I’m vocal on here about some of the things sung but that’s a different issue.
The old firm game with both sets of fans is best for Rangers going forward. This has to be a - what’s best for the club -decision.

We are a stubborn lot and dig our heals in once we have decided on our view but ultimately, big picture thinking, this is best for Rangers going forward. Individual fan needs are important but not more so than the club itself. As I’ve argued before, the old firm spectacle draws interest and therefore finance to us. We are shooting ourselves in the foot going forward if it becomes less attractive to the wider football community and thus sponsors, Tv etc.
The atmosphere remains amazing if the home team are winning but in all truth it would quiet down should they not be. The desire for fans to outsing each other also brings something more to the atmosphere and that’s been missing.
The old firm game with both sets of fans is best for Rangers going forward. This has to be a what’s best for the club decision.
Agreed, but when there is bad news to be given out organisations are judged on how they handle that. 'First come first served' just shows how little effort the club are putting into this. They probably put more input and decision making time into the monotonous marketing dirge we get from them on such a regular basis. Less marketing staff and more (good) customer service staff would be my vote.

From a purely selfish reason I was happy with this. Sit in GR4, gold MyGers etc etc

But seeing the amount in our bus chat who are affected with their kids and not knowing if they’ll get OF tickets I’ve changed. Our bus is full of youngsters who love going to Ibrox. This affects them and isn’t a good look.

We are a stubborn lot and dig our heals in once we have decided on our view but ultimately, big picture thinking, this is best for Rangers going forward. Individual fan needs are important but not more so than the club itself. As I’ve argued before, and therefore finance to us. We are shooting ourselves in the foot going forward if it becomes less attractive to the wider football community and thus sponsors, Tv etc.
The old firm game with both sets of fans is best for Rangers going forward. This has to be a - what’s best for the club -decision.
Sorry not for me, you want these animals back in!!![url=https://ibb.co/3yfQvLv][/URL]

From a purely selfish reason I was happy with this. Sit in GR4, gold MyGers etc etc

But seeing the amount in our bus chat who are affected with their kids and not knowing if they’ll get OF tickets I’ve changed. Our bus is full of youngsters who love going to Ibrox. This affects them and isn’t a good look.
A generation who might only get to see an Old Firm every so often if they're lucky enough.

Sad to see that some are happy with Celtic calling the shots cause that is what is happening here
Just because you don’t agree with the decision doesn’t mean Celtic are calling the shots. Plently of us wanted European allocations.

Agreed, but when there is bad news to be given out organisations are judged on how they handle that. 'First come first served' just shows how little effort the club are putting into this. They probably put more input and decision making time into the monotonous marketing dirge we get from them on such a regular basis. Less marketing staff and more (good) customer service staff would be my vote.
Fair point.
It’s far from ideal, but I wonder if Edmiston house priority is a possibility for anyone unfortunate enough to not get a seat? Perhaps with best seats and kind of VIP type extras/perks thrown in.

Back