After Rangers, what is your next biggest passion?

Cheers.

Very surprised how many posts are on now, but good to see so many bears sharing the same interests.

I also like running, I have managed five 10ks this year, couldn't do a half marathon or anything.

My fastest 10k was 50mins and 7 seconds, I just cant beat 50mins!
Nothing wrong with 50.07!
Running every day is tough on your body, but if you can manage 3-4 times most weeks, varying speed & distance...
Good luck.

Rangers are my main source of engagement, entertainment and joy.

I am not into rugby, UFC or snooker or anything.

I would say my next biggest passion would be boxsets, canny beat a Rangers European victory followed by an episode or two of 24
I love boxing, actually prefer it to football. I’m Rangers daft and everything comes second the gers but if there is a big football match on and a big fight on I’ll watch the fight.

Can vary. I would tend to nominate things I look forward to like looking forward to the next match. At the moment I look forward to TV programme Killing Eve which is innovative entertainment.

How did you get into Rangers Scarlett ? Did the family move down to England when you were young ?

Glasgow born and bred. Moved to England aged 25 just to see what happened and have built a great life down here in the last 13 years. Thinking about moving back in the next couple of years, feels like it's time to come home.

Always loved the Gers. I don't remember a time where I didn't. Come from a working class blue nose family.

My dad was a huge fan but died when I was 18 months. My family encouraged my obsession though and I was lucky to have a wonderful uncle who took me to Ibrox. My first game was 28 years ago. I'll never forget it.

Saw the Sourness era and nine in a row. Saw Laudrup and Gazza. Watched the 92 euro run mostly from the playroom in Yorkhill where my wee brother was a patient. You could see Ibrox lit up under the lights from the window while I watched it on TV sat on the windowsill.

Have fallen away at times over the years. Didn't have sky sports for a few years ago only saw what I could find online. My boss told me about RTV last year so got that, then this summer happened....

Got lots of friends who don't understand it but this team is part of who I am, and only people like us understand it.

Counting down the days until I can make it back up for a game. I can't wait.

It'd be my 7 year old Grandson, have been lucky enough to spend a lot of quality time with him due to finishing work at 3 most days, he's now a better swimmer than me, which wouldn't be hard :D

My wife and I love our holidays together, had a fortnight in Playa Blanca in May and 10 days in Stalis, Crete just last month :cool:

Glasgow born and bred. Moved to England aged 25 just to see what happened and have built a great life down here in the last 13 years. Thinking about moving back in the next couple of years, feels like it's time to come home.

Always loved the Gers. I don't remember a time where I didn't. Come from a working class blue nose family.

My dad was a huge fan but died when I was 18 months. My family encouraged my obsession though and I was lucky to have a wonderful uncle who took me to Ibrox. My first game was 28 years ago. I'll never forget it.

Saw the Sourness era and nine in a row. Saw Laudrup and Gazza. Watched the 92 euro run mostly from the playroom in Yorkhill where my wee brother was a patient. You could see Ibrox lit up under the lights from the window while I watched it on TV sat on the windowsill.

Have fallen away at times over the years. Didn't have sky sports for a few years ago only saw what I could find online. My boss told me about RTV last year so got that, then this summer happened....

Got lots of friends who don't understand it but this team is part of who I am, and only people like us understand it.

Counting down the days until I can make it back up for a game. I can't wait.

Great post. It’s amazing to me to read about you and so many bears on here who are all over the world & still in love with Rangers Football Club. Very emotional reading these things.

As they say, once a Ranger :D

Love it when they say ok stop I’ve had enough

Fuk you and give him more
BLB0wyJ.gif

I've toured some of the major racing stables and studs throughout the UK. To be up close and draw your hand down the neck of these beautiful animals is a special feeling and very fulfilling.
My favourite memory is being taken by trainer Barry Hills up to the top of his beautiful Faringdon gallops in Lambourn on one of those summer morning's that God gifted only to the English country side. Listening to the approaching thundering hoofs as these equine athletes appear snorting out of the early morning mist and whoosh by is the closest I've been to heaven on earth. My Son (who is no longer with us) was with me and was as entranced as I was. A special memory.

PS My admiration for jockeys and stable staff knows no bounds. Their courage and commitment and love of the Racehorse is the reason I can indulge my passion for this great sport.

I'm very fortunate to have ridden out up the gallops in Lambourn a few times.

We are friends with Alastair Lidderdale and his wife and have 2 of their old horses currently and have retrained and rehomed several more. We were involved in a syndicate through them and have watched a horse as owners and then taken him to retrain, rehome and follow him in his new life - a privilege.

The Thoroughbred is the most magnificent creature alive. Im still amazed everytime I take mine for a gallop, there's nothing like it.

Always lovely to see people voice appreciation for the staff, they do it because they love it and it's a hard life at times.

Really interesting thread.

For me, it’s family and Tottenham in that order.

I’m a pretty decent golfer at amateur level but I don’t actually enjoy playing it anymore. I play it because I’m decent at it, but I don’t get much enjoyment from it. I used to be obsessed with it when I was in high school, and I’d spend full days at the golf course I played but I don’t get any time to practice these days and so my handicap has crept up the past 2 seasons and I completely cant be bothered with it now.

I just know a big family of Williamson’s from either Invercanny or Ledmore that I lost touch with when I left Glasgow in the early eighties.
Can’t be the guy I knew, as I’m sure I’d have recognised him in the day.

I've been thinking about it and the only other info I can add is that his day gig was working in Greaves Sports shop for a while.

I'm very fortunate to have ridden out up the gallops in Lambourn a few times.

We are friends with Alastair Lidderdale and his wife and have 2 of their old horses currently and have retrained and rehomed several more. We were involved in a syndicate through them and have watched a horse as owners and then taken him to retrain, rehome and follow him in his new life - a privilege.

The Thoroughbred is the most magnificent creature alive. Im still amazed everytime I take mine for a gallop, there's nothing like it.

Always lovely to see people voice appreciation for the staff, they do it because they love it and it's a hard life at times.

Thanks for sharing Scarlett. Sounds like you're living the dream. If I had my time again I would have loved to have got involved with a career in racing. Although I suspect the gallops would have had to have been in Bellahouston Park so that I would have been handy for Ibrox:D

Outwith family and friends then my two great passions outside football/Rangers is music and film.

Especially music. Few things make me happier than hearing a new band or song I’ve never heard before and investigating further.

Great thread! Some talented folk on here.

I was obsessed with football as a kid, to the point where I didn't care much about much else. i'm not going to make the same mistake with my son, who I'll try to encourage to take up a variety of hobbies.

I picked up an interest in photography a few years back. Started with digital but now own about 30 old film cameras which I use regularly. Also love reading (especially Soviet history) and travelling which I'm lucky to do a lot of with my job.

in sport i follow the toronto maple leafs ,family of course , real rock and roll music ,none of this modern shyte .

Rangers
Family life
Sports
Cycling
Spending too much time on here.
I’d say it’s a mixture of all. I focus my attention to what I need to do in life , try to do my best then I have my time when I’m watching the Rangers.

1. My two kids
2. The Rangers
3. My vocation
4. My lifestyle

3 and 4 kinda go hand in hand, but my job gives me a great sense pride and allows/supports my way of life.

Back