MOTM Poll Alashkert v Rangers - 16:00 Thursday - BBC Scotland

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cant vote on this worst performance ive just about ever seen

Nondrive, Hunger or determination

But i still think we’ll win the league but they all collectively need a rocket up their arses before sunday

I watched our game then theirs and it was like watching sunday league vs a EPL game

Will all due respect…. Your post is akin to Matt Hancock facing Peirs Morgan on GMB last year.

We’re splitting feathers.

We were being led to believe this was a relatively minuscule issue. (It wasn’t - as an injury to mccrorie and Arfield in that first half could’ve been a real difficult one to over come)

We were led to believe that the rumours were largely inaccurate/nonsense. Ok they weren’t factually accurate but they were 99.99% correct. It was only a list of 5 players missing when it was actually more. So the “rumours” were underplayed.

As I said - splitting feathers with putting phrases/quotes under the microscope. It was being played down, when it was/is a serious issue that could’ve or could haunt us today/weekend.

Hence my questioning of the motive.
Yeah, I see your point.

But here is the issue, when some were naming 6 names they had heard...

Then someone else named 6, 4 being the same and 2 being different...

Then someone else naming a other 5, then someone naming another 7 ... before we knew it almost everyone in the first team had been named along with squad players.

This lead to some panicking comments of "we will lose the next 2 games" and "this is like their dubai situation" because we know they had to essentially field their youths against Hibs.

We were no where near that scenario, but because people kept naming different names the 'panic' ensued.

What admin did was calm everyone down, confirm that nobody has been right yet and that we have enough to progress in Europe and have players back for Sunday.

In that situation I back the genuine ITK admin over the panicking clueless lot on here

First hauf, nae danger. Should hsve been 2 up at hslf time.

Second hauf, back to weak passing and shooting plus sitting too deep and thus allowing them any chance to get back in the tie.

Sometimes it was like watchinng strangers not The RANGERS.

Plus, how many times did the wee prick McLeod mention the mhanks from the dark side.

Although I understand the criticism of our performance on here - I'm not sure how justified that criticism is ?

I know we didn't capitalise on playing a pretty poor team who were a man down
I know we fluffed our chances & another day we could have lived to regret that

But reading posts insisting we should have played at a much higher tempo conveniently dismisses the temperature involved here - i.e. it was at least 5 - 8 degrees higher than the West of Scotland was in the last few days
Water breaks aren't given for fun - the temperature dictates these decisions

Alfie wasn't anywhere near his best - & obviously would be expected to slot one of his chances away - but what striker hasn't done that - only to be back better than ever

Singling him out for critiscism isn't as fair as it might seem either - Helander, Arfield & Hagi all missed chances - Aribo hit the woodwork twice
None of these chances were as clear cut as Alfie's - but they were all missed opportunities nevertheless

Was that a good performance last night ? Was it chookie !
But we're through & I'll take that
& I won't be paying too much attention to some of the OTT criticism meantime

One thing I did mean to add about McCrorie's performance last night. I know he didn't have a massive amount to do but his control of the ball and distribution was very good. More often than not it went directly to one of our players from the goalie which is a great.

In a very weak performance overall there were a couple of shining lights and McCrorie's performance for me was one of them.

Yeah, I see your point.

But here is the issue, when some were naming 6 names they had heard...

Then someone else named 6, 4 being the same and 2 being different...

Then someone else naming a other 5, then someone naming another 7 ... before we knew it almost everyone in the first team had been named along with squad players.

This lead to some panicking comments of "we will lose the next 2 games" and "this is like their dubai situation" because we know they had to essentially field their youths against Hibs.

We were no where near that scenario, but because people kept naming different names the 'panic' ensued.

What admin did was calm everyone down, confirm that nobody has been right yet and that we have enough to progress in Europe and have players back for Sunday.

In that situation I back the genuine ITK admin over the panicking clueless lot on here

I totally understand your point also.

But it was being painted as being a “non-story” or insignificant happening. It most certainly wasn’t and isn’t.

Ok so the fine details of rumours were inaccurate but we were still missing two GKs and arguably 3-4 first pick outfield players. Plus our manager.

I totally understand your point also.

But it was being painted as being a “non-story” or insignificant happening. It most certainly wasn’t and isn’t.

Ok so the fine details of rumours were inaccurate but we were still missing two GKs and arguably 3-4 first pick outfield players. Plus our manager.
2 goalies and 4 outfield players with the “Covid scare”, 2 suspended, 1 injured, 2 not named in the squad, that’s 11 players not available, plus the manager :oops:

No problem with at times we do not play but still get a result. Problem is this season most of our games have been poor with Dunfermline being the only one where we knocked in goals with ease.
If we were to lose on Sunday because we did not give 100% then we would need changes to the team and bring in a few of the younger players and leave out those not giving us full commitment. Anyway let’s hope we are up for it and show we are still the top team.

Slow methodical, boring football, my fav Morelas was terrible, we can't have a striker miss chances like that, the only game I have watched this season played at a very high tempo was the friendly against Madrid, our front 3 to start was Kent.masala and Wright, really pacy.

Most unlike Buff to miss those chances, but his presence on the park is another matter, he doesn’t give any defender a second to settle on the ball.

He would be in my team every game.

Slow methodical, boring football, my fav Morelas was terrible, we can't have a striker miss chances like that, the only game I have watched this season played at a very high tempo was the friendly against Madrid, our front 3 to start was Kent.masala and Wright, really pacy.
You could at least try and get your favourites name correct.

Just a wee bit worried about McCrorie's lack of screaming to organise the wall at the free kick!

Only thing I can think went through Alfie's mind when he was too near their kneeling goalie to score, was to blast the ball of his goolies to make him a bit slower next time!

I was worried near the end that had Alashkert scored they'd have run riot with the crowd behind them.

Massive bonus on the night was AZ's lesson to all Scottish clubs on how to deal with a gungh ho Septic. Accurate long diagonals and they're in trouble!

MOTM - Patterson

MOTAZM - Arsefelt -although Hart was close!

No problem with at times we do not play but still get a result. Problem is this season most of our games have been poor with Dunfermline being the only one where we knocked in goals with ease.
If we were to lose on Sunday because we did not give 100% then we would need changes to the team and bring in a few of the younger players and leave out those not giving us full commitment. Anyway let’s hope we are up for it and show we are still the top team.

I thought we were very good in Dingwall

I thought we were very good in Dingwall
We got the points which was great but I did not think we were as good as last season and County could end up at the bottom of the league. I just feel there is something lacking in our play which cost us against Malmo and the Arabs. However no reason why it can be sorted starting Sunday.

Back