Alex Lowry in training

For me Lowry should be doing a waghorn, bulking with lean muscle would benefit him.

Even if he got to Scott Wright type of proportions it would be a massive imprvovement.

Had the body of an little woman - needs to up that.

Last edited:
I’d love to see the boy crack on become a main man in the starting XI.

It would great to see a successful Rangers team with youth players coming through and playing their part.

Even if he got to Scott Wright type of proportions it would be a massive imprvovement.

Had the body of a little women - needs to up that.
Yeh agree, he’s young though but to make it to the top you need to have power and strength alongside the touch , vision and skill. I rate him highly, I just hope he uses the travesty of the last year positively for himself, his future and his family.

For me Lowry should be doing a waghorn, bulking with lean muscle would benefit him.

He’s got to be careful - I reckon one of the reasons he looks as good as he does at times is because of his tall slim wiry build and natural balance. He bulks up and changes his body shape then it may be to the detriment of his natural ability.

I agree he defo could do with increasing his running power and strength, but not so much bulk up! It’s his off the ball that’s going to decide whether he makes it at Rangers imo. Ability wise I reckon he’s as good as anyone in the first team.

I dont think where was,
That whole team started the season un-fit

A FF lie

An unfit team doesn’t beat good USG and PSV teams to qualify for the Champions League.

Our league season started in July we lost our first league game in September.

Folk confuse losing players to injury to not being fit.

We followed our longest season ever of 65 games with our shortest preseason.

Professional athletes must be able to follow a programme in the gym surely?

Would we not have the place manned 24/7?
What happens when someone drops something on their foot? What’s the insurance implications of a professional player training with no accompaniment.

Yeh agree, he’s young though but to make it to the top you need to have power and strength alongside the touch , vision and skill. I rate him highly, I just hope he uses the travesty of the last year positively for himself, his future and his family.

Yeah, he’s getting to the key years now.

Tillman is a man. Lowry is a boy.

Tillman set the standard - Lowry needs to get there this year.

Definitely got the talent.

Physique and tenperament could maybe have been his issues previously.

Sounds like he's going for it big time which is promising!

His mother passed away too.
Cant let that be an excuse there were internet rumours to be cast up.

Good luck to him this season, truly hope he kicks on.

Our season started in July last year. His mother passed away in April , the season finished May.

I’m one of Lowry’s biggest fans but last season (and preseason) was wasted by Lowry. My daughter is also friends with one of our academy players (who made his first team debut at the end of the season) and the rumours of his attitude and application in training had more substance than purely internet rumour.

What happens when someone drops something on their foot? What’s the insurance implications of a professional player training with no accompaniment.
I haven’t a clue tbh, but would imagine employee liability insurance covers it for the club, the non manned commercial gyms open 24/7 like Pure Gym seem to get around that issue too.

I haven’t a clue tbh, but would imagine employee liability insurance covers it for the club, the non manned commercial gyms open 24/7 like Pure Gym seem to get around that issue too.
I would think it’s a bit different for a professional to an amateur training. Though I don’t know. Maybe it’s a question for Bisgrove, why can’t they train when they want.

Maybe the player(s) just like a change of scene, a different voice and a different routine, having turned up to the Rangers Training Centre every day.

Our season started in July last year. His mother passed away in April , the season finished May.

I’m one of Lowry’s biggest fans but last season (and preseason) was wasted by Lowry. My daughter is also friends with one of our academy players (who made his first team debut at the end of the season) and the rumours of his attitude and application in training had more substance than purely internet rumour.
With respect ABB, this still an internet rumour to most on the board.

I just think it’s pretty poor that any thread about him, even a positive one where he is doing extra training, someone will always post about a so called attitude problem. It’s maybe time for this particular FF trope to die off.

A FF lie

An unfit team doesn’t beat good USG and PSV teams to qualify for the Champions League.

Our league season started in July we lost our first league game in September.

Folk confuse losing players to injury to not being fit.

We followed our longest season ever of 65 games with our shortest preseason.
Not a FF lie, It has also come from players when asked about fitness,
Arfield and Tav mentioned they had done more ball work than fitness work

Lol it's a thread about Alex Lowry, there's not much really to speak about since end of last season?
The club seem to disagree. They did an update on Lowry's journey just a few weeks ago. Covered his story from when he joined us at 10 years old until now ie;

"Lowry, who can play as an attacking midfielder or winger, recently signed a new contract that keeps him at the club until at least 2025 and his journey from Academy player to permanent member of the first-team squad is one he is extremely proud of."

And this about attitude;

"Alex is just at the beginning of his first-team adventure but he has the right attitude and vows to work as hard as he can to try and earn more game time in Michael Beale’s side. "

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/alex-lowrys-academy-journey/19h8Jiw1rDt3qXmRt6Da8y

Lowry picked up a calf injury during the pre-season camp last season, that slowed things down a bit.

Then when he was recovering from that, he got the injury from that assault in the B team game.

I hope everything is a bit smoother for him this summer, and then we can see just what he's capable of. He spoke recently about how he has to better than Arfield and Hagi - he's going to have Dowell, Cifuentes and Cantwell to consider as well.

The club seem to disagree. They did an update on Lowry's journey just a few weeks ago. Covered his story from when he joined us at 10 years old until now ie;

"Lowry, who can play as an attacking midfielder or winger, recently signed a new contract that keeps him at the club until at least 2025 and his journey from Academy player to permanent member of the first-team squad is one he is extremely proud of."

And this about attitude;

"Alex is just at the beginning of his first-team adventure but he has the right attitude and vows to work as hard as he can to try and earn more game time in Michael Beale’s side. "

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/alex-lowrys-academy-journey/19h8Jiw1rDt3qXmRt6Da8y
Many games he play start of the season? Even on the bench?

Big year for him if he's to make it, and I hope he does. Midfield has only got more competitive with Hagi and Lawrence coming back and new signings too.

He's not a pure winger per se but might have to find his niche in a spot that's not his preferred 10.

Looking forward to seeing him hopefully become a genuine first team contender this year. Not expecting 50 odd games, he will have dips, but this could be a good time for him to break through properly.

Curious to find out if Beale sees him centrally, or more off the left in a Grealish type role.

This should be the season that Lowry cements a place in the first team. How much longer would we give him?

Well he ended the season on a high, he shoulda been flying at the start of last season, why wasn't he ? If the rumours weren't true?
Something to do with the season starting on 30th July, and just 6 weeks later him being on the receiving end of an assault which kept him out for months?

Maybe a terrible manager who played football that didn't actually involve attacking?

A team that was struggling overall?

Plenty of reasons without inventing attitude problems.

Something to do with the season starting on 30th July, and just 6 weeks later him being on the receiving end of an assault which kept him out for months?

Maybe a terrible manager who played football that didn't actually involve attacking?

A team that was struggling overall?

Plenty of reasons without inventing attitude problems.
so before the 6 weeks, what was he doing? Ffs he’s not above criticism.

The boy isn’t even 20 years old yet ffs!

Just for an example, Barry Ferguson didn’t make his debut for Rangers until he was 19.
Fair enough but my point still stands. If its not now,is it next year? Maybe the year after? I like Lowry,I can see he is a talented boy. But surely we can agree he needs to start forcing the issue with regards to holding down a first team berth?

so before the 6 weeks, what was he doing? Ffs he’s not above criticism.
Covered that in the examples underneath that. Manager who didn't play attacking football, team struggling overall. Bit unfair to expect a (then) 19 year old who had made a handful of appearances to be playing at a level different to the seasoned pros.

Also, "tricks are for the circus" may just have had an impact on a creative player too?

I'm not sure your expectations for the lad align with reality.

Not a FF lie, It has also come from players when asked about fitness,
Arfield and Tav mentioned they had done more ball work than fitness work

Football manager gets football team football fit shocker.

can you post link to articles where players were saying they weren’t fit ?

Back