Alex Neil the new Sunderland manager

TLB is going to be like Super Ally. Telling the press that he was in the running for this job or that job, but always "just missing out". The reality is that he is a busted flush as a manager and will end up as a tv or radio pundit.

He's had a good managerial career so far.

Taking Hamilton up was a great feat (they also beat Celtic at Parkhead their first full season back in the SPFL) and worked wonders at Norwich to get them promoted. They were then relegated but that always happens with Norwich and, for whatever reasons, didn't work out at Preston.

He'll do well at Sunderland.

Sensible appointment by Sunderland, on a different level from clowns like Lee Johnson
First priority to get Sunderland out of League One at the fourth attempt.

Taking Hamilton up was a great feat (they also beat Celtic at Parkhead their first full season back in the SPFL) and worked wonders at Norwich to get them promoted. They were then relegated but that always happens with Norwich and, for whatever reasons, didn't work out at Preston.

People forget Accies were top of the league for a spell when he was there.

I used to have a client who was a Norwich fan and he loved him.

He's a better manager than Jack Ross in my book and would have been a much better choice than Maloney n that wank Caldwell.

I quite like him - seems to go about his business well and while he won’t rise to be near the top tier of managers, he will build something positive for the clubs he is at.

Sunderland is a poisoned chalice for managers though… they go through them at a fast rate.

He is not the worst manager out there.

As a poster stated above he done well with Hamilton and Norwich.

There were folk wanting him for the Rangers job.

Can you imagine the meltdown is 'Alex Francis Neil' was manager.

Apparently talks broke down with him

He was in the ITV studios before the FA cup games at the weekend.

The host was joking with him about the Sunderland job, kind of like Linekar did with Gerrard before he joined us.

Looked like it was a done deal.

I hope Jermain let’s him see his league winners medal.
I’m not their biggest fan, but due to Defoe being there I will cheer them on until JD leaves, however many managers there are in between. Maybe JD gets it next season?

Lennon denied another job due to anti-kaffl... oh wait. Erm... anti-Irish racism!

Neil could be a good fit for them.

Done alright with Preston. Preston seem like the most unambitious club going and are happy to be bottom half championship

I think he’ll do well at Sunderland

Hes probably the best appointment they could make in their current predicament..hes up against it straight away though due to the majority of their support wanting Keane

Him & McCann were the smart choices, the sheep & hibs should be kicking themselves for not getting him. Could've been a Steve Clarke level appointment for them, instead they'll languish in the bottom-half with their experimental managers lol.
The Chairman’s BF is in charge at Aberdeen so that wouldn’t have happened :)

TLB is going to be like Super Ally. Telling the press that he was in the running for this job or that job, but always "just missing out". The reality is that he is a busted flush as a manager and will end up as a tv or radio pundit.
Or the next lead role in Shrek.

He was in the ITV studios before the FA cup games at the weekend.

The host was joking with him about the Sunderland job, kind of like Linekar did with Gerrard before he joined us.

Looked like it was a done deal.
Yeah judging by the reports that were surfacing of course only Keane knew the truth of it

… or preferably in the gutter where he belongs.

Back