Alex Neil the new Sunderland manager

Was interviewed for Rangers job and impressed the board a few years ago might have been 2017ish.

Obviously never got job but was told they would keep an eye on him and seems hes not done much since.

Shows how far we have came when he was even under consideration.

Do Sunderland hold the world record of the most managerial appointments the past 20 years?
Probably not but there has been the panic decision moments to ensure results are far better in the short term

If the club don't get up this season then it becomes harder to get out the League as each season passes as you get struck in that rut of continually trying to achieve it

Still to be officially confirmed BTW

Pictured at Durham train station on route to the game at AFC Wimbledon

FLVdSCbXsAY_mBZ

Done alright with Preston. Preston seem like the most unambitious club going and are happy to be bottom half championship

I think he’ll do well at Sunderland

As a North End fan that's a pretty fair assessment.

At that level he should take them up no bother but this is Sunderland we're talking about. They always seem to make a right dogs breakfast of it.

FWIW I think he'll get them up & then get sacked at the 1st point they start to struggle.

As a North End fan that's a pretty fair assessment.

At that level he should take them up no bother but this is Sunderland we're talking about. They always seem to make a right dogs breakfast of it.

FWIW I think he'll get them up & then get sacked at the 1st point they start to struggle.

Sorry to put down your club but it just looks that way from the outside!

Hope Sunderland continue to fail, not because of this appointment but rather more that *Kevin 'I'm a Republican' McGuire* (journo) supports them. :cool:

*He* once attempted with great purpose to discredit Rangers fans on live TV because of our flag of choice. A despicable creature.

Forever be in pain ya cvnt along with the team of your choice. :shh:

Hes probably the best appointment they could make in their current predicament..hes up against it straight away though due to the majority of their support wanting Keane
Shows what the Sunderland fans know about football, Keane is a crap manager, Neil is decent at that level.

Alex Neil will join the English managerial merry go round with the same average bunch of guys getting work unfortunately.

There's no doubting some have the ability to do well in the game but the absolute head cases of chairman/hierchy at some clubs don't allow them time.

Clubs like Sunderland are a sleeping giant of English football and in my opinion should be in the Premier League. Their fans are second to none with passion and loyality to the club.

Shows what the Sunderland fans know about football, Keane is a crap manager, Neil is decent at that level.
They wanted Keane purely on sentimental reasons ..he would never have done a job at that level, Neil is much better.

He's had a good managerial career so far.

Taking Hamilton up was a great feat (they also beat Celtic at Parkhead their first full season back in the SPFL) and worked wonders at Norwich to get them promoted. They were then relegated but that always happens with Norwich and, for whatever reasons, didn't work out at Preston.

He'll do well at Sunderland.
Agreed…good manager.

That should be their promotion hopes fekked. Another overrated manager who seems to get decent jobs

Him & McCann were the smart choices, the sheep & hibs should be kicking themselves for not getting him. Could've been a Steve Clarke level appointment for them, instead they'll languish in the bottom-half with their experimental managers lol.
Neil McCann? Not sure how a guy sacked by Dundee and Inverness would be smart choice tbh.

Alex Neil will take Sunderland up, a good appointment.

Back